Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79874 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 06:32:00 am »

Either "great minds think alike" or something, but I've got infusion metals as well... only I infuse them with rare valuable gems instead of special gems.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 09:59:00 am »

Thanks Warmist! Not sure how that's slipped past me, but I've corrected it now.

I should have my new version up some time in the next few days.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 11:08:00 am »

It's more like "great minds work alike", Sean (though I don't see anything great in modding text files; it can be nice if the modder had creativity like you but not "great"   :)). It's more probably that he just figured it out by himself, because it's not a discovery of the wheel (and considering how small can we mod in DF it's predictable).

[ May 11, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

C0nscript

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 01:40:00 pm »

This sounds awesome simply because the sheer amount of different races that will siege you. My forts will never be boring again!

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 02:41:00 pm »

The game is hardcoded to select only one race to siege you. Sorry to rain on your parade. Toady plans to fix this, but has not currently done so.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 02:59:00 pm »

Actually, the game is hardcoded to have only one race to "spontaneously" siege you. You can get peaceful races to siege (or ambush) by worsening trade relations.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

C0nscript

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »

):

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 05:03:00 pm »

Don't worry C0nscript, Toady's workin on it.  along with a HUGE laundry list of other goodies.  ;)  Peace and rest easy man, just finetune your killzones and pray you can hold out when the flood comes
Demon of Darkness

C0nscript

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 05:08:00 pm »

Wait, flood?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 07:51:00 pm »

Things will be more exciting when the Army Arc is done.

On the other hand, my Mod does let you have some more exciting sieges then the normal game does. If you have Dyansaurai as your enemy, they'll start sieging as soon as they find you. I've had them attack in the first winter while I still had 7 dwarves.

Or, you could go for the Frost Giants, who wait a little longer to siege but come at you with building destroying capabilities and the ability to give and receive large amounts of damage.

I'm currently seeing if I get the zephyrs to seige you if they steal enough stuff.

I'm also seeing if I can get the Bugbears to steal items as well as children and siege you. Need to do some more testing before I'll know, though.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 06:33:00 pm »

Current items added:
 Bugbears now steal items. Still testing to see if they also snatch babies. I'm also playing around with having them run off with items and drink booze while they're attacking. We'll see how that goes.

Added in Dinosaurs, jellyfish, flying jellyfish, and oozes.

Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »

Almost to the point where I can do the next release. I still need to test a few creatures, but things are going pretty well so far.

Hopefully I'll get the next release up in the next day or two.

Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 04:05:00 pm »

Ok, things seem to be working pretty well.

So, version 1.2 is now up and ready! I've edited the OP to list the current changes.

Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 11:43:04 am »

Haven't done much with this in a while, since I've been stuck trying to get some treant-like creatures to work in the game. Can't get them to spawn for some reason. *shrug*

Anyway, I was curious to see if anyone had any requests for the next version of DF. I'm in sort of the planning stages, based off of what Toady has said, and if anyone has things they'd like to see I'm willing to consider them.

Also, any bugs to report? I found a few small spelling errors recently, which will be fixed in the next version.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 03:10:27 am »

There's not a lot left to add. Vermin? Trees? More plants? (and better balance, like making Plump Helmets non-brewable, so people diversify their farms.)

Here's an idea: give each civ some items only that civ has, so dwarves have to get those items via trading (or killing, whatever) Sorta like bows and arrows in vanilla, only for trap components, all weapons, clothes, armor, and everything else. It might also help to severly limit where each civ can go, so you get the Frost Giants in the tundras using special tundra plants, desert people being the sole users of saguaros, and maybe something silly, like an ocean civ.

Not that it matters, when Toady finishes up sometime next month, you'll have to basically redo each civ and edit the creature raws anyways.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31