Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Mod Base 0.95yy. Discontinued.  (Read 60638 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Base 0.81a. Powerful new feature. Hoary martmotmen, anyone?
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2008, 11:49:33 am »

Hm. I thought I forgot something. Yes, I'll reupload the thing now.

edit: ok, done.

Also, Deon, you might want to check your mod conversions. The Toymod specifically, you have OBJECT:CREATURE in some entity files, and ENTITY:MOUNTAINS instead of ENTITY:MOUNTAIN for dwarves in a few places.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:53:42 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2008, 12:12:47 pm »

Oops.
Fixed

Is there a way to remove specific token from the file? I.e. if I want to remove the [STOUT] from dwarves.

<cut, understood>
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:21:26 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2008, 12:14:11 pm »

[STOUT:!]

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2008, 12:25:14 pm »

Ok, so the code:
Code: [Select]
[@ENTITY:#]
[COND:ENTITY&MOUNTAIN!][COND:ENTITY&FOREST!][COND:ENTITY&PLAINS!]
[HELM:!][WEAPON:!][ARMOR:!][PANTS:!][SHIELD:!][GLOVES:!][SHOES:!][DIGGER:!]
will strip all avaliable entities but 3 main friendly ones if I get it right, do I?
I'm not at home but at work and I want to make some small minimods and see which of them could be useful as components.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:28:33 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2008, 12:28:27 pm »

In this case you need COND:ENTITY#MOUNTAIN!, etc, because "&" checks inclusively, so you will gather up "DARKFOREST" and "GOODPLAINS" into the ignored list.

Otherwise, yeah, pretty much it. You forgot trapcomps, toys, and instruments though.

Hm, I think you edited an "@" into the [ENTITY:] header. You don't need that, it was playing tricks with the entry parser, so I made it check for a "#" in the name instead.

And if you want to replace the three main entities' items with other items, would it not be easier to just use the three separate entries, since you are going to add them unique items anyway?

yetAnotherEdit: And I suspect the system might not work that way...  I'm going to make a few tests, but if the way I set up the procedures indeed works like I think it does, the conditional append will be working last, not in the middle of the mod. I'll try to reconfigure it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:36:11 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2008, 12:40:27 pm »

Yeah, the thing I wrote gave me an error which in a word was about "cannot convert from ENTITY to integer" when I tried to activate the mod.

Also [HELM:!] doesn't do anything for obvious reasons. It should be something like [HELM:ITEM_HELM_CAP!] i think.
By the way, I dled DF at work... x_x
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:43:58 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2008, 01:01:15 pm »

No, HELM:! should work. Try it with any normal entry and you'll see. It's the process ordering, as I suspected.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2008, 01:11:38 pm »

[HELM:ITEM_HELM_CAP!] is not working, it adds another entry called [HELM:ITEM_HELM_CAP!].

And it's strange:

[ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]
[HELM:!]
Removes 2 of 3 helms. ITEM_HELM_CAP stays...

Also multiple tokens do nothing.

[ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]
[HELM:!][ARMOR:!]
removes every cap but said ITEM_HELM_CAP and [ARMOR:!] does nothing to armors.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 01:14:13 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Clamity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2008, 09:12:08 pm »

Hey, I was wondering if someone could make the "Civilization Forge" mod compatible with this...I'd like to test out both that mod and the mod base. I would try to do it myself but my coding ability quite frankly, is terrible, and I would most likely mess things up until I'm way to frustrated with it and give up.

On another note, if I remember correctly, there is/was a problem with using plants in reactions...something having to do with them not referencing properly I think.  There was a work around of sorts involving using different material tags or something. My question is, would this be capable of fixing that? Like taking the original coding and change it into the hacked version that actually works? I know it can't right now, just wondering if this would be a capability in the future, or if this is more trouble than its worth.

PS - I've been using the mineral mod, and have enjoyed it immensely, thanks :) .

Radtoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2008, 12:05:30 am »

Hey Sean, I'm one of those Linux users that play DF in wine.

Question is, do you feel like deciding on an open source license for your program so I (or anyone else) possibly attempt to hack up a Mono based version of it?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2008, 12:53:50 am »

What open source license? The thing's free. I don't care about licensing at this point. The source is bundled with the program, it's somewhat commented and reasonably incomprehensible. It's also in Visual Basic. If you want to, you are free to do anything with it.

I'm not aware of any implications of any license or lack thereof, but I doubt the program has any use outside of the DF community, or any possible derivation of it, so there's no reason to worry about someone editing it and claiming it to be his own creation, because everyone here knows where this one came from.

In other news, internet connection at my home has miraculously been restored. I don't have much in terms of good news.
I've been plagued by ludicrous shroedinbugs (the kind that pop up and you wonder how in the nine levels of hell did the program even work before), and I'm absolutely baffled as to why does the seemingly fail-proof script such as the tag deleter manage to fail so consistently. I've gotten a wee bit closer to deciphering the problems though, and I'll try to get an update out ere the week ends.

And I most certainly won't be able to fix any coding errors in DF. I don't know anything regarding memory editing or reverse engineering.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2008, 08:43:56 am »

So, can you provide a code to strip the entity from all equipment? As I wrote before, I don't manage to do it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2008, 08:57:07 am »

Theoretically, adding a new entry named exactly like the target one and adding [tagname:!] will strip an entry of all such tags. That's theoretically. In practice, it leaves a few entries behind for some reason...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2008, 11:04:28 am »

So the thing is not working as I said.
Is there another way to do it or should we just wait for you to fix this error?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Radtoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2008, 02:32:34 pm »

What open source license?
Any you like. BSD / GPLv2/3 and Creative Commons are good because most programmers know them. Just stick one into the archive and it is done.

I'm not aware of any implications of any license or lack thereof [...]
Going by common (legal / social) standard, having a program that was published without any license means that you can only use it exactly as it was provided. Redistribution, alterations and reusing parts of the code in other things aren't automatically included without the authors prior consent.

So there's at least the politeness in not going against what authors of code would generally regard as their own and at most the fear of getting hammered because a noble author decided that his program shouldn't be downloaded except from his homepage where he has got his own countenance engraved with giant proportions. Or something like that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21