Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unofficial Expansion pack  (Read 3071 times)

Raneman25

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • http://spam.com
Unofficial Expansion pack
« on: May 18, 2008, 07:09:00 pm »

I just thought I was like to make an expansion pack with the community,adding more races and stuff.

Althis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • http://none
Re: Unofficial Expansion pack
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 07:14:00 pm »

that would be really cool. What someone SHOULD do, is compile all the mods currently out there and distribute that. Or have a page containing all mods, so you can filter through them and see which ones you want. That would be cool. Or if you could select pieces and parts.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 12:29:00 pm »

There's the Martial Arts mod, it adds a load of animals, moves and animals to the basic DF. And then there's the Modpack, wherein you find an alchemy mod, Animal packs, Megabeast values, Real stone weapons, Body armor tweak, Naked Enemies, Rock salt mod, Detailed bodies, Fanciful creatures, Additional creatures, Economic stones and Threats mods.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 01:28:00 pm »

I'm also working on a universal mod manager called Mod Base, though right now it's mostly just a name for the compilation of both my mods.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 04:46:00 pm »

You're welcome to grab bits and pieces of my Civilization Forge mod if you do end up making something like this. Just give me credit.   :D
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »

Isn't there already a "All in one" expansion of some sorts?

Though I guess if you made your larger then the current content megapack it would be more interesting.

My problem with the Martial Arts mod (the reason I never got it) is apperantly it had content I NEVER want to see in the game... ever... (Why is there deadly Rape in the Martial arts mod? And why do people find it funny?)

Actually... The Martial Arts mod is why I didn't download the current content megapack.

I guess I could mod it out myself... but that is a lot of work and I have no idea where to look.

One problem your going to find is that civilisations compete quite harshly... So you very well could end up without even the base civilisations.

quote:
I'm also working on a universal mod manager called Mod Base

Please finish this soon... I would really love to add all my favorite mods together without practically becoming a programmer myself.

A Tileset manager of some sort would be good too so I can easily add a tileset for the modded creatures or use already existing symbols for them.

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Neonivek ]

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 07:06:00 pm »

I think you guys should wait till after the next release  :)
There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 09:35:00 pm »

Hehe, my mod was mentioned. I feel happy.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 10:30:00 pm »

You may use my toy mod if you wish since it is never mentioned.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 10:37:00 pm »

I guess it makes sense for everyone to wait until the next release... since it is going to be out at max June (Unless something Tragic will happen) which means you will have to massively update your all together expansion

kamikazemoose

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 04:09:00 am »

Maybe, but I don't see some things changing with the next release. I mean it's mainly about the civilizations right? so adding other stuff before the release shouldn't be much of a problem.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »

Neonivek: People find it funny because it's not a rape attack, it's a hump attack. The worst it could turn would probably be "The goblin humps you in the lower body from behind! It is pierced! Your liver is badly pierced! You feel light-headed!", and it's deactivated in the last version anyway.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »

quote:
and it's deactivated in the last version anyway.

Goblin-rapers were funny. I'd like to see how do they do it with a full-armoured platemail-wearing dwarf... They should have their hump made of adamantine =).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »

"The shot glances away"

Poil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 05:08:00 pm »

Sounds like a perfect use for all those menacing spikes dwarves love to stick on everything.
[DEMONLORD]
Pages: [1] 2