Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobolds are useless  (Read 55 times)

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobolds are useless
« on: October 04, 2024, 11:33:32 am »

Kobold are useless. It's incredibly rare for them to survive world generation, and it's even more unlikely for them to actually show up at your fortress. And even if they do, I don't think I single Kobold has stolen anything that wasn't garbage or goblinite since 2010. They're always immediately spotted the moment they enter the map. They used to be a petty annoyance, but now they're not even worth that title.

What about adventure mode? It turns out that they're even more useless there. I've yet to stumble across a single Kobold camp that isn't in the middle of a civil war. I get that Kobolds are supposed to be weak, but they're even weaker when they have their backs turned.

Kobold should be buffed so they can better survive in worldgen. Creature AI should also be upgraded so ambushers are better at sneaking around. The Civil War phenomenon is probably caused by some sort of bug (maybe the utterances tag?)
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.