Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spoiler? Adamantine  (Read 1830 times)

Grantyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spoiler? Adamantine
« on: February 17, 2008, 11:44:00 am »

I'm not sure if I should put a spoiler here, so I did anyway. Anywho, Is there a way to mod 38a so that all of the metal is adamantine? Yes, I'm a huge cheater.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spoiler? Adamantine
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 11:58:00 am »

I'm not exactly sure what you want when you word your question like that. But the easiest way to get LOTS of adamantine without making a new world is modding the reactions. If possible can you clarify your question?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:03:00 pm »

He wants all stone and all metal in the world to be adamantine. That, or he wants all existing metals to be like adamantine.

Either way, a cleaner solution would be to use a horrendously overpowered reaction to smelt 100 adamantine wafers out of any 1 rock.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Grantyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 12:09:00 pm »

Oh, I'm sorry. I would like to know (if possible) how to replace all metals with adamantine. Does that help?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »

That would mean you'd get that bastard of a king on your doorstep the instant you hit a metal vein.  I suggest making a new metal or adding in a reaction like Sean said.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »

Go under: All of the matgloss_stone and matgloss_metal, and ether - remove everything accept adamantine, or deactivate them. Then under stone_layer - copy and past each unique layer under adamantine in the metal folder - do the same for the sand too. IF I am right this should make adamantine everything --- Like my adventures with modding a tiberium.....

Don't forget to disable all the vains too, and remove the [Deep] from adamantine.

[ February 17, 2008: Message edited by: Zironic ]

Grantyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 01:53:00 pm »

Cool, thanks.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »

Tell me if it works or not, because if it doesn't I could go edit the file and stuff.

Grantyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 03:21:00 am »

Ok, I've tried removing all of the layer stones and replaced them with adamantine. I took out the [DEEP] tag and added four adamantines each with a different one, but it doesn't seem to work. Help? Also, sorry if my wording is confusing. I can't help it.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 06:55:00 pm »

Just add all the characteristic tags of adamantine that make it so awesome (eg. 500% damage/protection, 300x value) to every other metal. Zing, your wish is granted.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.