Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [38c] Martial Arts modpack. Updated to 1.62t.  (Read 4491 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Martial Arts modpack. Updated to 1.62t.
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 02:05:00 pm »

Hey, I've modded a few creatures in and it caused webs everywhere, even in mayor's house.
I haven't added any new webbing creatures at all.

Also do not add my beholders yet if you manage to.
They have no name for their extract, but they need it =).

[ April 27, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »

Webbings have a fair chance to appear everywhere if you are using my mod's 1.5b version as a base. Dark outcasts and feral outcasts are quite widespread and use webbing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 04:03:00 pm »

No, I mean I modded few non-webbers in VANILLA and there're a lot of webs everywhere, though they're looking like just graphics feature (no object if I looked at the tile with the web, they do not catch anything). THere're webs even in the mayors' houses!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 04:13:00 pm »

Is the town in an evil area?  Phantom spiders are an evil vermin that create small surface webs in evil areas.

I've also seen cave spider webs pop up in abandoned fortresses, maybe it does the same to abandoned human towns?

Edit: Woops, missed the part about no object.  Those wouldn't be it then.

[ April 28, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 02:53:00 pm »

A question to Sean: do you have any creature with MAGICAL tag?
It seems to cause some neat crashes.

At first, it allowed me to speak to harpies and even join one to me. So it worked like the entity has at_peace_with_nature (but the tag was in creature not entity!).

And the main part of my post - I began to recieve a lot of crashes after I included this spellcaster with [MAGICAL] tag.

Check if any of your creatures uses this tag, it's definitely buggy.

[ May 01, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

[ May 01, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »

Well, there's one creature. The kentauri power, the divine being. I removed the tag, and the webber tags of the two intelligent outcast creatures, and the crashes seem to have subsided. Version updated. Please test as extensively as you can.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 03:23:00 pm »

Damn it. Exams are close, and I haven't learned anything from this semester yet =(.
I'll test it anyway.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 08:00:00 am »

You asked in my mod's thread, but I think it's more appropriate to answer here, because I want you to include this, it adds some nice random factor to the adventure mode.

How to make random drop:

[ITEMCORPSE:WEAPON:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:USE_RACEGLOSS]

Or if it doesn't work (I fixed TO this), I had [ITEMCORPSE:WEAPON:ITEM_ARMOR_PLATE:METAL:USE_RACEGLOSS]. As you see, I typed "weapon" instead of "armor" so it ignored item_armor_plate and used randomizer. I think NO_SUBTYPE works the same way. Experiment with other items (armor, gems) to get nice rewards. A masterwork ruby from a static chest is a nice thing for shopping.

Actually I made this thing to make chest-hunt less predictable. I made them (ancient chests) spawning like ratmen in chasm biomes and in scarce packs of 3-6. If they had the same itemcorpse, they all dropped the same weapon. By randomizing I can be sure at least that they will drop different weapons, because I have a lot. I wish there was a token "no_type" to replace WEAPON for full random.

EDIT.
Also I playtest a new type of custom body. It's more detailed (more organs) AND less inta-killable. I'll tell you if I succeed. Maybe at last you'll borrow some nice ideas, I like to share (if I have something to :!) =).

[ May 03, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »

I've been experimenting with extra-advanced "bodices" myself, but so far I've noticed that it is generally impossible to do a well-detailed body without making it too vulnerable or making attacks ridiculously small-scale. As in, "You hack at the ratman in the left nostrill with your +Steel greatsword+! It is cut!" versus hitting the head and blowing out each end every tooth at once along with an eye and an ear, leaving the jaw and nose undamaged. The current "body language" tags don't allow much freedom, and the limits of the system that interprets them doesn't help. For example, custom type tags would greatly help set up complex bodies. SMALL and INTERNAL parts don't pass damage to the parts connected to them - meaning no way to make a hit to a big part damage a subpart, and then a subpart of that, as would be the case with the "head->jaw->tooth" tree. There's no way to make an EMBEDDED part ungrabbable, except adding APERTURE, which makes the part completely invulnerable, disallowing small parts that can be slashed or gouged "out", yet cannot be grabbed, for example the "power source" of my metal golems.
There's lots of little stuff like that, and it won't be handled until the Combat Arc, so we're stuck with it for a while.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 12:52:00 pm »

Oh yeah, speaking of which, there's only one "l" in nostril.  There are a few other things in there, but only one "l".

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 01:59:00 pm »

Kargus, don't be picky. A man can makke typos. =)

P.S. Sean, I've almost succeeded in dividing main body in sections to separate main organs, there're few major problems though to I can't tell now is it possible to bypass them.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »

Multiposting =).

I finished my body, look at this:

code:

[BODY:HUMANOID_REAL]
[BP:CHEST:chest][UPPERBODY]
[BP:RBREAST:right torso side][CON:CHEST]

[BP:LBREAST:left torso side][CON:CHEST]

[BP:ABDOMEN:abdomen][CON:CHEST]
[BP:BELT:pelvis][CON:ABDOMEN][LOWERBODY][SKELETON]
[BP:HEAD:head][CON:CHEST][HEAD]
[BP:RUA:right upper arm][CON:RBREAST][LIMB]

[BP:LUA:left upper arm][CON:LBREAST][LIMB]

[BP:RLA:right lower arm][CON:RUA][LIMB]

[BP:LLA:left lower arm][CON:LUA][LIMB]

[BP:RH:right hand][CON:RLA][GRASP]

[BP:LH:left hand][CON:LLA][GRASP]

[BP:RUL:right upper leg][CON:BELT][LIMB]

[BP:LUL:left upper leg][CON:BELT][LIMB]

[BP:RLL:right lower leg][CON:RUL][LIMB]

[BP:LLL:left lower leg][CON:LUL][LIMB]

[BP:RF:right foot][CON:RLL][STANCE]

[BP:LF:left foot][CON:LLL][STANCE]

[BODY:ORGANS_REAL]
[BP:HEART:heart][CON:CHEST][CIRCULATION][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:RLUNG:right lung][CON:RBREAST][BREATHE][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:LLUNG:left lung][CON:LBREAST][BREATHE][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:SPLEX:solar plexus][CON:CHEST][INTERNAL][NERVOUS][SMALL]
[BP:DIAFRAGM:diafragm][CON:CHEST][BREATHE][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:LIVER:liver][CON:CHEST][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:STOMACH:stomach][CON:ABDOMEN][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:DDENUM:duodenum][CON:ABDOMEN][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:PANCREAS :pancreas][CON:ABDOMEN][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:SPLEEN:spleen][CON:ABDOMEN][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:GUTS:guts][CON:ABDOMEN][GUTS][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:AAORTA:abdominal aorta][CON:ABDOMEN][CIRCULATION][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:BLADDER:bladder][CON:BELT][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:RKIDNEY:right kidney][CON:BELT][INTERNAL][SMALL]

[BP:LKIDNEY:left kidney][CON:BELT][INTERNAL][SMALL]

[BODY:SKELETON_REAL]
[BP:RRIBs:right lateral ribcage][CON:RBREAST][INTERNAL][SKELETON][SMALL]
[BP:LRIBS:left lateral ribcage][CON:LBREAST][INTERNAL][SKELETON][SMALL]
[BP:SKULL:skull][CONTYPE:HEAD][SKELETON][INTERNAL][SMALL]
[BP:SPINE:spine][CON:CHEST][SKELETON][INTERNAL][SMALL][NERVOUS][JOINT]
[BP:COCX:coccyx][CON:PELT][SKELETON][INTERNAL][SMALL][NERVOUS]

So the full body tree is:

code:

head
LUA- left torso side - chest - right torso side -RUA
           abdomen
      LUL - pelvis - RUL

head <- usual head with brain,mouth,eyes,ears,nose
left torso side w. left lung, right - w. right lung(no more double lungs piercing)
chest with heart, diaphragm, solar plexus & liver
abdomen w. guts & organs(stomach,duodenum,pancreas,spleen,aorta)
pelvis w. kidneys and bladder

WIth this body structure all organs are damaged fine and they are separated within body so you won't get 2lungs+heart pierced with 1 arrow.

Also now the body can be cut in 2 halves from top to bottom (simulated by cutting off 1 torso side with connected arm) or from side to side (when you chop the man in 2 pieces by chopping through his abdomen).

P.S. I had a lot of designs but the main problem was with wearing armor. This body wears it nicely (armor on chest, which UBSTEP covering sides, and leggings/pants on pelvis).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 03:38:00 pm »

There are a few errors with this design. I don't suppose you really have the items set up like this in a working body model.

You need to consider several mechanics of the game as well.

For a part to connect properly, its parent must be added to the tree before it. So the abdomen that connects to the SPLEX won't work unless you will have SPLEX put before it.

For a part to be protected with armor, it needs to be a [LIMB] part. Specifically, I think Toady explained, that UBSTEP counts LIMBs going toward any GRASP from UPPERBODY, and LBSTEP counts any outgoing LIMBs. And LIMB happens to allow grabbing with the part when wrestling.

For a part to be individually targetable, it must have no SMALL tag. INTERNAL does not prevent it, and does not mean damage passes to it - SMALL means part receives damage from parent, and INTERNAL means it only receives that damage if it is critical.

There's no way to make a small part pass damage to its children, so a SKULL is of no use, since it won't prevent the brain from being damaged.

Damage to any CIRCULATION means certain death. So an abdominal aorta is bad in that regard. Also, why is the bladder marked circulation?

So, consider all that. I've been constructing such body designs periodically, but settled for what I have in my mod now as the most viable currently. The biggest problem of your design is unrealistically small target areas, such as the solar plexus as a separate part.

You did give me an idea for more spectacular arm losing in combat though, regarding torso sides. I'll check it out.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>There are a few errors with this design. I don't suppose you really have the items set up like this in a working body model.

You need to consider several mechanics of the game as well.

For a part to connect properly, its parent must be added to the tree before it. So the abdomen that connects to the SPLEX won't work unless you will have SPLEX put before it.

For a part to be protected with armor, it needs to be a [LIMB] part. Specifically, I think Toady explained, that UBSTEP counts LIMBs going toward any GRASP from UPPERBODY, and LBSTEP counts any outgoing LIMBs. And LIMB happens to allow grabbing with the part when wrestling.

For a part to be individually targetable, it must have no SMALL tag. INTERNAL does not prevent it, and does not mean damage passes to it - SMALL means part receives damage from parent, and INTERNAL means it only receives that damage if it is critical.

There's no way to make a small part pass damage to its children, so a SKULL is of no use, since it won't prevent the brain from being damaged.

Damage to any CIRCULATION means certain death. So an abdominal aorta is bad in that regard. Also, why is the bladder marked circulation?

So, consider all that. I've been constructing such body designs periodically, but settled for what I have in my mod now as the most viable currently. The biggest problem of your design is unrealistically small target areas, such as the solar plexus as a separate part.

You did give me an idea for more spectacular arm losing in combat though, regarding torso sides. I'll check it out.</STRONG>

It's weird, I definitely had ABDOMEN. I will check it, I know about tree structure but it seems that I forgot to check for it =).

Also skull is just for flavour. It's nice to see it's being crashed.

I may consider bladder, but usually if something piercec bladder you possibly die of inner intoxication (though it works for stomsch better) so this part isn't necessary.

EDIT: It was a typo, abdomen connects to chest from bottom and splex is its inner part (just a nervous point).

I removed circ. from bladder, though abdominal aorta is vital in my opinion. In r.l. if you damage it with piercing weapon without fast medical help you'll bleed to death really hard.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2008, 05:27:00 pm »

As you see, pelvis and abdomen work as intended (and pelvis).

Do you have any suggestions what else could be improved?

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 [2] 3