Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to stop guided minecarts from ripping dwarves to pieces?  (Read 102 times)

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to stop guided minecarts from ripping dwarves to pieces?
« on: September 27, 2024, 05:59:56 pm »

What the title says.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile

According to the DF wiki:
Guide: the dwarf will steadily walk the cart to its destination while seemingly ignoring all laws of physics. While being guided by a dwarf, minecarts will:
    Ignore the weight of any and all items inside.
    Ignore active working rollers.
    Will not collide with other guided carts even when a full frontal collision would be expected.
    Will ascend ramps with ease like a crundle scaling a cliff.
But, if the dwarf lets go of the cart because of a threat, things can happen.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I seem to have lost countless dwarves to guided minecarts. Perhaps I set some routes to push on accident?
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had issues in the of dwarves dropping minecarts to harvest crops, maybe that is a cause of the issue?