Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79892 times)

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #360 on: October 13, 2009, 10:18:59 pm »

what I did was I installed the civforge graphics like it says, then i downloaded the mayday dwarf fortress from his website, and copied out the graphics and placed them in with the civforge graphics.

so the file structure is like this.

Graphics Folder
-Mayday Graphics Folder
--Mayday Graphics File
-CivForge Graphics Folder
--CivForge Graphics File
-CivForge text
-Mayday text
Balanced Wheels is just rolling along

A small sign posted at the far end of the catapult range.

"In ToolCrew Microline strikes you!"

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 14, 2009, 04:08:55 am »

Also, just to make sure you've got the simple thing, double-check init.txt to make sure GRAPHICS is set to YES and the resolution settings are filled in.

...For that matter, does anyone know a good resolution to use with the graphics set? I tried 800x600(laptop, screen is rather constrained) but everything was squashed funny.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2009, 09:10:59 am »

Just here to say that this is the only mod I regularly use - I can't go without my 3-shielded xelic adventurers!  I love when I stumble upon a kidnapped xelic who became a leader of a civilization that uses armor - pretty much makes me invincible, if I'm careful.  I always imagine my adventurer as some sort of metal-coated spinning cuisinart in praying-mantis form.

What sort of bugs are xelics supposed to be anyway?  I like them being mantises, they are so articulated.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 14, 2009, 10:20:40 am »

Xelics are really more like beetles then mantises. Although a mantis race would be cool...I may have to make one for the next version.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 14, 2009, 11:56:20 am »

Question for people: How often do you use the various Crystal Metals? They show up often enough with traders, of course, but how often do you actually make, say, Blood Crystal or Night Crystal? What about Void Crystal?

Originally I added them in so you could have some sort of armor/weapon industry on a map without decent copper/iron deposits. Do you ever find yourself relying on them? Or should I think about repurposing them for the next version?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 14, 2009, 11:58:30 am »

okay I keep having this problem.

I've copied over all of the graphics from the mayday mod, that includes the art file and the graphics file.

I tried to activate the graphics via init file.

I took the following from mayday

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I replaced the same lines in the df_28_181_40c init file

The result is that when I load the game up I get a black screen. what am I doing wrong? All paths to the graphics are the same, as they were in the mayday version, and the mayday version works, but its based on an earlier version of the game (not the latest version).

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 14, 2009, 12:19:19 pm »

I make blood crystal all the dang time.  Of course, I have a noble who LOOOVES the stuff.

I make a fair amount of Void crystal in my fort, too, because it's pretty nifty stuff.  The crystals are not as labor-intensive as steel, and require far less fuel, so I like them.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 14, 2009, 03:18:47 pm »

okay I reversed my thinking, I threw the civforge graphics in with the mayday download and it works like a charm.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 15, 2009, 06:25:30 am »

I rarely mess with blood crystal or night crystal, as I almost always have good deposits of both cinnabar and cobaltite. Any crystal I make or buy gets converted to void crystal
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 16, 2009, 06:44:19 pm »

okay I reversed my thinking, I threw the civforge graphics in with the mayday download and it works like a charm.
Erm...you did what now? Put the civiforge txt file in with the mayday file?
Sorry to be a bother, but I've been trying to get the race graphics to work for the past week or two and have made no progress at all so far.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:17:29 pm by NewoTigra »

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 16, 2009, 09:32:34 pm »

Hey there, I just started using Civmod to try something different and I seem to have run into an odd bug. I recently started a new fort and my two miners are doing what I can only describe as a bizarre game of 'touch and go' with their picks (or mattocks as it were).

Basically after they finish mining out a zone they drop their picks and walk off, only to realize they really do need them and run back to pick them up only to drop them again, ad infinitum. They'll still work if I designate new stone to mine and they go to eat/drink when they need to, but it is slightly distressing to watch (especially if they start doing this in a siege...).

Any ideas what's happening?

For the record its a fresh d16 install with the only mods being this and mayday graphics.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 16, 2009, 10:02:44 pm »

Just go to the military screen and set all of your miners and woodcutters to use two weapons. Mattocks and War Axes are two-handed weapons (As are long swords), so they need to be told to use two hands if necessary.
Come play Mafia with us!

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 16, 2009, 10:08:29 pm »

Erm...you did what now? Put the civiforge txt file in with the mayday file?
Sorry to be a bother, but I've been trying to get the race graphics to work for the past week or two and have made no progress at all so far.

the mayday graphics mod I downloaded came with a different version of DF. Every time I tried to move the mayday graphics and stuff to the most recent version of DF from the offical site, it kept giving me a black screen. So what I did was I loaded the civforge info into the DF folder that had the original mayday stuff and it workes fine.

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 17, 2009, 06:06:17 am »

Just go to the military screen and set all of your miners and woodcutters to use two weapons. Mattocks and War Axes are two-handed weapons (As are long swords), so they need to be told to use two hands if necessary.

Ah, thank you. I was afraid it would be something more serious. Anyway this is a great mod and I enjoy it very much (although I already lost said fortress, got overrun by dinos). I'll continue playing and hopefully get a successful one off the ground eventually.

Cheers.

Vertigo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Civilization Forge Mod + Graphics
« Reply #374 on: October 17, 2009, 02:10:11 pm »

After a few month without Dwarf Fortress I decided to come back for more this time with the Civilization Forge Mod as well as the graphics set for it (the one from Undeadstag that is).

After several tries of reinstalling (or re-unpacking) Dwarf Fortress, the mod and the graphics pack I've concluded that I have to be doing something wrong because, despite following the rather brief readme files word for word it doesn't seem to work. Civilization Forge by itself is running fine but the graphics aren't displayed at all. I tried setting [GRAPHICS:NO] to [GRAPHICS:YES] and leaving the rest untouched however all I got was graphics for the dwarfs themselves (the example ones).
Can anyone help me by either providing advice on what to do or even better uploading a archive such as .zip or .rar with a working version of Civilization Forge with graphics added?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31