Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79903 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #330 on: September 02, 2009, 01:31:03 pm »

Odd. Well, I'm glad it's all working now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 10, 2009, 09:20:23 am »

I seem to have a problem with growing glowcaps. From time to time, seeds will get stuck - they show up as in the farm plot, but they're not marked with {B} (straight braces made curly because of BBCode). Farmers keep trying to get those nodes to plant, and will cancel plant seeds: needs glowcap nodes.

If I forbid the seeds in question, the spam stops, but then the ones that WERE planted successfully can't be harvested because the workshop is forbidden. The only way to clear it up seems to be to let the field go fallow, let everything else get harvested, and desconstruct. (Well, maybe destroying the plot earlier would do it, not sure.)

I've never encountered this with any other crop, not in CF or otherwise. Only glowcaps.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:43:48 pm by Shurhaian »
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 10, 2009, 10:29:48 am »

Hmm...no idea. Maybe an odd bug with the game in general? I know I've never had that issue before, and I rely on Glowcaps a lot for a reliable quality booze source.

Maybe get a save set up which shows the problem and submit a bug report to Toady?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #333 on: September 10, 2009, 11:14:10 am »

This mod seems interesting, i always wanted more variety in races but please please could someone make a version that displays names and tiles correctly in MikeMayday's DFG19?
I would really like to try this mod out.
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 10, 2009, 07:45:29 pm »

If I can get it to repeat, I may indeed make a bug report of it. I think it may have had to do with the irregular shape of the plot - I found stone after starting to dig out a 5x5 square, and undesignated it as it appeared. So not only was the plot irregular, the farmers couldn't even walk around normally. No idea if that's relevant, but eh.

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 11, 2009, 07:20:28 am »

Apologies for the double post, but a few little things - spelling points:

-The curved sword is a falchion in English(wouldn't surprise me if other languages drop the h)
-I'm pretty sure verdant is intended, rather than verdent.
-Larva(e.g. for giant beetles) is usually pluralized as larvae. This can make it a bit easier to interpret birth messages at a glance.

All very minor things. So far, in general, I'm liking the mod!

(Ed.: Prefstring for slime molds could probably be changed to a visual feature. People who like something for its (PREFSTRING) don't necessarily like to consume it, I don't think... at least the prefstring isn't used there.)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 09:27:53 am by Shurhaian »

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #336 on: September 11, 2009, 09:22:45 am »

This mod seems interesting, i always wanted more variety in races but please please could someone make a version that displays names and tiles correctly in MikeMayday's DFG19?
I would really like to try this mod out.

Someone? Please?
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 11, 2009, 10:38:23 am »

Thanks, Shurhaian , I'll look into those.

@Kiberkiller, I'd help but I honestly have no experience with working with the Graphics pack. Maybe you could also try posting in Mayday's thread about DFG19 to see if anyone there can help you?
Come play Mafia with us!

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 13, 2009, 05:56:03 pm »

Another minor point of detail, concerning the large insects...

Insects don't have a cephalothorax. Spiders do(and I think scorpions; arachnids). Insects have a separate head and thorax, though in many cases there's not much of a visible "neck". All the legs attach to the thorax, as does the abdomen.

Very minor thing. I'm not sure if there are even big insects in stock DF, offhand, never mind how they're modeled...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 13, 2009, 08:58:13 pm »

That's what I get for being lazy, I think. I probably just grabbed the same body info from the Giant Scorpion or Spider. I'll have to model them correctly for the next version.
Come play Mafia with us!

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 14, 2009, 09:11:03 am »

The problem looks to be in the INSECT body, actually. So I think this one can get blamed on Toady - unless you spliced that into the middle yourself.

Crab is even worse off in that regard. I think. I'm not sure what a crab's body parts are properly called, anymore...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 14, 2009, 10:07:30 am »

I think INSECT_BODY was my copy of whatever the spider and scorpion use. I probably meant to go back and find out the correct terms for everything and just didn't get around to it.

Oh, well, I've got to redo everything with the next version of DF anyway. I'll just do it right this time.
Come play Mafia with us!

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 14, 2009, 11:00:19 am »

Indeed, these things I've been bringing up lately are all little, nitpicky; they don't actually interfere with anything(haven't had the glowcap problem since I started a new fortress, for instance; maybe it was just the irregular plot). With so much changing come the new version, that's probably an ideal time to overhaul those little things. :)

funktopus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 17, 2009, 07:40:02 pm »

I think I just found an interesting bug/feature, and I don't know what exactly happened.

Vamari traders came along, and I gave them a bunch of syrup roasts for leather and stuff. When they left, this happened:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/disrobespierre/whaaaaaat.png

The wagons just caught fire spontaneously and filled my halls with smoke for a while, and then filled the halls with blood.

The only thing that I could possibly think would cause this would be that they had to walk over stone that's 1 z-level above magma.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 17, 2009, 07:43:45 pm »

Yeah, looks like wagons might need 3 tiles wide of no-magma
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31