Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: (renamed)Working on a pokemod.  (Read 10278 times)

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: (renamed)Working on a pokemod.
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2008, 02:17:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Keilden:
<STRONG>BTW you should use legendaries as MEGAbeasts and ubers as Semimega.
</STRONG>

that would result in 34 megabeasts, and what is or is not "uber" is a bit of an opinion thing, plus using regular pokemon as semimega would mean they dont breed and you can only encounter them in caves

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 05:30:00 am »

Hmm...  but the game doesn't really have enough effects in yet to represent all the elements.  I mean, there's not really any way to make a 'psychic' attack at the moment, is there?

Also, what about undead?  There's no way to turn them off, I think (although probably playing around with the tags to keep pokemons from leaving corpses would also avoid undead.)

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2008, 06:01:00 am »

I think in the current version you'd be stuck with zombies no matter what you try, as far as wilderness creatures go, but you can turn it all off in the next version with [CANNOT_UNDEAD] or something like that.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2008, 06:39:00 am »

Zombie pokemons would be cool..Why would you want to turn that off? :)
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 08:15:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Aquillion:
<STRONG>Hmm...  but the game doesn't really have enough effects in yet to represent all the elements.  I mean, there's not really any way to make a 'psychic' attack at the moment, is there?</STRONG>

ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:THOUGHT could be used to sorta simulate a psychic attack. BLUDGEON or maybe BURN could be appropriate damage types.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2008, 02:15:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Pickerel:
<STRONG>Maybe you could convince toady to make a... special... version with a few minor things changed for your mod.  Like, say, cages renamed Pokeballs.  I shall have pokeball traps all over the place...</STRONG>

Just wait for more things to go into the raws. We've got smelter reactions. It's only a matter of time before we can do renamings like this.

quote:
Originally posted by Keiseth:
<STRONG>*Shudders at the thought of a civilization wearing Pikachu leather clothes.*

I wonder if we'll see "'ere the Jigglypuffs get hungry" on the embark screen. I suppose also, in evil areas, you could run into undead pokémon, which is a very amusing thought to me.</STRONG>

The Gastly engulfs you!
You are paralyzed!
The zombie Butterfree bites you in the head!
It is torn off!
The zombie Butterfree spits out the dwarf head.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Keilden:
<STRONG>Zombie pokemons would be cool..Why would you want to turn that off?  :)</STRONG>

Because a skeletal Cubone skull skull helmet would be getting just too redundant for its own good.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2008, 04:03:00 pm »

Pokemon getting torn to pieces, butchered, eaten and bred for food, huge legendary Pokemon being slain by dozens of dwarves and subjected to the same fate. It's everything that pokemon wasn't! Do go on.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2008, 05:27:00 pm »

Sorry bout the lack of posts yesterday.  Been having computer trouble lately and most of yesterday involved every single one of my computers stripped down to their component parts.  I should be able to work on this for more of the day after today.  Today I need to mess with a bunch of settings and stuff to transfer all the settings and stuff from a hard drive that used to be a master to the new master hard drive.

I actually forgot all about the poison resistance stuff.  Probably because I haven't gotten to any poison stuff yet.(also maybe because I don't use the poison types much.)  But I will make sure I do the paralyze immune tags.

And I was origonally intending to have the legendaries as megabeasts.  Probably make the lesser legendaries like the birds, Uxie and them, Suicune and them, yadda yadda the semimegabeasts.  I might make the overpowered stuff like Garchomp a semimegabeast too.  I personally have a Garchomp in my competitive team and it seems overpowered with earthquake and max attack and speed EVs.

Right now I'm using burn for electric and some fire attacks, heat for the powerful fire stuff, cold for ice.  The bytype thought for psycic too.  Everything else right now I have to figure out what would be suitable.  Relicanth headbutts you for example. And Remoraid's water gun is just a 2:6 pierce attack with custom attack wording.

I like the idea of zombie pokemon.  Though that would be one of the things to go if I were to make a 'sunshine and flowers' version.  And I like cubone and marowak.  Maybe I could find some way to make them drop two skulls...

I'm surprised I managed to get yer attention Toady  ;)  Maybe that is a sign of the potential awesome this has.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Hidden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »

So how's the mod coming along?
hat''s it for now.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2008, 03:18:00 pm »

the spinning !!XXlawsuitXX!! strikes you in the wallet!

You feel Poor!

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2008, 05:34:00 pm »

It's going all right I'm mostly just adding little bits here and there. Not nearly the super speed(to me) rate I was going at first because I get tired of something like this too quickly if I work on it solely for a long period of time.

I've primarily been messing around with Armok 1 and an open source X-com game called UFO:AI that looks like it has potential.

I've been doing at least one creature per day but usually 3 or 4.  It should be sometime soon when I release something basic.  I think the only large creatures that I haven't changed yet that I intend to for this first one are the things in creature_large_tundra, creature_large_savage(which might just be removed since they are all redundant) and creature_standard.

EDIT:And normally I wouldn't worry about a lawsuit or anything for a mod like this but word is nintendo has been going around shutting down pokemon related stuff.  It would explain why POL (Pokemon Online)was down last I checked.

EDIT2: Since the last post I put in donphan, luxio and luxray(I like them) electivire is in but dosn't have a biome. Monferno and infenape are in, slaking is in with half standard speed, Vigoroth is in and so is Camerupt.  I think I added others but my files are spread between two computers at the moment because I am a prime example of superior organizational skills.

[ March 21, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2008, 01:17:00 am »

I'd actually suggest not using the legendaries. I also just play the games (and haven't even finished one since original R/B, although Mystery Dungeon is a lot of fun), but even within the game texts those are one-of-a-kind creatures. As it is, it's entirely possible the game would generate multiple Moltres, et cetera.

I think you're better off using the big, tough, upper-tier creatures as semi- and megabeasts.

Have you made a list of the monsters you're going to use? Or going to shoot for all ~500? ;D (craziness... too many pokemans these days)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2008, 12:09:00 pm »

Right now I'm just adding the creatures that have a vanilla equivalent.  The Lions have turned into Luxrays and Luxios, wolves are Mightyena, that kinda thing.  Once I get that finished I'm gonna release something and then start working on the popular ones, Pikachu, Garchomp, more eeveelutions, that kinda thing.

I've already added Dialga and Darkrai but I'll put "only one"s like them in a seperate file so it would be easy for someone to take them out until theres a way to do that.

I'm going to make TTar and Garchomp megabeasts too so you will still have some if you remove that file.  TTar because it's description in emerald(or was it FR) sounds megabeasty and it's powerful enough.  And Garchomp because mine regularly kills most legendaries in the online battles I have done.  I kinda feel bad using 'im sometimes.

[ March 23, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2008, 05:00:00 pm »

The spinning -Pokeball- strikes the Pikachu in the head!
Its left eye is blackened!
Its right eye is blackened!
Its brain is broken!
Pikachu pushes you.
You grab Pikachu by the head with your right hand.
You gouge out Pikachu's left eye!
Pikachu gives into pain.
You gouge out Pikachu's right eye!
((Commence bone-breaking and strangling, you get the idea))
Pikachu has bled to death.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4