Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Mod Base 0.95yy. Discontinued.  (Read 60641 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Base 0.94e. A few bugs fixed. Tilesets now accepted as PNGs.
« Reply #195 on: August 01, 2008, 03:35:54 pm »

Bumpy-ho. The tileset-only mods were causing a divide by zero in progressmeter calculations, because the length of the "files" array is zero, and it doesn't check the additional files like tilesets. Fixed now, though it raised another bug elsewhere in the code (or rather made it surface), and that had to be fixed as well.

An add-only-if-doesnt-exist tag sounds useful, and definetly possible. I wonder why didn't I do it before?... :)

Anyway, new version up with some changes. You now have to include the file extension for tilesets and tilemods. Specifically because the program will now convert PNGs and GIFs into BMPs. Not guaranteed to work with GIFs, but PNGs straight off the wiki work fine.

I'm thinking to add full masking with 0.0.255 for tilemods. Think it might be useful? You'll still have to make each top-left pixel of each modded tile non-blue, but you'll be able to make "decorations" regardless of actual tileset. I'm actually thinking about a feature like "add this tilemod to whatever tileset is active now if it matches the resolution".
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 01, 2008, 09:34:53 pm »

Well, now that I've downloaded the latest version, it's telling me that "I:\Program Files\Dwarf Fortress" isn't a DF install directory when I try to scan for mods.  Was working just fine before.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2008, 02:33:40 pm »

I have downloaded Modbase 0.94e and the Modbase cumulative 1.02, but it doesn't work with DF 39e (details below), and there are many confusing things:
- There's no mention of which DF version this release of Modbase is supposed to work with.
- The mods themselves don't tell you which version of DF they are designed to work with.
- The included raws are not the same version as .39e, however since the Modbase version number finishes by e, it suggests it targets that version.
- If I just extract modbase and the modpack into the DF folder, taking care that all files are in the right place, Modbase fails to install any mod.
- If I then delete everything, reinstall, and replace the raws included in Modbase by the ones from DF 39e, I'm able to activate one mod (I don't remember which one), but trying to activate more crashes Modbase. I don't have time to do methodical troubleshooting to find out exactly which mods don't work - the program runs pretty slow and tests take a lot of time.
- There's no readme for your Minerals and Martial Arts mods, and they don't have their thread anymore: I suggest you include one, so we can have more detail about the parts of the mods we can install.
- Finally, it would be nice to be able to resize Modbase's window, to be able to display a larger part of the description at a time.

I look forward to using this tool whenever these quirks are fixed.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2008, 02:42:02 pm »

Hm. I think I shouldn't have included the raws together with the 'base...  I mean, I did put the raws copier func there for a reason, right? :P

Modbase is DF version-independent, and all of its mods are therefore version-independent, unless they become outdated because new tags are required, or old tags become unused. The Minerals and Martial Arts mod still have their threads, but you can get the most basic info about what the mods do through the description field when you highlight the mod.

I'll look into the problem you describe right away. It seems serious. Nonanonymous reported the same thing, I think, but I was much too occupied with RL issues to remember that. :\

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2008, 02:51:58 pm »

Alright. I figured out the problem (I need a better fix for it), it happens when a lot of mods are activated and the progressmeter gets swamped with integer division and multiplication inaccuracies. I will update Modbase, this time without the original raws dir supplied. You'll have to press "OK" a few times during the first launch from a clean DF install, but afterwards it'll work normally.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Base 0.95a. Several bugs fixed.
« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2008, 03:30:51 pm »

Triple-post yeah! Anyway, .95a up. Fixed the overflow error by subtracting 1 from all int division lines for progressbar step calculations. Somehow fixed (I think...) a lockup error when trying to load all mods at once.

Added: Tilemods will now do masked tiles, using the same 0.0.255 color. Also, tilemods will stack if several are applied to one tileset. Also also, using CURRENT_ACTIVE as a part of the tilemod's filename will overwrite whatever tileset is currently active, providing it matches dimensions.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2008, 04:41:45 pm »

Wow, that was quick!! Thanks, I'm trying this out, and I'll let you know if there are anymore problems.

Hm. I think I shouldn't have included the raws together with the 'base...  I mean, I did put the raws copier func there for a reason, right? :P

Modbase is DF version-independent, and all of its mods are therefore version-independent, unless they become outdated because new tags are required, or old tags become unused. The Minerals and Martial Arts mod still have their threads, but you can get the most basic info about what the mods do through the description field when you highlight the mod.

I'll look into the problem you describe right away. It seems serious. Nonanonymous reported the same thing, I think, but I was much too occupied with RL issues to remember that. :\

You might want to put that information on the OP, so that people don't get confused as I did.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2008, 12:57:46 pm »

Here's a few extra Awful-men for those who're using the Martial Arts Mod along side it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:  Errgh, I'm finding some things wrong with this already.  Will these changes to the body line add the fins and tail along with turning it into a humanoid?  And the reason for using two is that carp and other river fish use FISH2, and don't have dorsal fins in vanilla DF.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:07:36 pm by Nonanonymous »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2008, 01:02:36 pm »

Er, um, you don't need two entries if the difference is just FISH and FISH2. I mean, the original Dr.More-Oh doesn't need two, it uses one. The & symbol, inclusive checking, takes care of that.

That is to say, the first entry with FISH2 is redundant. The second entry with FISH will work on its own. In conditions, & makes both FISH and FISH2 pass, and in replacement, FISH replaced by HUMANOID will make FISH2 into HUMANOID2, it doesn't replace the entire value, it runs a string replace function and gets the result.

I'll test that and add it to the mod if it works right.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:05:49 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2008, 05:13:59 pm »

It looks like it wouldn't, since there's a few creatures, namely rays and skates, that use the FISH body, but don't have dorsal fins.

XmasApe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 09, 2008, 06:33:32 am »

Does Modbase not work under Vista? I've been sadly crippled with it on my laptop, and Modbase simply will not Activate mods. My most "promising" run so far has been running as an administrator, without compatibility settings on, which has resulted in an "Activate!" process that is now going on an hour long. At least when I ran it in XP mode I got error messages.

Is there a way to install the Cumulative Mod Pack manually? I've spent five hours trying to make the program work and would enjoy playing at some point.

EDIT: Apparently it stopped without changing the button back to Activate or making any sort of announcement. Which is just as well, because I notice it's managed to delete the entire contents of my raw/objects folder.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 06:45:35 am by XmasApe »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 09, 2008, 11:18:41 am »

Well, the crashes under XP I've recently noticed. I have no idea why doesn't "1.1" qualify as a properly formatted string for conversion to Single.
It deletes the files right before starting to save the mods, so that's normal. Try turning off mods one at a time (or turning them ON one at a time) to see which mod causes the crash - it's not an omnipresent bug. Sadly, it's probably caused by the Martial Arts mod. Switch from Megamagic weapons to simple Magic weapons (or turn them off) and try then.

If it just stopped without changing the Activate button back, some error occured that dropped the cycle out of the function. It should never happen, not without exceptions. I'd rather believe it hung up, which isn't unheard of.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 09, 2008, 07:25:29 pm »

Alright, I've got this one working properly now.

But I can't get this to work right. 

[COND:BODY@1#FISH:DORSAL_FIN] doesn't seem to make sure it picks out only the ones that have dorsal fins, and [COND:BODY@1#FISH] along with [COND:BODY@1#DORSAL_FIN] doesn't find anything at all.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:09:22 pm by Nonanonymous »

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 09, 2008, 10:55:57 pm »

I've had horrible bugs with the last 2 versions that prevent me from using modbase. I've kind of taken just about any mod i liked and thrown it in with some modifications to make them fit together a bit better, but whenever i click the activate button, it will work for a little while, and then throw an exception at me.
It says: A generic error occurred in GDI+.
Also, it throws another exception when I click the edit mod button: Cast from string "STR" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

I never got these errors in the .93 versions.

By the way, will something like this work?

[ENTITY:#]
[COND:CREATURE]
[MAX_SITE_POP:300]

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 09, 2008, 11:09:06 pm »

I was getting that, when I realized I had the test mod activated along with everything else.   ::)

That might be your problem.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21