Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: weapon tokens  (Read 1555 times)

nunix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
weapon tokens
« on: February 28, 2008, 03:56:00 pm »

Looking for information on these.

MINIMUM_SIZE: does this correlate with creature size? and how does the game figure this? My off-the-cuff assumption is that creatures make weapons either their size, or 1-2 sizes lower, and thus a dwarf-made sword can't be used by anything but a dwarf.. but I dunno about that, corroboration would be great.

MATERIAL_SIZE: No idea what this is. The amount of material used up in making it?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: weapon tokens
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 03:58:00 pm »

MATERIAL_SIZE is the amount of material needed to make the item, yes. A metal bar counts for 3, everything else (including adamantine wafers) counts for 1.

MINIMUM_SIZE is supposed to be the minimum creature size required to equip the weapon. In practice, I don't think it works. I've had pixies swing battleaxes at me.  :)

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Cosmonot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: weapon tokens
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »

Actually, when I was looking into this issue a while back, I found a req that stated that there's supposed to be penalties associated with using an oversized weapon, but that those penalties are also probably not working. It might be that there's supposed to be a point where you cannot use a ridiculously large weapon at all, but there's definitely supposed to be a middle area where you can use a big weapon at a disadvantage.
Kobolds carry copper crossbows.