Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79937 times)

sgtalex86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2009, 03:09:57 pm »

can i quote that  ;D
(just downloaded if anything weird happens with mod ill let u know  :o)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2009, 04:10:19 pm »

Fine by me if you quote stuff.

Enjoy the mod!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2009, 02:06:58 am »

Awesome it is. Or was - he got Sand Raider'd in the neck. I think he must've got the knife from a kobold he was fighting, like wrestled it from him, or maybe it got stuck in him or something.
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2009, 09:24:23 pm »

I'm trying to modify some of the races in this mod (elves, silver Xelics) to accept items made of wood and or animal byproducts in trade but removing the "RESPECT_TREES" and "RESPECT_ANIMALS " Tokens doesn't seem to have any effect on them.  Is the wiki simply wrong about the effects produced by these tags?
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2009, 11:27:52 pm »

Go down to the Ethics section and change KILL_ANIMAL and KILL_PLANT to ACCEPTABLE
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2009, 04:23:39 pm »

Just a heads up, stone hand axes made from obsidian seem to be unusable atm. they each take up a full bin in my finished goods stockpile just saying "sharp blades". Tried forbidding my steel axes and my lumberjacks refused to work until i reclaimed them. soo.. no workie?

Edit:
er.. actually cancel that.. i think... i loaded my game up again and my soldiers rushed to the storage area to pick up their shiny new obsidian axes O_o thats... weird
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 04:25:23 pm by Sorcerer »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2009, 04:25:31 pm »

How odd. I know I've gotten my dwarves to use them in the past. I'll take a look at it.
Come play Mafia with us!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 27, 2009, 05:46:53 pm »

I started as Frost Giant adventurer, yet did not get any Dire weapons. Instead, I got a normal sized zinc hatchet. The civilization file shows that Frost Giants do use Dire weapons, so why don't I get any?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2009, 05:49:46 pm »

Wait...you got a Zinc hatchet? That shouldn't happen at all...

I'll try starting as a Frost Giant Adventurer a few times, see if I can figure out what might have caused it.
Come play Mafia with us!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2009, 06:11:29 pm »

Hm, the zinc part might have been from a misplaced weapon tag somewhere...which is now fixed. But I still don't get any dire weapons, it's always the normal ones.

Also, on the graphic sets; I am not annoyed by seeing letters for things (I use the sets to more quickly see what something is, it would take me a long time to memorize it otherwise), but I am annoyed when a Dyansauri is tiled as a chest. Walked into the half-blob half-dyansauri dark fortress and was amazed at a purple chest running full tilt at me. [l]ook dispelled the illusion, but it was still annoying. No, I don't know how to alter things like the graphic sets.

Most of the civilizations have a high population of blobs and slimes...who immediately drop a whole load of objects they don't have body parts to wear the instant the area is loaded. How did the slimes join up with a civilization?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 27, 2009, 06:15:35 pm »

Hmm. Never seen slimes as part of a Civ before. They should only show up in chasms and savage swamps. Nor have I ever seen them in the population breakdowns.

Do you have a weird install or something?
Come play Mafia with us!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 27, 2009, 09:04:16 pm »

I started with the Mayday version, then began piling every mod I wanted, one-by-one, manually. I made sure to match up and compare each file before pulling the things I wanted, however, I don't know why slimes would have trouble, considering they had their own file I didn't mess with. But there they are, mixed in with a number of the civilizations. I checked, and they have no civilization of their own, nor any tags that could have caused it. So I then looked into the civilization files of creatures that absorbed them, and still didn't find anything ab-normal. How are other civilizations normally absorbed by one another? Slaves? Stolen children? Is there any way a random slime could have been counted under the other civilization? (Then counted as a citizen, they even had jobs, but the ranger would have no hands to hold his crossbow and bolts, thus immediately losing them on load. There were many piles of class objects.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2009, 10:48:10 pm »

They really shouldn't be able to. They don't have any of the intelligence tags in my files. Without those, I can't see how they'd count as civilians.
Come play Mafia with us!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 27, 2009, 10:53:01 pm »

I use your mod for modding examples and I just wanted to say kudos on the good work. You don't seem to have any trouble finding converts for your mod!

More than I can say for mine at the moment  :(. You must share your secrets over a cold beer some time.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 27, 2009, 10:56:56 pm »

Well, having the mod linked in your sig seems to help. Plus, I'll talk about it where appropriate (I try not to spam, of course).

You can also try doing a community fort with your mod. That can help raise awareness.

And I'm glad you've found it useful!
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31