Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: some zones allow seasonal deactivation settings  (Read 206 times)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
some zones allow seasonal deactivation settings
« on: September 09, 2024, 09:28:53 pm »

If zones could be auto-deactivated during some seasons, similar to how farm plots set to fallow are deactivated, then barracks, plant gathering, and fishing zones could force dwarfs away from that work during some seasons.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: some zones allow seasonal deactivation settings
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2024, 07:25:25 am »

This wouldn't be needed for barracks - military training already has a scheduling system of its own - but it would certainly be useful for the other zones that you mentioned - fishing and plant gathering.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: some zones allow seasonal deactivation settings
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2024, 11:12:32 pm »

This wouldn't be needed for barracks - military training already has a scheduling system of its own - but it would certainly be useful for the other zones that you mentioned - fishing and plant gathering.

I think barracks do need it.  Sometimes a dwarf will go drill on their own.  Even when not scheduled.  And they have other duties to do.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!