Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: (renamed)Working on a pokemod.  (Read 10277 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: (renamed)Working on a pokemod.
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »

The game tries to use all the megabeasts (and semis too I think) before it does a repeat, so if you have enough of them, you shouldn't run into trouble.  With the new age of myth stuff, it makes more than it used to (so it can kill some), but at some point I could add the option to change the numbers, or a tag like [UNIQUE] that makes the (semi)megabeast/power only occur once.

Or should this mod only be used in a Pocket world.  Ha ha.  Then you'd only have one or two megas.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2008, 04:17:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>Or should this mod only be used in a Pocket world.  Ha ha.</STRONG>

:D   :D   :D   :D

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2008, 12:15:00 am »

Legendaries: One-off creatures which every trainer you play in each of the games can catch one each.

Is it possible to make creatures run off once they take a certain amount of damage? That way if you fight a legendary pokemon it runs off before you can kill it.

Anyway, vermin could be Ratata and Raticate, Skarmory... a steel flying bird. OH oh oh! Is it possible to make some creatures tunnel? That way you could have Onyx and Diglett burrowing through your Fortress.

What creature should claim the seat of the Giant Cave Spider...

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2008, 01:55:00 am »

Bidoof? :)
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2008, 11:37:00 am »

Ariados would work for GCS: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/168.shtml

[ March 26, 2008: Message edited by: Xgamer4 ]

insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2008, 06:54:00 pm »

Wow, I felt embarrassed looking through that site.  I can't believe people still play Pokemon.
Shoes...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »

I'm actually using Seribii and Bulbpedia to confirm my habitat info.

Even way back before I started this I used Seribii to plan out movesets and breeding.  I used Pokemon Netbattle (back when I could find it. I can't find it anymore) to check IVs more often than I would actually fight on it, since I can't find a pokemon's IVs accurately without them being level 100.  Now I just use a pokemon playing friend of mine and do a wifi battle set to lv 100 for that purpose.

Recent additions: Dialga, Darkrai, Mewtwo, The pearl Dialga(drawing a blank on the name right now), and Garchomp.  Sorry that I work slow guys it will arrive eventually.  creature_standard is much longer than I thought and I wanna convert as many of the vanilla creatures as I can. (other than the big 5 civs)  

I don't want any vanilla creatures except the civs to still be there but I don't wanna just gut all the files of their creatures either. I wanna replace not remove when I can.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2008, 11:18:00 pm »

We need all the different teams as nuisances. You know; Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Galaxy, etc.

Also I'm trying to think of a good race to take over goblins. First thought was the teams till I figured that they never do much and are always taken down by a kid in the games so they are more a nuisance than anything else.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2008, 01:51:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Thingy Master:
<STRONG>We need all the different teams as nuisances. You know; Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Galaxy, etc.</STRONG>

While we're on the subject...  Link

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2008, 09:16:00 am »

quote:
Also I'm trying to think of a good race to take over goblins. First thought was the teams till I figured that they never do much and are always taken down by a kid in the games so they are more a nuisance than anything else.

That and I can't imagine them dressed up in steel plate mail armour.  :p

Hmm... is it possible to change the amount of enemies that appear during a siege? I was thinking more a few team members could herd hordes of other pokemon at your base to attack.

Chewy2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2008, 05:01:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Thingy Master:
<STRONG>First thought was the teams till I figured that they never do much and are always taken down by a kid in the games so they are more a nuisance than anything else.</STRONG>

They seem pretty competent in the amine, from a few episodes that I saw a long time ago.

Also, I'm talking about the other Team Whatever members, not Jessie & James.

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »

Now that I think about it we should have berries that can be picked (not farmed) that can be made into poffins/blocks that can be eaten but mainly used for trade.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]