Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Mod Base 0.95yy. Discontinued.  (Read 60636 times)

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Base 0.95y. Y as in Ы. Slap-patch to fix tilemods.
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2008, 02:17:22 pm »

I had an unfortunate realization... If I install the new version of DF will I have to reinstall Modbase? I am pretty lazy...  :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2008, 02:58:54 pm »

Reinstall, as in how? Just extract the modbase archive, the modpack (or all the mods in your modbase dir except the original one - the new update will take care of that bit), copy over modbase.cfg and init.cfg, and rerun modbase. All setting should be there, just save mods again and run the usual init routine. Which is further simplified by the fact that it loads init.cfg into the lower screen as soon as you open the tab. So you just open the tab and click save settings.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 23, 2008, 12:09:59 am »

I'm still getting the same error message as I posted before whenever loading init settings with modbase. I can still load them and alter them, however.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2008, 06:51:48 am »

Ka-SLAP!

This is a temporary release to fix the issue with tilemods. SL's tileset mod should now work correctly.
I just hope nothing got broken in the process.

A proper version using the additions of the latest DF release should be done in a few days if I have the time.
Oh no! Don't tell me that you watch 2x2 too...
And by the way I'm back to gaming, so I take this and putting different things in =).

Also as long as ModBase becomes the Universal game files controller I'd suggest to add a soundrack selection option. There're a few melodies (by me and others) which fit for DF well and they could be downloaded as a separate pack and could be managed by the ModBase.

I.e. there're 100+ downloads for Diablo game theme and it's quite popular, so I think it would be a nice addition to the tool.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 07:04:01 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2008, 08:57:55 am »

I actually planned this one, and Modbase actually understands MUSIC tags in mods, but I never got to add the actual functionality in. I suppose I can make it copy the original music files in addition to all the other things it backs up, and have it restore from there if needed, but then I run into problems with excessive copying over - unlike init tags that I can check without changing (I figured that one out), music files are all the same name...

And I don't know what 2x2 is. :\

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2008, 10:36:56 am »

2x2 is a "adult cartoon" channel.
There's a funny and not very clever show KA-BLAM! =).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2008, 11:23:55 am »

Is that the same show with the Action League on it, or something different entirely?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Base 0.95yy. I'll throw more ЫЫ's in :). Another slap-patch.
« Reply #262 on: August 24, 2008, 07:08:56 am »

Ka-Slappety-SLAP!!! :P

I rummaged through the code for the init settings tab. It shouldn't crash now, on loading or saving init settings.

Mental note - when coding anything on anything made by Microsoft, plug all leaks with utmost determination, or it'll burst under pressure. The problem was that the arrays set up for tileset lists hogged up the image file access for themselves, so I had to completely wipe and dispose them every time the lists reloaded.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An option that means "do not touch my init.txt"? Well, it does copy your original init file into the modbase folder, so unless you use the built-in editor afterwards, it will not be changed.

And it messing with inits during normal work is a necessary evil. Until I think of a way to reset tileset configs (so that tileset mods can be disabled) without copying over a backup copy, it will have to be done.

The reason is that I don't have ModBase loading any mod components which actually change the font bmp here. Those are disabled because I copied the font bmp into the folder it goes in to avoid having ModBase delete the comments in the init file and stuff. But it deletes them anyways even though there isn't anything in the init file for it to change, so I have to overwrite the stripped init file with a backed-up init file, and if I change an option in the init file directly later (rather than figuring out how to use ModBase's editor), and then have ModBase apply changes to a mod, ModBase overwrites the init file and deletes the changes because of its own backed-up init file. For a while while I was working on my mod it kept changing the window size back to 80x50 when I wanted 80x25 just because I happened to have been trying 80x50 when I ran ModBase for the first time with that version of DF (until I hunted down where it stored the original init file, and fixed it).

(Yes, the init file comments really are that important to me)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 01:29:11 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Havlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2008, 07:30:07 pm »

Sean, are you sure you got the right version of Modbase into the zip file? I'm asking because when I start the Modbase I got from the 0.95yy zip, the window title is 0.95y. And it's still erroring whenever I "Load init settings" or "Apply init settings." Better check on that, 'K.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 25, 2008, 12:21:47 am »

Hmm...  Well, I did forget to update the window title for that version, but I'll check it again, sure.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 25, 2008, 04:00:40 am »

Alright, I looked into it. Please check that the crash behaves like this:

1) You load MB, click the Init tab. The Init list appears, the current tileset it shown, no crash.
2) You load MB, click the Init tab. After the Init list appears, you click the Load Init Settings button. No crash.
3) You load MB, click the Init tab, select a different tileset than the one shown, click load or save. Crash.

I now found and eliminated the cause of that. One more leak, I needed to "rinse and repeat" the same process for the image display itself. Sometimes I wonder how the hell did the whole thing work, and flawlessly, before all these fixes.
I'll now throw in the init-check (assuming it does work like I think it should) so that the init is untouched if its contents are the same as the backup, but generally I think it might be a good idea to find a way to preserve the between-tag comments. I can't promise that I'll find a way, considering how the program handles the raws text, but it's possible.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2008, 05:41:47 am »

Is that the same show with the Action League on it, or something different entirely?
Right... The most funny part for me was "Prometheus and Bob".

Sean, I like how it's going. I wasn't using the modbase for a while and now it has really nice new features. Also I like the moving text on the button :).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:44:09 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 25, 2008, 05:00:48 pm »

Right... The most funny part for me was "Prometheus and Bob".

I haven't seen that show in a looooong time.  I don't even know if it still airs on anything I get, and if it does at a ridiculously late time.  I really need to get a Free to Air setup, that'd probably have it on there somewhere.

Anyway, I'm not sure why I delayed for so long, but I've finally got those fish men to work right.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You might want to change that to where it adds the [AMPHIBIOUS] tag, and removes [AQUATIC], because they aren't very likely to leave the water in the current setup.

Havlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 26, 2008, 10:22:26 am »

Alright, I looked into it. Please check that the crash behaves like this:

1) You load MB, click the Init tab. The Init list appears, the current tileset it shown, no crash.
2) You load MB, click the Init tab. After the Init list appears, you click the Load Init Settings button. No crash.
3) You load MB, click the Init tab, select a different tileset than the one shown, click load or save. Crash.

OK, that isn't that bug that I'm experiencing. The one I'm getting is when I click "load init settings" or "apply init settings," and an "unhandled exception" error box pops up. Now, I can click the "Continue" button in the box, and Modbase keeps going, but then I can't get the tileset dropdown to show anything, and the tileset image preview is empty.

I think it's 'cause the error that's given is that Modbase can't access one of the tilesets in /data/art, 'cause another program is using it. Well, the file the error gave was CSJM_micro_4x4.bmp, which I didn't install, but Modbase included in it's own tileset folder. I took that out of the Modbase tileset folder, and it threw the same error for Herrbdog_960x300.bmp; Took that out, and Modbase didn't error.

My best guess is Modbase is tripping over it's own feet when it's loading the tileset list, detecting that a program is using the file, but not that that program is itself. :D I'll leave the Modbase tileset folder empty for now, and eagerly await the next version of Modbase. :)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21