Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: how to stop  (Read 2185 times)

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how to stop
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 05:03:00 pm »

You have to base your time-to-bump on the general activity level of the forum. The modding forum is pretty danged slow, so you should be waiting more like a couple of days without getting a response before you bump. Remember, your goal is not just to get an answer to your question; it's to play nice with the community, and people (nice people, not just GreyMario) get annoyed when threads get bumped pointlessly.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 07:56:00 pm »

Now if he'd bumped a hundred threads like this?  I could seriously understand that kind of reaction.

There's really no way to mod the game for this, BTW, all the pertinent code is not in the .txt files.  But you can get rid of them with adventurers.

Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »

I wish to partake in this tom-foolery.

quote:
Originally posted by Cavalcadeofcats:
<STRONG>Of course. There's no need for arm wrestling.

THUMB WAR!</STRONG>

HAVE AT THEE!

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 11:58:00 pm »

(victory)
Pages: 1 [2]