Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79918 times)

unclejam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2009, 09:06:37 pm »

Theres some bug with mattocks.  My miners put theirs down and now they are in an infinte loop of walking to their mattock, picking it up, placing it down, walking away, then walking back.

ok, I just read about setting them to two handed, hope this fixes it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:09:04 pm by unclejam »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2009, 12:37:51 pm »

I'm putting the finishing touches on my largest, longest lived, and best designed fort yet and I would have gotten bored with it long ago if I hadn't been using your mod--I get sieges from eight civs, all but one more powerful than the goblins.  Thanks dude!

vvvv Thanks!  vvvv
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:49:25 pm by nil »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2009, 12:39:41 pm »

Glad you like it!

And cool fort, btw.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2009, 07:47:55 pm »

I downloaded your mod a couple days before you made the patch it seems but didn't install it until yesterday. I wanted to take my last game a bit further before starting a new one with your mod. Anyhow, it's great so far, however, I just got some Silver Xelic traders and tried to trade them a wooden barrel and now they refuse to trade with me. Not sure if this is known as I didn't quite read through all of the posts in the thread but I didn't see it.

I get plenty of other traders so it isn't really a big issue for me. I love the rest of the additions you've made.
Urist McMother has given birth to hectoplets.
Urist McMother has bled to death.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2009, 07:57:47 pm »

Yeah, Silver Xelics are like Elves...except weirder, since they'll happily trade leather and meat to you, but not take anything that's wood/bone/leather/etc.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2009, 10:00:50 pm »

There any good maps? I'm kinda looking for the perfect map to get back into playing DF with this mod. I'm looking for magma pipe, HFS, lots of iron, river/underground river, trees, sand, and chasm or pit if ya can. Its like I'm finding seeds on random threads but they don't quite generate right since this is a mod xD. I'm on the 40d11 btw.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2009, 10:32:17 pm »

I had a good result with the Dwarf Heaven map. It worked out a little different, but still had pretty much everything but iron.
Come play Mafia with us!

Cal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2009, 09:25:56 am »

Yeah, Silver Xelics are like Elves...except weirder

Yeah, I did know they were meant to be like elves, just thought they'd trade wood stuff without getting cranky. They're back this summer though so I'll just have to keep it to leather and whatnot.
Urist McMother has given birth to hectoplets.
Urist McMother has bled to death.

FearoftheDomoKun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2009, 08:54:15 am »

I installed the mod on a unmodded d11 DF with mike maydays tileset, and i get the strangest bug. I can't seem to build magma forges or magma furnaces, even though i have a magma pipe! They're not in the list when i go b->w or b->e! Help?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2009, 09:29:36 am »

That's a new one. Um...did you use the Reveal tool? Because that the only thing I know of that causes that particular problem.
Come play Mafia with us!

FearoftheDomoKun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2009, 10:15:08 am »

Oooh, that might be it actually. Anything i can do to fix it?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2009, 10:18:17 am »

Not that I know of. I've never used Reveal, though, so I don't know for sure. Most of the time when I read about people using it they talk about going to the site, using the tool to show them where everything is, and then regenning the world from that seed and using a non-revealed copy of the map.

But you should probably ask around about this issue and Reveal, just to see what the official word is.
Come play Mafia with us!

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2009, 12:27:24 pm »

Good afternoon.

Reveal is a valuable tool, but it DOES cause problems that the user must be aware of going in.

Problem 1: Reveal, by preventing the "discovery" of your magma well/pipe, prevents you from building magma forges/smelters/etc.

Problem 2: If you reveal a map containing an underground river/pool, you will never get the spores necessary to have tower caps and such grow underground.

Problem 3: HFS. If you know what I'm talking about, great. If not, take a peek at the wiki. The important thing to know is that reveal breaks HFS too.

Problem 4: Revealing the map provides more "known" resources for your moody dwarves to demand. They'll pine for that ONE faint yellow diamond down 16 levels below ground.

Problems 1, 2 and 3 are caused by reveal bypassing the "discovery" mechanism. Interestingly, if you have a visible magma source, it starts "discovered" and the bit that allows magma constructions gets set properly at embark. But revealing does NOT do so. That's why the "enable magma buildings" tool was created.

The good news is, you can work around this quite easily.

Purist method: Copy your savegame to a different slot, and reveal THAT game, not your primary. From there, you can easily determine where you have to dig to discover your magma, river, iron, whatever. As long as you never reveal your ACTIVE game, you can't mess anything up.

Drifted snow method: Start your game. Copy your save, and reveal the copy just enough to find all your key underground resources, ie magma, rivers, etc. THEN, dig in your active game until you've discovered all of these resources. This will properly set all the necessary bits, and then you're free to reveal your primary game if you like. Just make sure you discover everything relevant first - INCLUDING HFS.

It's a useful tool as long as you understand the consequences of using it. However, once revealed, there is no way (that I've ever seen) of UN-revealing a map, short of reverting to a pre-reveal savegame.

Rochndil, who has been known to drift now and then...
Build an Elf a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Drown an Elf in magma, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2009, 08:49:11 pm »

tweak is a very useful tool as well. You can enable magma buildings in it and reveal stuff which is obviously useful, and your able to change tiles and heal to.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2009, 05:19:56 pm »

Dtil has an un-reveal feature.
I didn't look really thoroughly but the option I did check only hides walls without anything open next to them- you'll still see underground features you haven't mined into yet.
There might be options for hiding specific areas.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31