Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to gain vision in the dark  (Read 311 times)

Snowmist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How to gain vision in the dark
« on: September 14, 2024, 12:56:51 pm »

I want my human better explore underground part of dark goblin pit, but I can't find how to get night vision.

Even dw Hack seems not able to do this without change the whole setting of human race. The "LOW_LIGHT_VISION" creature token is a caste token, according to wiki. I can't find corresponding setting for my character in "gui/gm-editor" or "gui/gm-unit".

Maybe creating a new sub-specie for human, and change the caste data of my character?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: How to gain vision in the dark
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2024, 02:48:48 pm »

You would want to add the LOW_LIGHT_VISION tag to the creature in its raws. You should make a mod for it, select the HUMAN creature and add the tag. You could go through the steps to make a separate caste, but you don't have to. It doesn't affect a whole lot in terms of gameplay, so it's okay for all humans to have it.

You would have to generate a new world for this to take effect. If you want it to work on an existing world, you would have to add the tag to the vanilla human raws directly, and then make a new adventurer (raw changes don't affect existing units that have already been in-play.) Then you'd have to remember to remove that change so it doesn't affect every future game.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Snowmist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: How to gain vision in the dark
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2024, 06:39:04 am »

Thanks! I try to add an entry to my character by gm-editor, but it can only insert value, not entry. Plus I can find the token on a dwarf by using gm-editor. Maybe the only way is to set a new sub-specie.