Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode running more slowly in steam version.  (Read 418 times)

NappyTheTired

• Bay Watcher
  • Why hello there
    • View Profile
    • Hawks Gaming Club
Adventure mode running more slowly in steam version.
« on: September 07, 2024, 01:10:57 pm »

Ive only recently gotten back to adventure mode, but I've noticed that the steam version is considerably slower than the old versions of the game in ASCII, is there anything I can do to speed up the game to an acceptable level? (I cant even slaughter whole goblin towers singlehandedly anymore, it hurts...)

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode running more slowly in steam version.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2024, 01:21:27 pm »

Maybe stop slaughtering hundreds of innocent civilians.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 01:24:16 pm by aSpatula66 »

NappyTheTired

• Bay Watcher
  • Why hello there
    • View Profile
    • Hawks Gaming Club
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2024, 01:28:00 pm »

Maybe stop slaughtering hundreds of innocent civilians.

They're civilians? so that's why they tried to kill me with nothing but punches...  :-X

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2024, 01:28:59 pm »

They don't try to kill you unless you attack them

Soldiers and nobility however will demand you identify yourself and attack if you tell them you aren't a member of their civilization
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 02:03:28 pm by aSpatula66 »

NappyTheTired

• Bay Watcher
  • Why hello there
    • View Profile
    • Hawks Gaming Club
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2024, 01:30:30 pm »

oops, I tried finding demons in those towers to kill, and ended up becoming one myself   :o   (seriously where the hell are they, I went into so many goblin towers and killed all of the inhabitants in the ASCII version and found absolutely nothing...)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 01:43:21 pm by NappyTheTired »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2024, 02:46:49 pm »

oops, I tried finding demons in those towers to kill, and ended up becoming one myself   :o   (seriously where the hell are they, I went into so many goblin towers and killed all of the inhabitants in the ASCII version and found absolutely nothing...)

Are you sure the towers you're pillaging are the capital of the goblin civ? That's generally where the demon lord resides.

Also, while I haven't yet been to one personally in the Steam version, in my experience goblin dark fortresses have always been slow.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2024, 02:49:55 pm »

The demon lord may simply just be already dead

NappyTheTired

• Bay Watcher
  • Why hello there
    • View Profile
    • Hawks Gaming Club
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2024, 06:15:38 pm »

Are you sure the towers you're pillaging are the capital of the goblin civ? That's generally where the demon lord resides.

The Demon hunting/Goblin extermination venture was in the old version of the game. I tried making sure it was their capital, yes.

As for the FPS though, it seems to be a lot slower even when im in the middle of a forest hunting down a goblin or some monster, Like 1/4th the speed of the game in the old ASCII mode version.

Also, while I haven't yet been to one personally in the Steam version, in my experience goblin dark fortresses have always been slow.