Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Legally Distinct Looter's Delight (8/8 - Waitlist open) - Turn 3  (Read 806 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legally Distinct Looter's Delight (8/8 - Waitlist open)
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2024, 05:09:14 pm »

Target detected. Man on a chair. So spotted, Tim moves to fire on them.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2024, 05:13:40 pm »

Which players, if any, can I see?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2024, 05:19:36 pm »

Which players, if any, can I see?
Per the map, you can see everyone except Tsumugi

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2024, 05:22:09 pm »

"Shit. Armored individual looks like bad news, let's scatter."
Orchid looks down at their gun as they flee the area.
"Cheers, though, let's swing for the fences with this one."
Take another shot at Blobby on my way out, they don't seem very human either way.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2024, 05:46:04 pm »

Spanish Cake heads towards the south-south-east, kinda the corner of the building nearest Blargh.  Lead pursuit-style, ahead of Blargh's path of motion.  "Eight date cake?"  If Blargh is close enough, batter batter swing with sword similar to the practice swings made earlier, trying to defeat this angry being.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2024, 06:16:23 pm »

I head Northeast, and then i start heading west along the coastline when I reach it. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2024, 06:26:05 pm »

Blobby punches Orchid with the bone gem.
she/her

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2024, 07:07:04 pm »

Cake Make BLARGH Angry! If Cake get near, Blargh kill...But smartly!

Manuver around Cake so my pen has time to grow. Once its a bit larger than his weapon, strike at him with the extra range!

"BLARGH HAVE NO TIME FOR CAKE! BLARGH LACTOSE INTOLERANT! BESIDES, CAKE NOT HEALTHY FOR BLARGH!"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2024, 07:09:25 pm by Megam0nkey »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2024, 08:06:35 pm »

Manuver around Cake so my pen has time to grow. Once its a bit larger than his weapon, strike at him with the extra range!

"BLARGH HAVE NO TIME FOR CAKE! BLARGH LACTOSE INTOLERANT! BESIDES, CAKE NOT HEALTHY FOR BLARGH!"

"Rake lake, snake!"  If he changes trajectory so lead pursuit doesn't make sense, do what makes sense.  Hi Blargh!  Perhaps we attempt an upwards strike for another type of 'high Blargh'.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2024, 08:32:55 pm »

Take cloak off for now, carrying it over left arm, to not accidentally wreck stuff and be inconspicious in a murderbowl game where everyone knows everything. Take a look inside the cabin. If there is nothing of note inside, head towards the current dogpile by the river. Kinda assuming I won't get quite there this turn either way.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2024, 10:28:24 pm »

What are the dark gray circles at the top of the map?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2024, 10:39:06 pm »

Huge stone pillars that go about 60 feet up.

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2024, 11:04:55 pm »

Michael quickly gets off the chair, sits on it again, quickly tosses a pebble or other small object to see how that works with the time stop, then gets off of it again to see if the time stop stays active while he is not on the chair.

Afterwards, he picks up the chair and walks to behind the nearest stone pillar, grabbing a fist-size rock if he sees one.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2024, 11:13:53 pm by Wolfkey »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2024, 12:39:07 pm »

Turn 3: First Blood

Target detected. Man on a chair. So spotted, Tim moves to fire on them.
Michael quickly gets off the chair, sits on it again, quickly tosses a pebble or other small object to see how that works with the time stop, then gets off of it again to see if the time stop stays active while he is not on the chair.

Afterwards, he picks up the chair and walks to behind the nearest stone pillar, grabbing a fist-size rock if he sees one.
No matter how many times Michael gets in and out of the chair, time doesn't stop again. Is he missing something? He's just folded it back up when...

<Michael/AGI:5> Tim, having gotten a bit closer, pulls the trigger, firing her suit's cannon; what looks for a second like a cannonball is really a group of fist-sized bats—no, bat-shaped drones—who disperse and fly at Michael! Michael moves up his plans and retreats behind the pillar, apparently taking himself out of their effective range; they return to Tim and crawl back inside her cannon.

"Shit. Armored individual looks like bad news, let's scatter."
Orchid looks down at their gun as they flee the area.
"Cheers, though, let's swing for the fences with this one."
Take another shot at Blobby on my way out, they don't seem very human either way.
Blobby punches Orchid with the bone gem.
<Orchid/DEX:1+0> Orchid panics and fires a round into the sky. There's no salvaging that one; even so, Thunderbird goes with it.

<Orchid/AGI:2-2><Blobby/AGI:3-4>
<Blobby/STR:2+3><Orchid/AGI:4-2><Orchid/END:4+0>

Before Orchid can shift gears from shooting to running, Blobby closes in. He throws a punch at their chest; it lands, and the bone-covered appendage feels less like a fist than a battering ram, cracking a couple of ribs. The gem also momentarily makes contact, but nothing happens.

I head Northeast, and then i start heading west along the coastline when I reach it. 
Rex arrives at the base of the hill. Looks like all kinds of crazy things are happening up top!

Spanish Cake heads towards the south-south-east, kinda the corner of the building nearest Blargh.  Lead pursuit-style, ahead of Blargh's path of motion.  "Eight date cake?"  If Blargh is close enough, batter batter swing with sword similar to the practice swings made earlier, trying to defeat this angry being.

<Cake/AGI:2+0><Blargh/AGI:3+0>
<Blargh/STR:5+2><Cake/AGI:6+0><Cake/END:1+0>

With the size of the initial gap, Blargh has no trouble keeping his distance until his pen grows to the size of a longsword; its trickle of ink now leaves a sizzling trail of melted grass in his wake. He goes in for the stab; Spanish Cake tries to grab it with his other hand, but is just a bit too slow. The pen strikes true, impaling his chest, crushing his ribs, and melting through his heart. He perishes instantly; his sword vanishes.

Spanish Cake has died!

<LUC:2> A briefcase covered in skulls, radioactivity signs, and other safety warnings materializes on Cake's corpse. It's shut tight, but a faint green glow shows through the gaps.

Take cloak off for now, carrying it over left arm, to not accidentally wreck stuff and be inconspicious in a murderbowl game where everyone knows everything. Take a look inside the cabin. If there is nothing of note inside, head towards the current dogpile by the river. Kinda assuming I won't get quite there this turn either way.
The cabin is well-kept but not particularly exciting. It has the necessities and more: chairs and a table, a wood stove, a fishing rod... A staircase on the right leads up to the roof. Seeing nothing terribly helpful, Tsumugi makes her way to the river. Nobody is there, but a murder appears to have happened over on the far bank.

Jim spawns on the west edge of the island. He can hear wind howling somewhere off to the east.

<LUK:4+1> A brass helmet fashioned to look like an open-mouthed dragon appears over his head. His breath suddenly feels very hot.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Slain players may waitlist with new characters.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 12:41:36 pm by Elephant Parade »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legally Distinct Looter's Delight (8/8 - Waitlist open) - Turn 3
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2024, 12:47:45 pm »

Hmm.. So it's spread? Well let's see if this works.
Tim moves closer, trying to cause the spread shot to form and force the man to approach or get hit. Aim to my right so they curve left.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4