Poll

How do you use this mod?

This is how I play Dwarf Fortress!
I use pieces of it
I use it for modding examples
I don't, I was just curious
Other

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Civilization Forge Mod  (Read 79907 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Forge Mod
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2009, 11:45:37 pm »

Same here, with the exception of the hobgoblins--I'm getting a pink mask around them.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2009, 10:31:34 pm »

Been getting some strange behavior from invaders.  Occationally, a squad of seigers or ambushers will turn on its leader if it of another race.  What's interesting to me is that they don't always do it; sometimes everything goes normally.  I've seen this so far with sand raiders, bugbears, and violet xelics attacking humans, dwarves and hobgoblins.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2009, 10:49:20 pm »

That is odd. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Anyone else getting this behavior?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Arvidsem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2009, 11:04:21 am »

Sand Raiders, Bug Bears, and Violet Xelics all have [BABYSNATCHER], so during worldgen they kidnap other races children and raise them as their own. Those kids sometimes rise high in the ranks of their adopted civ. It happens with goblins in vanilla DF quite a lot as well.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2009, 11:08:44 am »

Yes, but from what it sounds like he's saying that they have these leaders of other races...and then attack them. Which I've never seen. Although that kind of infighting would be interesting to watch. Especially if it was a Frost Giant leader!

Having leaders of other races is very common. Especially in older worlds, where the baby snatching races have often died out and left their culture to the snatched.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Arvidsem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2009, 11:48:43 am »

Woops. So he did.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2009, 01:44:04 pm »

Yes, but from what it sounds like he's saying that they have these leaders of other races...and then attack them. Which I've never seen. Although that kind of infighting would be interesting to watch. Especially if it was a Frost Giant leader!
Yeah this is what's happening, sorry if I wasn't clear.

And you're right, it's actually sorta cool--as if they'd been waiting their time all these years, then finally turned on their masters as soon as they were in sight of a friendly fortress.

BirdoPrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2009, 05:26:32 pm »

Mein Gott, elementals are hardcore! The earth elemental that showed up took 4 champion hammerdwarves a ridiculously long time to kill, and this water elemental that just showed up essentially took out my whole fortress!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2009, 10:26:02 am »

Yeah, I wanted to add in some more challenging Megabeasts. It's always disappointing to see a Hydra or Titan show up only to die to a few marksdwarves before they do more than knock over a few statuess.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2009, 06:31:00 pm »

It's a bug with the game. If you're in a freezing biome, or a cold/temperate one when there is snow on the ground, the pets all die in their cages as soon as the caravan spawns. Happens in Vanilla DF too. I've even had Polar Bears show up dead.

It sucks, and all you can do is restrict your ordering of pets to whatever warm season you have. Often just summer.

Hopefully Toady will fix that with the next version.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2009, 10:32:40 am »

Version 1.8 is up. It includes some of the new stuff I added in to the Frost Giant Citidel variant, plus a few minor tweaks to the game in general.

Come play Mafia with us!

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2009, 11:03:53 am »

Greetings!

I'm using most of your CF mod in my game, but I wanted to point out a small error. The Dyansauri creature entry has the [INTELLIGENT] tag, which allows them to make peace (because they can speak). I've had them as traders in just about every game so far, instead of hostiles. I think you really meant to give them [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_CIV] which offers all the sophistication without the ability to speak, and thus, make peace.

Rochndil, who did yet another MMO test run last night...
Build an Elf a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Drown an Elf in magma, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2009, 12:06:38 pm »

Yeah, the Dyansauri, Hobgoblins, and Frost Giants are all supposed to be hostile. But I discovered that having them constantly fighting with you plus all the baby-snatchers was a bit much. So they're not set to be completely hostile right now.

I'm hoping later versions of DF will make them more warlike without being completely insane.
Come play Mafia with us!

diriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2009, 02:29:07 pm »

Couple things that I have noticed, Tooooo many trading partners (gets downright distracting), and yeah for a while there I agree the baby snatching literally constant action incoming was a bit much. still really  liking this mod. Kinda wish truesilver was a *Little_Bit* more common, as finding even a little bit on a map can be of a process. Hmm I wonder if making truesilver's appearance frequency roughly parallel HFS would be possible?
I do have a future request though: How about substituting in some Dark Dwarves, and Dark Elves that could be played? My cousin even asked about the Dark race's having implements of torture modded in. I would think renaming some cage traps, and adding in some things like barbed flails for torture ect?
I have of course been playing around with a few other mods, but so far i keep coming back to CF. I just thought I wold post my thoughts / requests here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2009, 04:01:44 pm »

Yeah, the sheer number of trading partners can be a bit much if you've got EVERY race in contact with you. Of course, it also means that you can pretty much ignore a lot of them and trade whenever you're ready, since you're not so dependent on any one season for trade. This also helps out a lot when you start getting a lot of sieges later on, as you have a much higher chance of getting some trade done each year.

For the Dark Races, I'm not opposed to it. I might make the Chaos Dwarves playable at some point, assuming I get a chance. The only issue with torture is that the game doesn't really have any way to handle it in fortress mode. I can make the civ ok with it easily enough, it just won't have much to due with the torture devices. Still, I'll see about throwing some of that in with the Chaos dwarves whenever their turn comes up to be made playable.

Dark Elves might show up after the next version. I'm planning on having a much wider array of possible races, and I'll just let players choose which ones they want to have active in the raws.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31