Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79923 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #285 on: July 16, 2009, 06:40:50 pm »

WinRAR.
Hello Hunam

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 16, 2009, 06:44:43 pm »

That's what I use. Odd, it really shouldn't have any problems.

If you want I can always send you a copy via e-mail that I verify opens for me with WinRar. You can just PM me your e-mail address.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 16, 2009, 06:46:26 pm »

I edited my first post on thes page and I said it worked :/. Anyway I'm going to try this, though in my opinion if you want to make it harder go for it!
Hello Hunam

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 16, 2009, 06:49:02 pm »

Ah, I missed that. Glad it works now. :)

And, yeah, I'll probably release the Hard version of Civ Forge sometime this weekend.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

PsychoBuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 17, 2009, 08:04:01 pm »

Posted here because I don't have an account on DFFD yet.

Undeadstag's graphics yelled at me for a bit when I tried to use them, the filenames are a little squirrelly.  Here what I needed to do to make it work (40d13):
- In each raw/graphics/*.txt file, make sure the directory is civiforge and not mods.
- In each raw/graphics/*.txt file, make sure the extensions are bmp (unless you make pngs yourself).
- In raw/graphics/civiforge_creature_graphics.txt, make sure 'creature(s)' in the filename matches the graphics file (one had an s, the other didn't).

Other than that, it appears to be running now.  I'll let you know if anything else breaks.

Oops...silly me. I fixed them. Thanks for the head up about it. The file with the graphics is a mess as I frequently change names in them for reorganization when I add something.

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 18, 2009, 04:50:09 pm »

Posted here because I don't have an account on DFFD yet.

Undeadstag's graphics yelled at me for a bit when I tried to use them, the filenames are a little squirrelly.  Here what I needed to do to make it work (40d13):
- In each raw/graphics/*.txt file, make sure the directory is civiforge and not mods.
- In each raw/graphics/*.txt file, make sure the extensions are bmp (unless you make pngs yourself).
- In raw/graphics/civiforge_creature_graphics.txt, make sure 'creature(s)' in the filename matches the graphics file (one had an s, the other didn't).

Other than that, it appears to be running now.  I'll let you know if anything else breaks.

Sorry, i'm new to this, what does the first and last points mean? I'm trying to get Mike Mayday's graphics to work in d13. So far I've copied across the Graphics folder ( replacing the example.txt and example folder), the Art folder and all my init files from my previous working instillation of 40d11, taking from Mayday's site.

I launch the game and I just get a generic Windows error message saying that dwarffortress.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Is this d13 or the graphics that is causing a problem?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #291 on: July 18, 2009, 06:46:47 pm »

It's not the same error that I got when there were errors in the graphics files, so that's *probably* not the cause, but just to be sure:

At the top (third or forth line) of each text file in the raw/graphics directory there is a line something like this:
   [FILE:civiforge/civiforge_creature_graphics.bmp]
Make sure that line actually matches a graphics file (usually a subdirectory of raw/graphics, civiforge in this case).

Edit:
Also, I checked the file currently on DFFD and a fixed copy has been uploaded, so even less likely to be an issue.
Sorry I wasn't more help, but at least it's probably not this.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2009, 07:57:54 pm »

I would like to ask, how long does it take for a gaint beetle larvae to mature?
Hello Hunam

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2009, 09:03:18 pm »

Should only take a year.
Come play Mafia with us!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 20, 2009, 09:05:52 pm »

Great, because I set off with a breeding pair and wanted to know if it's effecient.
Hello Hunam

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2009, 09:05:59 pm »

I've now released a slightly harder version of the mod called Civilization Forge Unleashed. It turns the Dyansauri, Hobgoblins, and Frost Giants into vicious siegers instead of trading partners. Should be fun for all of you who enjoy Civ Forge with the Orc Mod!

Link is in the first post.
Come play Mafia with us!

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2009, 07:01:53 pm »

For the graphic pack, the icon for giant beetles (the domestic kind) is a little off. The bottom half of the tile is black and the top is just a portion of its feet and under-belly. It looks like the bottom half of a beetle is floating around  :-[. I was wondering if you know how to fix this or if it is a known bug (pun not intended... ok it was).

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2009, 08:02:16 pm »

I'm a little confused as to huw the different new materials rank against each other.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 05, 2009, 08:08:42 pm »

@madjoe5, I'm afraid I can't really help. While I appreciate that Undeadstag made a graphics pack, I don't personally use anything other then ascii so I don't know what the problem might be.

@Lord Shonus: If you look at the lists on the OP or on the wiki, you'll see that I give rough descriptions there for how good stuff is.

Generally speaking, though, Anything mixed with Levisium is lighter but weaker. Anything mixed with Mithril is slightly lighter and stronger, the Crystal materials are better depending on how many ingredients they have, and the elemental metals are usually really good at one thing (except for Glacium, which is just slightly worse then steel).

Did you have a specific material you were wondering about?
Come play Mafia with us!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 13, 2009, 11:36:58 am »

Royal bronze and bright silver, mainly.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31