Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Playground! Works with .38c  (Read 3985 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Dwarf Playground! Works with .38c
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:04:00 am »

Well, here it is.  I'm sure you've all been wondering what exactly it is that's been keeping me so "busy", and now it's reached a point of development where I feel I can release it.

Behold, Dwarf Playground!

This is the utility to end all utilities.  Well, maybe not all of them, since there's a lot of functionality from the others that I left out in this one.  But here's what this one offers:

- Rewalling.  No, it doesn't affect the construction of dwarf-made walls, it's basically a 3D version of the old rewaller.  Pick the mineral of your choice, hover the loo[k] pointer over where you want the wall, and let 'er rip!  Note:  There's currently a little bugginess if you try to place it in open air at the top z-level of the sky.  I think it's trying to hang on to the "ceiling" or something, but I'm not sure.  You can still drop "rockbombs" by placing a tile or two (or three) in the air, just don't do it at the top.

- Spawning.  Yes folks, that's right.  Feel the need for a GCS in the middle of that river?  Would you like a herd of cows on that mountaintop?  Care to crispy-fry a goblin war party with a dragon (note: megabeasts won't work like normal ones.  They don't produce a message, and don't have a name)?  Find the tile you want with loo[k] (again), and blow 'em away!  

- Tagalog.  Modify major tags on the fly.  It's basically just a more powerful (and better documented, if I do say so myself) version of Dwarf Companion's tag-modding.  Goblins caught you by surprise?  Give the blighters a good webbing and then toast them with dwarven firebreath!   (you might wanna give them some heat tags to prevent them from burning themselves along with the rest of the stuff).

- BBG.  "Bucket Brigade of the Gods".  Fluid-spawner.  Again, as with the others, loo[k] is the targeting command it's loo[k]ing for.  Please note that any water spawned on a saltwater map will be saltwater and not freshwater.  It's just the way the game works right now, and I'm trying to fix it.  Magma-filling is a bit buggy if the map you're on doesn't have naturally occuring magma, you may want to snatch up Rick's wonderful magma-building enabler.  Water + Magma encasing works, but you have to be careful with it.  Let the water settle first and then add the magma above it, otherwise it'll just wipe the water and you'll just have magma.

- Blammo.  This is a beauty.  It's all you'll ever need to satisfy your bloodthrisy needs.  It is an advanced damaging utility.  I had to play around with spawning "ghost attackers" for a bit, but I finally found a way that cleaned it up.  Now, we all know about how DC can hurt stuff, but not like this.  You can give a critter a 'blast', with custom direction and force (use [v] to target this utility, by the way), which will send the creature flying away as if they'd just been hit by an adamantine hammer or something.  Lower force values will just be a nudge, the higher ones can cause explosive results...

Blasting won't cause any damage by itself, it's only the stuff that happens to the creature when it lands that hurts it.  Even a simple nudge can push someone over a 20-z cliff or down into a chasm, but it's usually more fun to splatter someone against a tree.  Especially antmen and other critters that have a high number of parts.  Plus, ichor just looks cool.

Blammo also has some other things, like lopping off limbs (need a one-eyed dwarf, but don't want to risk his death?  Cause it to fall from its socket!  Still hurts like a bastard though...) and setting creatures on fire (works with temperature off in the init.txt).  Just play around with it for a bit, you'll find out what all it can do.

- Bombardier.  I kept this separate from the others just so I could give it a cool name.  What it does is creates a barrel of booze (I think it defaults to sewer brew or something, in an alder barrel) and then sets it on fire.  Since fire is separate from temperature in other aspects of DF, it will work with temperature off (the explosion won't be as damaging though, since that is temperature).  I love this little cutie.  Booze-bombs away!

This is all set up, packaged, tied with a bow.txt and sealed with a kiss.  Just extract the DwarfP.rar, and run the installation executable (ignore the ads.  Goddamn "free" software).  You can kiss my toes later.

Linky: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=43

Cheers,
-Kagus

EDIT:  Fixed faulty link.  What a way to start off something...

[ April 01, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Playground! Works with .38c
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 03:33:00 am »

I think I just had a goregasm.  That sounds so delicious!  Especially the Booze bombs... hehe, wonder if you can turn them into catapult ammo.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 03:52:00 am »

Check the date.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 04:01:00 am »

Oh, be quiet you.  I downloaded it, and it was friggin sweet!

Was fun watch my dwarfs go flying.

Katawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 04:43:00 am »

After trying it for a few minutes I can say for certain I'm fucking staying up for 48 hours of straight DF just to screw around with this thing!
att has been attacked by a dead and still annoying acquaintance lately.

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
    • Bay Watcher Arena V2.0!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 09:50:00 am »

Will it work in adventure mode?  It would be very useful for testing critical hit locations by simply destroying them, without getting hit everywhere else too by the weaponmaster I find.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 09:57:00 am »

Well, you can try it.  It's mostly used for fortress mode though, and so it's coded more towards that.  You'll probably run into a few crashes, but it's always worth a shot.  Adventure mode just runs a little bit differently than fort-mode, and I haven't been paying any attention to it.  I have no idea how it'd work/not work.

And, while I'm at it, Happy Pagan New Year!

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 10:43:00 am »

lol april fools you ass -.- funny though

[ April 01, 2008: Message edited by: jurassiced ]

POKHOMME http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=84 Race mod im working on.

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 11:47:00 am »

Your link points to a dead page, and the url itself points to the Simplicity Mod.

:mad:

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 11:59:00 am »

Works for me?

Also, I found a bug.  If you blammo something chained up, it crashes the game.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Puzzlemaker:
<STRONG>Works for me?

Also, I found a bug.  If you blammo something chained up, it crashes the game.</STRONG>

Please host it somewhere else for me, I can only get to that bad link.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 12:17:00 pm »

Hi!

Sorry about spoiling the fun, but I think this has gone far enough.

Apache1990: Please consider the following:

1. Today is that most wretched day, April 1st.

2. Kagus provided a link declared to be a different link. There are only two instances where I would expect a person to do something like that: phishing or ... see 1. (Actually, there is a third use for this when dealing with archives like the internet archive).

I hope this answers your question.

Deathworks

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »

Well, then make it for me.  At least something I can use to damage stuff in a specific way.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 01:22:00 pm »

What?  Dammit, I screwed up the link.  Sorry guys, that's what you get for forgetting what you have in the ctrl-v copy buffer...  Heh, and I thought the simplicity mod had a bad sendoff.

Should be working now.  And those of you who pretended to download/install working versions, shame on you.  I know it's April 1st and all that, but really...  No sense in being misleading like that.

Pages: [1] 2 3