Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [LEADER_TYPE: ] and [SITE_LEADER_TYPE: ]  (Read 1074 times)

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[LEADER_TYPE: ] and [SITE_LEADER_TYPE: ]
« on: June 09, 2008, 12:00:00 am »

How does the [LEADER_TYPE: ] and [SITE_LEADER_TYPE: ] tokens work and how do the different professions affect the game and the leader?
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [LEADER_TYPE: ] and [SITE_LEADER_TYPE: ]
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:41:00 am »

*sigh*

Here and here should be enough to answer your questions. As far as I know, there's nothing that complex about it - just forcing the leader of a site or civilisation to be certain profession, really. I don't know if it has any bearing or influence on Fortress Mode and electing a Mayor or anything. I assume it doesn't.

Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Ramirez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:12:00 am »

Does anyone know the actual skills that get given to military professions? Is it simply untagged skill for normal leaders and great for their master varieties? And what skills do champions come with or does it depend on what weapon they are assigned (if they are assigned a weapon at all). The wiki doesn't contain a lot of info past their names.

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 05:31:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Dasleah:
<STRONG>*sigh*

Here and here should be enough to answer your questions. As far as I know, there's nothing that complex about it - just forcing the leader of a site or civilisation to be certain profession, really. I don't know if it has any bearing or influence on Fortress Mode and electing a Mayor or anything. I assume it doesn't.</STRONG>

h
Yea I checked that.  No I did not think it was enough to answer my question.  Interesting you do clarify it a bit though.  So if I set the token like this  [LEADER_TYPE:CHAMPION] what skills would the leader of the civilization have?
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:02:00 am »

There's a rather simple answer - as far as anything gameplay-worthy is concerned, they don't. In adventure mode, you will see site leaders and civ leaders and talk to them, but their skill layout (or rather the skill values) is the same, only the main weapon skill changes, and of course the weapon the guy comes with.

If you set CAN_HAVE_MILITARY_LEADER or SITE_LEADER, then an appropriate weapon user or weaponmaster will be chosen at random for the position.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India