Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: Mod Base 0.95yy. Discontinued.  (Read 60622 times)

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Base 0.95yy. I'll throw more ЫЫ's in :). Another slap-patch.
« Reply #285 on: September 02, 2008, 05:08:46 pm »

Err, hey Sean.  I probably should have asked before I went ahead and included them, but can I have your permission to add the Martmod's body files to this?

knowbuddyuno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2008, 01:55:49 pm »

Are there graphic sets for the Kentauri/Dark Elves/Dark Outcasts/All the other races added in the modbase? I imagine it'd be a ton of work, so I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't. Thing is, my brother has no access to gaming for a couple of years, and I've been mailing him stories of my fortresses for his entertainment. I saw these mods and thought that I'd have even better, more varied stories to tell, but I think seeing my dwarves attacked by letters/placeholder art would kill a little of it for him. Is there such a graphics set, or should I just continue with vanilla?

I tried a search for this, but came up empty. Sorry if this kind of question has been posted ad nauseum.

AmberMac

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 21, 2008, 03:07:08 pm »

Can anyone please help me as to how to install the mod? Im confused horribaly. o.o And i got the all in one pack, And i extracted it to my DF folder, But i dont know which directorys to put them in, Like which in raws, And so fourth. =/
"As soon as life start, It ends, there is no meaning, But to live your years, Turn into mulch for the next generation."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 21, 2008, 04:04:34 pm »

Unless something got horribly confused, you should extract all archives into the same directory, that is the same directory where "dwarfort.exe" is that you run DF with.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

AmberMac

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 21, 2008, 04:18:03 pm »

Ok thank you very much :D
"As soon as life start, It ends, there is no meaning, But to live your years, Turn into mulch for the next generation."

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 16, 2008, 07:14:51 pm »

In converting some of my personal mods (as well as various mods from the forums) to Mod Base format for ease of maintenance (i.e. when a mod I'm using/tweaking is updated), I've come across some implementation problems, if not outright bugs.

My feature wish list remains about the same as it was in my earlier post to this thread, but in addition to that I find myself having to compile many mods into one single megamod to get around certain issues (defeating the purpose of Mod Base).

For example, it seems that regardless of whether or not I flag an entry to !REPLACE, any token it contains will overwrite existing tokens of that type.  When I try to add slag (METAL_ORE:SLAG:50) as a potential additional product to all metal ores, all existing METAL_ORE tokens are instead converted to METAL_ORE:SLAG:50.  There's no way to simply add that token to existing ores.  The same problem affects many other attempts at modular additions to existing entries (all currency for dwarves became PLATINUM rather than adding PLATINUM as an additional form of currency, etc).

I also seem to be struggling with the syntax for conditional statements, but that's probably just the learning curve rather than a deficiency in the system.  I'll keep working at it and might add more details on that if I still can't sort things out.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 19, 2008, 07:12:24 am »

Hm. I think I just forgot that METAL_ORE is a multipresent tag.

I don't know if I'll release a version just to fix that, I'm more or less overhauling the entire thing. Among other things, it should be able to read tag definitions from external files, so I don't have to recompile the exe every time some tags change.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Skie

• Bay Watcher
  • ~♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 19, 2008, 08:25:00 am »

I can't get the thing to work. No matter what I do.
Fresh install of DF. Then I extract Mod Base into the DF folder, along with the mod package.
I double-check that the directory is right. I scan the mods. I click on !!! ACTIVATE !!! and it always crashes. Error is either: "Index was outside the bounds of array." or "Conversion from string "1.1" to type 'Single' is not valid.". The latter comes every time you try to activate the mods for the first time. The former if you try it again after the first unhandled exception. Anyways, the raw\objects directory is completely void of any files after it crashes. The progress bar runs till the end, then it jumps back a few notches and crash.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 08:28:47 am by Skie »
Skie, Modmaker cancels modcrafting: Went insane.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 19, 2008, 10:02:14 am »

You must be running XP. The "index out of bounds" can be related to the test mod, and the "1.1" error is something I was not yet able to solve. It's in the Martial Arts mod, additional items section. For some reason, even though "1.1" is a perfectly valid Single type value, XP (and Vista in some cases) will not let it work. All I can suggest you try is installing either the latest .NET framework (if yours is below 2.0), or the 1.1 or 2.0 if yours is 3.0 or 3.5.

Part of this whole overhaul effort is installing MSVS 2008 and seeing if it works after being compiled with it, but I wasn't able to install the darn thing either, because the 3.5 .NET framework doesn't install for some reason.

Skie

• Bay Watcher
  • ~♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 19, 2008, 12:13:56 pm »

Yeah, Windows XP. And 64 bit version, even.
I just installed 3.5, I guess I'll have to try to revert back to 2.0 or such.
Skie, Modmaker cancels modcrafting: Went insane.

Von Krieger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 12, 2008, 03:44:42 pm »

Couple of things, there are a few animals that use the [RECKLESS] tag, which has been removed, and the lizardmen and tigermen use [LOW_SKILL], which also has been removed.

Also for some reason making hardened bone mass doesn't require bones, only ashes. I fixed that by replacing:

[REAGENT:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE]

with

[REAGENT:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:BONE:NO_MATGLOSS]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2008, 03:46:35 pm »

I suppose that should work in the new DF version. I think I completely forgot about my poor lil' MA mod... :-\

Slith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 14, 2008, 08:04:49 pm »

Extract the contents of the archive so that ModBase.exe ends up in your main DF directory.
Installation of this mod really needs to be clarified.

I haven't installed any mods before, and this has got me going "hunh?"

The mod download doesn't have a modbase.exe in it, and even if it did, this doesn't say if everything is just put into the main dwarf fortress folder, or if it gets sorted into different folders. It merely specifies that modbase.exe should be in the DF folder.

So for someone who hasn't done this before, what am I doing wrong?

Edit: I found the culprit - PEBKAC
Even so, the OP's post is a mite confusing, in that the actual mod is not the first thing available for download, rather the modpack is. Also, modbase.exe doesn't detect any of the mods. Oh well, back to normal dwarf fortress for me!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 08:14:42 pm by Slith »

Von Krieger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 17, 2008, 03:09:12 am »

You need the files from the modbase file in a folder called modbase.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 17, 2008, 04:36:10 am »

and to think...none of this could of been possible without Dwarmins hat mod.... :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21