Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: reveal  (Read 1630 times)

Boethiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
reveal
« on: March 03, 2008, 01:41:00 am »

Any way to perhaps edit reveal.exe to work with the new versions of DF? or maybe to make a new one? i myself know absolutely nothing about coding (except the writeln thing) myself so i was wondering what you guys thought.
quot;AHA!" Kodor cried, and opened the cabinet. Some crumpets fell out. The whole thing was stuffed full of them.

"Crumpets!" shouted the Captain in glee.

Hobo Symbols!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: reveal
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 01:43:00 am »

At some point, someone will update the memory.ini settings for the current version on Rick's user page.  But by that time, the next version will probably be out already.

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 02:11:00 am »

Somebody already posted the memory.ini for Reveal.exe. http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/User_talk:Rick#0.27.176.38c
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 02:53:00 am »

Okay, that wasn't there before or after I posted.  My point still holds credibility.  I have not made a fool of myself.  

*Phew*

Boethiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 02:11:00 pm »

Ok do i paste those codes somewhere? because i found them once but didnt have a clue on how to use them.
quot;AHA!" Kodor cried, and opened the cabinet. Some crumpets fell out. The whole thing was stuffed full of them.

Hobo Symbols!

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »

Create a new text file in the same folder as reveal.exe and paste that text in it. Name this file "memory.ini". That's it.
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Boethiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 09:54:00 pm »

doesnt seem to work, ah well.
EDIT: Perhaps its because the actual txt file is supposed to be .ini not just in the name but in the actual file type. I name name it memory.ini yet it still stays as a .txt file.

[ March 03, 2008: Message edited by: Boethiah ]

Hobo Symbols!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 10:30:00 pm »

Does the .txt extension actually show up?  If it's invisible, then you've got one of the handy-dandy utterly useless and oftentimes restricting features turned on.

Go into "tools" on the toolbar, then "folder options".  Once there, click on the "view" tab, and scroll down until you find a checkbox marked "hide extensions for known file types".  Make sure that it is unchecked.

Once that's done, rename the file to memory.ini (for real this time), and carry on your merry way.

Boethiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

uh oh.. now i get an error when i try to open DF. i made the .ini file anyway.

Hobo Symbols!

Ixjuvin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 06:35:00 pm »

Is this application still floating around somewhere for me to grab? I can't seem to find a link to it on the wiki or through forum searching. Is it just dead or what?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 08:35:00 pm »

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/User:Rick/Tweak

Grab the tweak here. It includes reveal + magma buildings with other nice fetures like adjust start.

[ May 08, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository