Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cookery and art desecration  (Read 667 times)

BeefontheBone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cookery and art desecration
« on: August 09, 2006, 09:45:00 am »

My last fortress' dwarves descended into madness and slaughtered each other after winter came on them with no food stocks (farms are hard to set up and run), but one of them was a few months ahead of the others in his melancholy - he kept getting "a masterwork of <can'tremeber hisname> was lost" messages without having made anything - my only thought was that it had something to do with cookery; perhaps his excellent meals were being eaten and this was upsetting him? If it happens again I'll look into it more closely.

Incidentally, names starting with accented letters like è only display in lower-case, which looks a little odd; maybe block those letters from starting a name?

etter than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick which has been dipped in sulphuric acid and had razor blades inserted into it. Probably.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Cookery and art desecration
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 10:37:00 am »

huh.  well, I thought food objects were exempt when eaten, specifically.  but, I've thought things like this before.

edit: the lower case accented starters didn't bother me so much, but it could be done.

[ August 09, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 06:00:00 pm »

In fact, when I had changed around the eat code, somehow the food exemption was lost.  I just fixed that now.  Until then...  well...  don't cook masterpieces or something...  ...
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Ancient_Sleeping_Dude_Rei

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 06:16:00 pm »

I ran into this bug. My cook made 10 biscuits, masterpieces. One of those, only one, gets eaten. 2 toppled wagons, a destroyed kitchen, 1 day and 6 tantrums later... On his 7th tantrum, he strikes someone. Civil war bug activates!

In the end, I have my mason, safely locked inside, and what seems to be 1 tainted, tantruming berserking fisherdwarf, and a farmer outside. Maybe I can save the farmer I think? So I make him a soldier, order him to the entrence door, unlock the door and run him inside, and then lock the door. Now my clean ones are safe!

He kills the mason upon sight, then when I unlock the door he runs outside and kills the last tainted dwarf. Now it's only him left, so I send him to go wrestle unicorns. He dies.

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 06:21:00 pm »

hmm... sounds like my dwarfs are going to have to eat eveything raw until they learn that its ok for others to eat nice looking cooked meals   :D