Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79936 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #240 on: May 27, 2009, 11:24:06 pm »

I have no clue then, I just ran into a Forest Retreat with woodkin, who also drop items and have jobs. Then another with Marsh Walkers with the same problems. So a bunch of creatures are randomly being counted as civilizations and/or being absorbed into others? Hm, how do I get the game to you so you can see?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 28, 2009, 12:45:44 am »

Hmmm, best thing I can think of is to zip up the folder and stick it on the DFFD and send me the link.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 28, 2009, 12:59:08 am »

I got the slime civs too after piling on all sorts of mods.
I also had a few civs of lizards.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 28, 2009, 02:32:11 am »

Alright, sorry for taking so long. First I had real life, then attempting to upload the file on this slow computer. Here is the game version:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1055
 I want to note that I made a few random changes, such as removing tags from gold (from the other mod) to prevent it from being used as a crossbow, a pick, or a weapon. I also had to put back a couple things (pigs [I noted I have doubles], a spice).
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 28, 2009, 10:03:25 am »

No worries, I'll try to take a look at it tonight.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Necronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 28, 2009, 07:26:19 pm »

Great game again, really enjoying it. One comment and 2 questions.

Comment
Before I had mentioned that my miners kept switching from 2 hands back to 1, that had to do with me recruiting them. After I stopped that they stopped as well.

Questions
1) I am at peace with the goblins, is there a way to fix that that won't break save (also, they don't even trade so I can't even force a war). The violet xelics are a bitch though, very interesting enemy. Have about 4 of them caged and displayed on the front of my fortress. Eventually I wan't my whole fortress covered with cages filled with the enemy scum. Anyways, that leads me to question 2

2) The xelics are showing up as dressers. I am using the mayday graphics pack at the moment, so that's probably why. I remember someone else had made graphics for the extra races. I found it on DFDD, but there is no info on how to install it, anyone put that graphics pack in, and if so how (I got the impression its a partial graphics pack)?
www.haterade-gaming.com

Get your hate on.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 28, 2009, 07:30:08 pm »

Hmmm, I should really look into the graphics stuff and how to install things. Since I don't use graphics packs I really don't know the steps involved.

Does anyone who has integrated these graphics with another graphics want to write up a tutorial on it? I'd be happy to include that on the main post here and on the CivForge wiki.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2009, 10:23:43 am »

@Nivm: Ok, I didn't have much time to look at it last night, but I did find a few things while poking around. Looks like your raws are all messed up, with various things missing.

I tried to gen a new world, and got thousands of rejects even with no changes to the default settings for a Medium world. I had to allow all reject types just to get it to finish, so something is messed up in there. However, I did NOT see anything unusual in the population listings for that world.

I did walk around a little bit as an adventurer, and found a place full of Moghoppers. Vermin civilians apparently make things very strange. Since they didn't show up in the site population lists, I think the game is doing something odd after you show up.

My guess is that you've got some missing tokens and some duplicate tokens somewhere which is causing the problem. Any duplicate item/creature names (the actual name for the item, not the display name) will cause DF to do bizarre stuff like this. Basically you'll need to go though your raws and look for issues.

Here is the list of stuff I found in your error file after I tried to launch the game:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Those duplicate tags would be the first I'd look at. You'll need to make sure you don't have any dups like that if you want DF to work properly.
Come play Mafia with us!

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2009, 06:34:58 pm »

I eventually went with the PTTVG tileset so I didn't have levers in people's names and dressers marching around the map-

Now I don't see how I could go back to those tilesets with graphics :/
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2009, 02:28:55 am »

Hm? The copy of the game had a save to go with it I thought. And my world gen only rejected 8 maps. I am not sure what would have caused it to go into the thousands.

It appears to get unhappy when I remove something even before world generation. The duplicates come from the two mods having their own version of each creature, which I spotted during this conversation, but thought changing it would mess up my current world. (I am adverse to generating a new world as it takes leaving it on overnight for this computer.) The unrecognized metal and stone looks like all of the stuff I simply didn't add, so I don't know why it would be having errors. Do you know all of the places such things would be referenced?
 Crystal frost has now been fixed, it was supposed to appear in a rock I didn't want in the game. Hm, what do I do about the unrecognized entity tokens for NAME, TILE and COLOR?

Edit: I have now found everything but the NAME, TILE, and COLOR. I don't know how to handle these or where they come from.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:46:11 am by Nivm »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2009, 03:09:01 pm »

Hmm...not really sure where those would be coming from. I'll take a look for them when I get a chance.
Come play Mafia with us!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2009, 12:53:00 am »

I generated a new world, and I still have the same problems as before. Slimes, woodkin, and swamp walkers are all considered civilizations. So I am guessing it is the entity tokens that are the source of the problem. I took a look through the civilization files, remembing the SYMBOL tags, and didn't find anything.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2009, 10:53:42 am »

I think I found it.

In entity_default you have:

[ENTITY:GREATERTHAN4000DEGREESKELVIN]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:SPIRIT_OF_FIRE2]
   [NAME:fire fellow:fire fellows:fire fellow]
   [TILE:'&'][COLOR:6:0:1]

[DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP_SLAVE]

You've got some of you creature tokens mixed up with the entity tokens, and the game doesn't know what to do with them.
Come play Mafia with us!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 31, 2009, 11:08:32 am »

Ah, thank you. Sorry I missed it. That's everything, till next time I add mods that is. But then I'll probably be bothering someone else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2009, 12:25:02 pm »

Hehe. Well, have fun with everything!
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31