Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Legally Distinct Looter's Delight (8/8 - Waitlist open) - Turn 3  (Read 818 times)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Legally Distinct Looter's Delight (2/8)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2024, 08:34:01 pm »

Seems I'm about 10 minutes short of playing outright so ready to go on the waitlist!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Legally Distinct Looter's Delight (8/8 - Waitlist open)
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2024, 08:50:08 am »

Welp, guess I'm too slow this time.

Not sure how much that'll matter, though. People will die fast, probably.

Name: Ethos
Description: A short, green-eyed elf in a neatly fitted robe embroidered with unreadable scriptures.
Stats:
 - Strength: -1
 - Endurance: +4
 - Agility: -1
 - Dexterity: -1
 - Affinity: -1
 - Luck: 0
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2024, 12:30:55 pm »

Turn 1: Welcome to the Island

Tim appears beside a river next to some rocks taller than she is.

<LUK: 4+4> A suit of red metal appears on the grass. With a hiss, the front opens for entry. It's not unlike a suit of armor, but it appears extraordinarily thin and right. The left arm terminates in a cannon, and there's an odd gap at the neck.

Spanish Cake exists, somehow. The half-collapsed stone walls around them look to have once been part of a house.

<LUK: 5+0> A sword with a blade of crackling, sky-blue energy appears in their hand. They slash the air experimentally; the blade reddens as it draws a stellar rift in the air, which closes and re-opens repeatedly. As the repetition ceases, the blade once again turns a cool blue.

Blargh here! Blargh angry! Blargh at the centre of a big red circle!

<LUK:2+0> A pen appears in his hand; it's the cheap switchable multicolor type, though it only has two colors: purple and red. Currently, purple ink drips from the tip; where it hits the ground, it sizzles and melts through the grass. Also, the pen appears to be slowly growing.

Rex spawns in the woods.

<LUK:5+4> A six-foot oak walking stick materializes in his grip. Several diamonds are embedded in the tip. Whenever he so much as moves it, the breeze seems to stir. If he were to point it at something in particular…

Blobby materializes between a forest and a river.

<LUK: 5+1> A blood-red ruby appears at his feet. He picks it up; it's warm to the touch. It pulses against his palm, and suddenly a layer of bone grows up his whole arm like an exoskeleton. It's less flexible than flesh, but extraordinarily hard. Goodbye, flabby blobfish flesh!

Orchid spawns on a wooded hillside.

<LUK:2+4> An old-fashioned long rifle appears, propped up against a nearby tree. The barrel is emblazoned with a golden eagle. As Orchid picks it up, they hear a voice: "You! Take up arms, my chosen wielder! Let me thunder across the plains once more!"

Tsumugi wakes up in the middle of a deciduous forest, where trees occupy half the sky.

<LUK:4+0> A tattered black cloak unfurls down her shoulders. The frayed ends drift here and there, as if carried by a nonexistent wind.

Michael From Accounting appears at the base of a hill and, somewhat more worryingly, at the edge of the floating island.

<LUK:2+2> A steel folding chair pops into existence just up the hill. It looks oddly inviting.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2024, 04:00:03 pm by Elephant Parade »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2024, 01:12:47 pm »

Spanish Cake is sure this is good, this is right.

If I can see out of this ruined building and spot the nearby circular whatevers that are near the edge of the island, I will approach them, cackling with joy and commenting about such fine piece of cake pieces of eight these each are.  This leads me towards Tim whoops, I mean Michael, but somewhat incidentally unless I can see him that far away.

If instead I can't see those, but can see that red circle and the furious Blargh within it, that's my direct goal, with commentary on how this isn't a piece of eight at all, what is it precious?  Is it precious?  What's it, it, it?

If I can't see either of those, I carefully explore whatever I see (I presume the inside of this ruin) commenting on wondering where the pieces of cake are, until I move enough to see either of those targets, or see the bridge to the southeast of the ruin.  I rather hope that's not what I see first, but if I do, that's where I wander towards, discussing enthusiastically with myself how the prettier the path, the farther from the pieces of eight, for all there may be cake.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2024, 01:23:13 pm by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2024, 01:20:10 pm »

Blobby makes his way upstream.
she/her

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2024, 01:23:02 pm »

Michael brings the folding chair to the top of the hill, and sits on it while surveying the island.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2024, 01:24:59 pm »

BLARGH need loot! Loot given by death! Blargh need death!

If anyone gets close enough to me, charge at them with my pen! Stab them in the eye with it!
Otherwise, look at the weird circle around me, scout out the area and determine any suitable hiding spots. I dont have the most effective weapon in my hand, afterall.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2024, 01:30:34 pm »

I test my staff on a nearby tree by pointing it, and then I make my way towards the river. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2024, 01:42:22 pm »

If anyone gets close enough to me, charge at them with my pen! Stab them in the eye with it!
Otherwise, look at the weird circle around me, scout out the area and determine any suitable hiding spots. I dont have the most effective weapon in my hand, afterall.
It looks like a circle of ochre paint. The closest proper hiding spot is the building to the northeast; if you just need cover, there are also the pillars to the northeast, the underside of the bridge to the southwest, and the rocks to the west (though you can already see someone standing by those).

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2024, 03:09:04 pm »

Head up the hill with my brand new friend, check for anyone who looks slow enough to take potshots at with the Death Rifletm
"Let's see if we can make some magic happen, hey? What's your name?"

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2024, 03:15:51 pm »

Head up the hill with my brand new friend, check for anyone who looks slow enough to take potshots at with the Death Rifletm
"I am the bane of serpents; I am the lord of mountain and sky; I am Thunderbird! And you, O my bearer, O unbloodied warrior?"

(When you say 'check', are you implying that if you do see someone, you'll shoot them in the same turn?

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2024, 03:23:32 pm »

"Call me Orchid. I intend to water the flowers here today."
(If they look slow or squishy, introduce them to my good friend here.)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2024, 03:47:19 pm »

Cover myself fully in the cloak and see if something happens. Jump around for a bit! Will it to do something, like hiding me! (I'm the terror on night's wings, he-he) If all else fails, say "What I'm even supposed to do with you, wonder-rag?" to it.

Head towards the building in the forest. Pick up a stick to bash hostile weirdos on the head with on the way.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2024, 04:04:39 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2024, 03:50:19 pm »

Step into the mysterious armor. Never gone wrong before.
Affinity Check. Fool's Luck don't fail me now, find me some targets to blast!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2024, 05:05:27 pm »

Turn 2: First Bone

Spanish Cake is sure this is good, this is right.

If I can see out of this ruined building and spot the nearby circular whatevers that are near the edge of the island, I will approach them, cackling with joy and commenting about such fine piece of cake pieces of eight these each are.  This leads me towards Tim whoops, I mean Michael, but somewhat incidentally unless I can see him that far away.

If instead I can't see those, but can see that red circle and the furious Blargh within it, that's my direct goal, with commentary on how this isn't a piece of eight at all, what is it precious?  Is it precious?  What's it, it, it?

If I can't see either of those, I carefully explore whatever I see (I presume the inside of this ruin) commenting on wondering where the pieces of cake are, until I move enough to see either of those targets, or see the bridge to the southeast of the ruin.  I rather hope that's not what I see first, but if I do, that's where I wander towards, discussing enthusiastically with myself how the prettier the path, the farther from the pieces of eight, for all there may be cake.
After leaving the building and passing some kind of trail that leads down below the cliff, Cake wanders along beside the pillars for a while.

Blobby makes his way upstream.
The rushing of the stream is sort of nostalgic, Blobby thinks as he reaches the base of the hill.

Michael brings the folding chair to the top of the hill, and sits on it while surveying the island.
As he sits in it, the clouds freeze in the sky and the distant figures all around him cease to move. No—the passage of time itself ceases; ceases for everyone but him. Six seconds later, it resumes as if it had never stopped.

It's just paint. The ruined building to the northeast looks like a decent hiding spot, now that that gentleman has left.

The pen is currently the size of a large knife.

I test my staff on a nearby tree by pointing it, and then I make my way towards the river. 
<AFF:1> A vortex of gale-force winds rips the tree's shallower roots straight up out of the earth! Slowly but surely, they expose more and more of it until the tree is tossed up into the air and shredded to pieces. And it doesn't look like they'll stop anytime soon.

One of the diamonds embedded in the staff shatters, leaving five.

"Call me Orchid. I intend to water the flowers here today."
(If they look slow or squishy, introduce them to my good friend here.)
<Orchid/DEX:1><Blobby/AGI:6-4><Blobby/END:4+3> That mountain of blubber lumbering up the hill looks like a good target. Orchid takes aim and pulls the trigger; with a clap of thunder, a huge steel ball rockets forth, carried in talons of thunder! Her aim is way off, but the Thunderbird tilts its body and the shot curves toward Blobby, who's a bit too slow to dodge. Still, the Thunderbird isn't a miracle worker; the steel ball only grazes Blobby's chitinous arm, scraping off a few flecks and delivering an electric shock that hardly even jolts him.

The bird returns to the gun, perches on the muzzle, and once again reappears on the barrel. "Worry not, O neophyte warrior! You will have more chances, and your next shot shall not miss!"

Cover myself fully in the cloak and see if something happens. Jump around for a bit! Will it to do something, like hiding me! (I'm the terror on night's wings, he-he) If all else fails, say "What I'm even supposed to do with you, wonder-rag?" to it.

Head towards the building in the forest. Pick up a stick to bash hostile weirdos on the head with on the way.
Whenever Tsumugi moves, an evil wind projects from the cloak and lashes out at her surroundings. The faster she goes, the stronger the wind; at a run, it can sever branches. She picks one up.

The building appears to be an old cabin. A door leads out onto the better half of the roof, where a table and chair are set up. The front door does not appear to be locked.

Step into the mysterious armor. Never gone wrong before.
Affinity Check. Fool's Luck don't fail me now, find me some targets to blast!

The armor fits well and is easy to move in. A trigger in the arm controls the cannon. With that figured out, Tim heads over to the hill, where she finds targets aplenty.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4