Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: ••• Utilii Stillarii ••  (Read 5164 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ••• Utilii Stillarii ••
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 03:15:00 am »

P.S. Earthquake Damage, sorry I didn't notice you gave me a link to the wikipedia =).

Wow, these swords really existed and are the things I imagined when crafted obsidial SS in DF. It's cool to know they really existed =). Thank you, I'll bring them back.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 04:00:00 am »

I'll look through your mod and see if I can devise a solution.

And I'm also looking forward to bugfixing my mod, I haven't played DF properly since I don't remember when.  :)

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 10:33:00 am »

Well since I don't use no-stone shortswords now, I think I will work on turning this mod into something modular (putting stuff in different txt files rather than default ones).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 10:55:00 am »

There will always be some problems though, like when some mods change some things, and other mods change other things in the same items. We really need a handy tool like the TACC, "TA Conflict Crusher", that scanned available mods and made them compatible through various means.

For example, I'm sure I changed something in the default weapons, armor, and shields (though I don't remember what it was  :p), and your mod might have other opinions on the matter. And there's the creatures, of course.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 12:09:00 pm »

Pack003 is out.
In ZIP you'll find !_FULL folder with all features includedm but also differentiated components in separate folders.

I've included the compilation (by Umiman) of community phrases for threats the named monsters yell when they meet you. Also it includes new engravings (shapes and objects).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 01:21:00 pm »

Greetings!

I think a compiled mod pack (or a series of mutually-compatible mod modules) is an excellent idea. I intend to take this for a spin on my next game. I do have one question and one suggestion.

Question: In the item_stoneweapon.txt file, I noticed that the "name" for the stone club is bow:bows - is this intentional?

Suggestion: While you've done a very good write-up for the modpack both here and at DFFD, I would suggest including that same text in the mod archive as a readme.txt. A distributed file WILL get separated from its documentation sooner or later, and including it in the file archive will help keep the necessary information available to the end-user longer.

Thanks again to all the contributors!

Rochndil, DF addict.

Build an Elf a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Drown an Elf in magma, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

I would suggest to revise Umiman's engravings though. Even I find engravings of the "naked human" sort odd, and there are more weird possibilities with those, like a picture of "three deaths" or "two war". I've began adding words from the language_words file to the engraving symbols, as you can no doubt see in MA, but that wasn't priority.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 03:41:00 pm »

Ouch, I forgot to fix the club here. Will reupload now.
And I will check the umiman's work =).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 03:46:00 pm »

The club was fixed in pack3 already, I've just checked that.
I included the readme and made umiman's features (a flavoured text) only as a separate optional thing (until I check it).

Also don't start a new long fort yet (well you can if you want to test/play with the current things).
I will update this often and I have a few (not too many but many enough) to add here.

Pack003b is out.

[ April 25, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 12:43:00 am »

Does it mean that you like changes?
Umiman, I haven't include your mod in the "!_FUL" folder but it's optional inside the archive.
It's because it has a few errors, but I'll fix them tomorrow and put it in the full installation (too bad that I forgot my AC adapter for my laptop when I was gong to work, now I use work PC and it's restricted for me to install DF here).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2008, 01:17:00 am »

Isn't it a better idea to consult with the creators first rather than making modifications on your own judgment?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2008, 05:23:00 am »

What do you mean?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2008, 09:12:00 pm »

Pack004 is out.
Things added:
• Animal packs: wild animals now travel in larger packs. For additional challenge which isn't present when there's no more than 1 lion around.
• Megabeast values: bronze colossus now drops solargent bronze statue which have value > than iron, thus ironmen are no longer more pofitting than colossi. Dragon now drops on death 1 bar of dragon scales, the most valuable metal in the game.

I was inspired by the discussion in the suggestions thread. Why is the colossi statue less valuable than iron man's, while the creature difficulty is opposite?
So I made a solargent bronze, as it was supposed by Hague, and it's more valuable than steel, while not that hard (85% of iron). It males colossi statues more valiable.
Also I took the idea about dragon scales from the same thread. Now they leave just 1 dragon scale cluster bar (new metal), which can be smelt into 10 dragon scale bars, it's a bit worse than adamantine (400% vs. adamantine's 500%).

Also a bit more creatures (cave worms/giant cave worms, treasure chests etc.). Not too many though.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 03:55:00 pm »

Any suggestions about new features? Should I play with different itemcorpses, or do you need something else (the bigger, the better  :)).

Does anybody actually need the tweaking-main-things mod, or all of you want super-overhaul-added-stuff? =)

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5