Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [10sm]It's the small things v0.2 - .39d compatible  (Read 31740 times)

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [10sm]It's the small things v0.2 - Prefstring mod compl
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2008, 06:50:00 am »

Well, DF has the Militant Hippie Brigade - aka the Elves - looking after the beasties, so I think they'll be fine for a while yet  ;)

Also - epic work on upping all the PREFSTRINGs. I've set myself a quota of at least two for every one of my creatures, and I'm finding it hard to write unique things that Dwarves find interesting about 11 species of elephants, for instance   :roll:

Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2008, 03:31:00 pm »

Yeah, it's frigging hard, but kinda fun at the same time. I'm worried when I get to the -men creatures though.

What on earth do you write for snailmen?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »

Spiraling shells
Waving eyestalks
Slime
Oozing noises
Smooth underbellies
Mottled hides
Ponderous nature
Allergy to beer (have you ever seen what happens to them?  Bloody awesome)
Terrifying features.

Uhh, couldn't come up with anything else.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2008, 03:49:00 pm »

Ooooh, that works. Thanks Kagus.

Toady put quite a lot of animals in this game... I'm only halfway done apparently and the list of tropical large animals scares me. By the way, did you know that the mating rituals of freshwater pike involve the female smacking the male on the face every time he comes near?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by umiman:
<STRONG>By the way, did you know that the mating rituals of freshwater pike involve the female smacking the male on the face every time he comes near?</STRONG>
Random facts are the best kind of facts.
Did you know that cows have four stomachs?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »

Yep.  Did you know that the mouth is an intermediary point between each stomach as food progresses towards the ejection port?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »

Yup, that's why they're called ruminants. Did you know that bull sharks (3.5m, 318kg) can jump waterfalls like salmon and live in freshwater areas and has been known to cruise up the Ganges River, killing and attacking the devotees along the way?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2008, 05:04:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by jaybud4:
<STRONG>Did you know that cows have four stomachs?</STRONG>

Yes. And would make a nice addition to the MA mod.  :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2008, 12:23:00 am »

quote:
Sexual intercourse plays a major role in Bonobo society, being used as a greeting, a means of conflict resolution and post-conflict reconciliation, and as favors traded by the females in exchange for food. With the exception of a pair of Congoese gorillas caught in the act[14], Bonobos were thought to be the only non-human apes to have been observed engaging in all of the following sexual activities: face-to-face genital sex (most frequently female-female, then male-female and male-male), tongue kissing, and oral sex.[15] In scientific literature, the female-female sex is often referred to as GG rubbing or genital-genital rubbing.

Sexual activity happens within the immediate family as well as outside it, and often involves adults and children, even infants.[16] Bonobos do not form permanent relationships with individual partners. They also do not seem to discriminate in their sexual behavior by gender or age, with the possible exception of sexual intercourse between mothers and their adult sons; some observers believe these pairings are taboo. When Bonobos come upon a new food source or feeding ground, the increased excitement will usually lead to communal sexual activity, presumably decreasing tension and allowing for peaceful feeding

Hrm... I want to be a bonobo.... I don't think I will include this inside the prefstrings though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2008, 12:32:00 am »

Ha ha ha, you should really see some of the nature videos they put together on bonobos.  I remember seeing these two that were in a full-fledged fight, tumbling over each other, throwing stuff, punching, howling, all sorts of standard fighting procedure stuff.

And then, all of a sudden (they even looked a bit surprised themselves), they're back-to-front and getting it on.  Three seconds later, they go their separate ways without so much as a peep.

And then there was the bonobo that was sitting high up in a tree and masturbating for the camera...  With his toe.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2008, 04:06:00 am »

Egads... so many bloody creatures. I think I'm learning more about fish than I ever really should know...

Nearly... finished... just freshwater vermin, standard creatures, and subterranean left...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2008, 06:39:00 pm »

Prefstring mod v1.0 complete

Going to paste it on the front page later.

Get it here for now: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=182

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2008, 06:53:00 pm »

Good job! This'll find its way into my vanilla DF install.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2008, 03:56:00 am »

WHAAAT!?!!!!

Plants have prefstrings too?!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

EDIT: I also discovered that the items inside the engraving mod appear inside a dwarf's thoughts. So don't be surprised to see your dwarves liking nightmares, plains, and females. It's not a bad thing I think.

[ May 26, 2008: Message edited by: umiman ]

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2008, 04:17:00 am »

Just be thankful there aren't anywhere as many plants as there are creatures.  ;)

And god knows what else [PREFSTRING] can be applied to. I haven't seen it on any minerals, but I wouldn't be surprised if it works.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7