Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Glass Beds Mod Finished. Glass Mod version 1.2 Ideas ar  (Read 4414 times)

Dragromblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Glass Beds Mod Finished. Glass Mod version 1.2 Ideas ar
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 02:53:00 am »

Major update.
added metal glass
added training weapons made from silver glass where green silver glass does more damage than crystal silver glass
added magic weapons
added colored glass
Most of the files just have to be added to the raws, but in the readme I put some code that needs to be copied and pasted to the origianl files. This way I won't be overwriting any exsisting files.

I left the glass beds mod alone, so if you want to use just the beds you still have to do all of the copying and pasting.

Please comment on how my mod is doing, and if it isn't doing good, please say what I can do to improve it.
Comments are extreamly appreciated on my story which explained the glass magic weapons. I wrote it because these magic weapons in their full glory are not easy to get, so I thought it approprate to give a little history on them. Please let me know how well I did.

[ May 03, 2008: Message edited by: Dragromblue ]

A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=000642">Glass Bed Mod, perfect for those desert maps where wood can be difficult to get.
Glass goodies abound, so now you can download my Glass Mod to get a complete co

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 03:33:00 am »

The second link appears to be a bit off: http://nhttp//dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=151

try http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=151  instead

Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

Dragromblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 06:06:00 pm »

Thanks. I changed the url, and it now works properly.
A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=000642">Glass Bed Mod, perfect for those desert maps where wood can be difficult to get.

Boethiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 12:39:00 am »

Good idea, im about to download the glass bed mod now, also you may want to run a spellchecker through that code of dwarven history.
quot;AHA!" Kodor cried, and opened the cabinet. Some crumpets fell out. The whole thing was stuffed full of them.

"Crumpets!" shouted the Captain in glee.

Hobo Symbols!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 03:11:00 am »

I got a suggestion for the future which I am going to say without downloading the mod (saying that incase it is already in)

PLEASE don't add other colors of glass like magic... requiring nothing to turn them that color.

Green Glass isn't a colored glass... it is LIKE (I am not a scientist) a REALLY cheap glass... not glass that has been colored.

Alright now for a real suggestion

Can you extend glass objects to Gems? Emerald Beds sounds great for my leige.

Dragromblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 09:15:00 am »

Thank you for suggesting to me to use a spell checker. I found out that I mispelled a few words to many...

I thought I had put in a requirement for colored glass to require an additional thing, but it appears I missed it. Anyways, they are mostly for asthetics, so they are supposed to be cheap.

Gems would be nice, but there is quite a few gems. I couldn't decide which ones to use and which ones not to use, so I haven't added them. Which ones would you like to see used?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »

"Which ones would you like to see used?"

Is there a strong reason to why all the gemstones available cannot be used?

Dragromblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 09:15:00 pm »

No, other than it would be tedious and it could clog up the smelter screen, depending on how it is handled. Thus, I wanted to know which ones I needed to start with and work my way from there, testing to make sure everything works correctly.

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 10:07:00 am »

I made something similar in the past, but the person above is right: it can be all too easy to clutter up the smelter screen.  I had two pages of 'make green glass bed' and 'make green glass bin' and 'make green glass barrel', and then 'make clear glass bed' and so forth.  It was a nightmare to try to read, let alone chose an option.  Furthermore, the skill that governs smelter use (I forget what it is specifically) now accounted for everything made, which was annoying.  Your way, to just convert to logs and to a thread plant and such, is MUCH streamlined, and lacks the skill problem!  Kudos on the wonderful mod!

Dragromblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 01:38:00 pm »

Thank you. Unforchently I could not change the value of logs, so I had to stick with just the one green glass one. The furnace oprater still has to make all of the higher beds.  
As for threads, I have something planned for them in the future, but right now I only have the green glass one.
To prevent clutter what I did was to make the beds require strong glass, but to make weapons, it would require weapons grade glass, which only takes a little more stuff to make. As for the magic, it requires a catalist which has to be bought from traders. Colored glass also requires a catalist from traders.  This way if you want to make beds, but not colored glass, just don't by the catalist for colored glass, and you won't have the colored glass reactions cluttering up the menu.
If I do gem beds requiring gems instead of glass, that will create alot of clutter, should you just purchase a bunch of gems from the trader, but want to build a glass bed. If I knew which gems were wanted most, I could start from there and find a way to complete all of them without cluttering up the menu.
Just to let you know, you can make glass bins, barrels, ect through the glass furnace. No beds though, so I had to mod those in.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 01:49:00 pm »

Any chance of adding glass barrels and bins?  Someone made a reaction for glass barrels a while back, but digging it up would be tedious work...

Dragromblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 02:11:00 pm »

Glass barrels and bins will be included in the next update. I just relized that they couldn't be consturcted with raw glass. Just a bunch of other stuff.

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 04:01:00 pm »

The value didn't matter to me: the ability to have everything made of glass did ^.^  I hope you'll forgive me, but I deleted my own mod from my computer and made a makeshift one of my own.

Oh, and you can make barrels and bins at the smelter out of raw glass.  I tend to make the reactions use glass blocks, since I imagine the 'raw glass' I always pictured to be small, gem-like even ^.^  But here is my barrel made from one raw green glass... that's how 'raw green glass' is referred to for use as a reagent.

[REACTION:BARREL_GLASS_GREEN]
[NAME:make green glass barrel]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:1:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GLASS_GREEN:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BARREL:NO_SUBTYPE:GLASS_GREEN:NO_MATGLOSS]
[FUEL]

Unless.... I am misinterpreting the comment, in which case I apologize.

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 01:04:00 am »

Uhh, Pickerel...shouldn't that be [REAGENT:1:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:GLASS_GREEN:NO_MATGLOSS] instead?

Although, this does give me an idea to add on to the deblocker mod. If we can make rough glass stones from the blocks of glass, a more completely glass glass fortress would be possible. And I could make sure that glass mechanisms won't melt in magma.

Excuse me, I've got some testing to do...

Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 01:26:00 am »

"ROUGH" points to a rough gem.  In this case, raw green glass.  "STONE" is what points to rough stone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4