Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: Mod Base 0.95yy. Discontinued.  (Read 60634 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile

it made me a message of eror i think but i will retry when i go home
whatever the thing wath would be cool is to have a third tab in wich you can select for all creatures (mod activated too) to wich picture it uses
-first you should add the image files and say the coordinates and it would parse it for you to select
-then you select a creatur entitie and you add to its DEFAULT, PROFESSION, ZOMBI, CHILD... entities an apropriate image.
if you like this idee i can explain it better with images of the window if you want ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I know, you want a separate tab for graphics set editing. I didn't get to that yet.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile

if i can help you in anything just say ...
i can plan it for you ... for coding it i am less sure becouse i am not so god in it but i can try to help if your code is well commented ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not so "god" in coding either. I wouldn't be so sure for Toady though. :)

No, I have everything planned out mostly, I even have the basic tile-generating routines figured out, I just don't have enough free time currently, to work on most of this stuff. I still can't figure out the problems I have with setting up Total Conversions.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile

in what are you writing it?
Mohreb el Yasim

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it's written in the first post.....  as well as the download link for the source...

It's VB.NET.

DigitalSin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe I'm just being my usual newb self, but I can't see the modbase.exe inside the rar.

<edit> I also seem to lack the df_original.txt file.. </edit>
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:44:03 am by DigitalSin »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe you downloaded the wrong rar. There are three - one has the modbase.exe and such, one has the mods, and one has the source code.

Also, could we please have an option for ModBase that says "Please do not touch my init.txt" ?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An option that means "do not touch my init.txt"? Well, it does copy your original init file into the modbase folder, so unless you use the built-in editor afterwards, it will not be changed.

And it messing with inits during normal work is a necessary evil. Until I think of a way to reset tileset configs (so that tileset mods can be disabled) without copying over a backup copy, it will have to be done.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Base 0.95y. Y as in Ы. Slap-patch to fix tilemods.
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2008, 04:38:16 pm »

Ka-SLAP!

This is a temporary release to fix the issue with tilemods. SL's tileset mod should now work correctly.
I just hope nothing got broken in the process.

A proper version using the additions of the latest DF release should be done in a few days if I have the time.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2008, 07:47:20 pm »

By the way...

Have I said "thanks" yet?

This seriously is a majorly useful service to the player community.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 22, 2008, 01:14:06 am »

Does the Y version work for you still? I had to hammer away some of the unfinished contraptions in the code so it would work the same.

And thanks for the thanks, but the service is still wildly underused. The previous release only had some 150 downloads, so unless it's being mirrored somewhere, its popularity is still meager at best. Seeing as it was meant to promote the use of mods and all... ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:16:16 am by Sean Mirrsen »

DigitalSin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 22, 2008, 04:27:42 am »

Oh, right on. Thanks Shadowlord, I have an aweful habit of only looking for the first download in a thread..
The modbase works quite nicely, Sean.

Milksquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 22, 2008, 11:22:58 am »

I love this thing so much. As soon as I get some free time I want to start making some mods for it.  THanks for all the hard work everyone has out into it.

Havlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2008, 02:06:14 pm »

I can confim that SL's Tilemod works completely correct with version 0.95y. Good job Sean. :)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21