Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79914 times)

besieger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2009, 07:22:45 pm »

I had to register because i couldn't find a solution to my problem:
Every time i try to play this mod I get the following problem:
Unrecognized Sphere Token: AIR
Unrecognized Sphere Token: RIVER
Unrecognized Sphere Token: PLANT

Then the game crashes. I removed every other mod and generated 4 new worlds and still the problem persists.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2009, 07:36:06 pm »

Huh, now that's odd. Haven't seen that issue before.

Quick test: Do a clean install of DF into another directory and unzip the CivForge files into it. Then see if you get the same issue.

The problem looks like you're missing something with the Sphere list, but the Mod doesn't do anything that should effect that. In fact, if I remember correctly that's supposed to be hard-coded into the game. So I'm guessing you've got something corrupted somewhere.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

besieger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2009, 08:59:20 am »

Thanks a lot.
Somehow my download got corrupted.

Now everything works great.
But i have a new problem:
Every sieging race comes on ice drakes, even goblins.
The problem is, they move incredibly slow, meaning they will sit around on the edge of the map for around a year and then disappear.
Its either a problem with the new races, since bugbears without ice drakes didn't move but goblins without them did move or something is messed up again.

I appreciate your help (and your mod :D)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2009, 09:49:27 am »

Yeah, that's a known bug. I need to remove the Mount tag from Ice Drakes. Apparently flying mounts don't work so well.

I'll see about getting a patched version up this morning.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

besieger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2009, 10:02:15 am »

Can i play my current game with your patch, or do i need to generate a new world?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2009, 10:04:33 am »

I think the patch will fix it, but I'm not 100% sure. My tests didn't have any more enemies show up on Ice Drakes, but I've only had a few sieges since that fix was put into place.

Worst case scenario you can remove the FLYING tag from the Ice Drakes. That I know doesn't need a world regen.

-- Ok, Patched version is up on DFFD (The link in the OP will take you to it).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:13:29 am by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2009, 10:34:35 am »

So rename them? It works I guess... I just wonder what Id rename some of them too... Like what the world do I rename the High Elf into?

Eladrin, obviously.

besieger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2009, 02:10:25 pm »

Ok
now i have another problem:
"nemesis unit load failed"
It pops up as a fatal error window instead of writing something in the errorlog.
In case you need the errorlog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I already tried it with and without the update, with and without the flier tag all several times.
Tried to give different orders but nothing seems to work...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2009, 02:14:28 pm »

Hmmm...that's strange. You seem to be finding all sorts of interesting errors.

Does it do this with a new world? Or just a patched one?

Also, do you have any other mods?
Come play Mafia with us!

besieger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2009, 02:54:50 pm »

hehe yeah it seems i always run into problems with total conversions :D
I have no other mods installed, the world is generated with 1.8 not 1.81 and i did not change anything at all(mod and df vanilla are both freshly downloaded ones)
btw i let that game running for a while and i used dwarf manager and tweak (reveal, adjust start and enable magma building have been activated)

The errorlog outputs so many loop_path commander entries because of an odd behavior when squads try to stick together(commander and soldier were separated by a wall)

Neither the wiki nor the forum search bring up any good results when searching for nemesis.
Can you explain what these are?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2009, 02:58:58 pm »

I'm really not sure.

Maybe it's trying to siege you with a Commander riding an Ice Drake, and they're no longer a valid Mount so it's erroring out?

Try genning a new world with 1.81, see if you get the error there.

I'll see if I can run some more tests on my patched fortress tonight. Maybe I can duplicate the error.
Come play Mafia with us!

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2009, 11:10:56 pm »

Sorry for the necro, but is it known that Wasp pets will try to store items in stockpiles, but will stop because they are "too injured"? They also blink yellow at all times, as if they are injured. It might be because their only body parts are their wings and a stinger (which is a PAIN in Adventure Mode).

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2009, 12:10:31 am »

What version of CivForge are you using?
Come play Mafia with us!

nicholasneko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2009, 08:44:20 am »

Sorry for the necro, but is it known that Wasp pets will try to store items in stockpiles, but will stop because they are "too injured"? They also blink yellow at all times, as if they are injured. It might be because their only body parts are their wings and a stinger (which is a PAIN in Adventure Mode).

that is fixed by adding the "CAT_MOUTH" to them, or making a wasp mouth with the same code. sadly i can't remember what the code is but its elsewhere in the forum.

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2009, 12:24:38 pm »

I think the wasp thing was because I was using an older version of Civ Forge. I'll try the fix if it isn't right.

But another problem. Not really a problem with the mod, but more so a technical problem. Since I use the Mayday graphics pack, I use the graphics pack for this (which is really nice, by the way). But every time I install it, the font gets messed up with houses, berries and levers, the turtles turn into gems, and vermin lose their graphics tile. Is there anyway to fix this without a complete re-install of the Mayday graphics pack? It was already a pain to get it working with 40d11, but it still do-able.

I think the font problem is just due to the lack of text/tile separation, so it's not as big a deal. just the vermin thing. Does anyone know why this happens?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31