Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [38c] Martial Arts modpack. Updated to 1.62t.  (Read 4490 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Martial Arts modpack. Updated to 1.62t.
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 12:14:00 am »

Other than the basic problem of "target areas too small", no. Your design looks fine, but I'd still prefer to keep to my simpler version. Time will tell though.  :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2008, 12:34:00 am »

I'm reminded of one guy from Black and White...  The immortal peasant.  

You could throw him about, drop rocks on him, toss him into water, set fire to him, and he just would not die.  If you picked him up and gave him a fling, the camera would follow his flight and then he'd start yelling about his various injuries as he recieved them (due to crashing into the side of a mountain).  There was the standard stuff of "Ouch, my head!"  and "Aiee, my leg!", but there were some other ones as well...

"Oooh, my solar plexus!"

"Eeek, my temporomandibular joint!"

"Aaagh, my appendix!"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 02:30:00 am »

quote:
Alternative Rapidshare link

Update + new link for those that have problems with DFFD.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 12:12:00 pm »

It's me for now =). At least until I figure out what changed for me.
Thank you very much! I was going ti post a request when I saw 1.62t but the link was already there! Which changes did you implement in the latest version?

P.S. I haven't checked this yet, but do you share some similar material names here and in minerals mod, or could they be merged just by copy-pasting? I'm going to play with both after I playtest this new version.

[ May 08, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »

I deliberately make them compatible.    :) I don't think MA has any matglosses or reactions. Only magical weapons, which merges perfectly with the new infusion metals. I got a masterwork "Vicious Dragonsteel warhammer of bashing" from a chest....  not that I can use it though, +2500 degrees is something of a problem. Yet if I could - (that's a big if, it incinerates your hand after two turns, I'd need a froststeel gauntlet or something) it'd be a STUPENDOUS weapon.

Oh, and, uh, changes... well, I fully enabled the magical weapons, though not for crafting, instead the new 3 kinds of chests can have them inside. Spiders are going to be no more than a nuisance, they are set to ambush mode so they won't find you unless you find them. Yet if they do - one Giant red-back spider nearly dispatched me and four dark outcast drunks, and that says something. There are probably some minor tweaks here and there, but nothing of notable magnitude.

One word of warning - watch out of dark outcast caves. They won't web you (part of my attempts to stop crashes), but usually there's a mighty gajillion of them loitering right outside the cave entrance.

Also, the boxes, chests, and crates are abundant in chasms, but you're unlikely to get to them unless they are outside, or you play fort mode. Caves have a few of them too. "Boxes" are small, their icon is that of a block, and they usually have jewellery inside. "Chests" are a bit larger, their icon is that of an armor stand (the musical note thing), and they have weapons and small armor pieces inside. "Crates" are large, their icon is that of a bed, and they have suits of armor and shields inside. Each container type is present in wooden, metal, and stone forms. They don't attack, usually. Or rather they'll try to push you. They'll also try to move, despite the IMMOBILE_LAND tag, but oh well. I guess they're posessed artifact boxes.   :)

If you meet something you don't recognize, post here, it might be a feature I forgot.   :D

Edit: oh, one more thing.
If you still have crashes, try removing the entity_megabeast file and genning a new world. If the game reacts to "too many entities", removing that might solve those crashes.

[ May 08, 2008: Message edited by: Sean Mirrsen ]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »

Nice containers! I'm glad the randomizer works as intended.
What about spiders - I noted that while ambushing they don't really want to go for you, they wander instead but if you occasionally spot one, it will charge at you immideately.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2008, 09:17:00 am »

About your magical weapons, do all of them have something special?
How would we know then? How did you know about your +2500 degrees hammer?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2008, 10:30:00 am »

The magical weapons are alterations of existing ones (there are spear, shortsword, longsword, battleaxe, warhammer, whip, pike, mace), differing by damage amount/type, weight, critboost, stick chance, material requirement. The 2500 degree hammer was made of dragonsteel - an infusion alloy (red diamond-infused, obviously for fiery effect) from the minerals mod. Weapons can't have innate temperatures, but they can deal heat damage.

Also, there aren't only positive modifiers to magic weapons, there are 8 prefixes and 8 suffixes, about a third of which are negative. A Weak Silver mace of Misfortune can make a great training weapon.  :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]