Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Alignment - N0  (Read 1943 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Alignment - D0
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2024, 07:20:24 pm »

I do not believe so, no.
As well, applying the Wounded isn't needed to fulfill my win condition, it's just a side effect.
Perhaps I should be clear. A shattered mirror, twisted by greed. Let me shine a light, and shatter thee.

record scratch.
That's better. Anyway, your claimed alignment doesn't actually work. In order to win, you must visit everyone. But to lose, someone must leave the game. We lose when someone fulfills a condition that removes them from the game. You don't take the deal, that's fine. But you're acting as if the deal was never seen in the first place. We can both win by targeting each other at the last. But nope, you have an ability to target the dead when I don't. Your action naturally wounds those you visit, I announce my presence loud and clear. You remove players from being actioned upon at all. It's not a role that fits the win condition I feel.

You have no need to visit someone a second time, and to do so would be against your wincon. You break the first agreement, you must play to your wincon.

As soon as you've "Eaten" someone, I vanish like an illusion. Echoes gone on the wind. The Sound of Music Silenced.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2024, 11:16:41 pm »

Quick reads of everyone.

TricMagic. Very thematic. Very very thematic. Probably impulsively submitted an alignment while giggling. Singing. Currently distrusts VermillionSkies' claim.

Now's your chance, now's your chance.

I don't have a ghost of a chance.

VermillionSkies. Rather upfront with their win condition claim. Inquisitive. Claimed win condition seems potentially difficult to fulfill. Role also seems fairly innocuous.

However, given that they claim to need to target everyone to win, and their night action targets living players, and their day action targets dead players, they would win faster if anyone died, so long as the death didn't cause them to leave the game.

Role flavor is spooky, but if I just assume that means their alignment is generally malign, then slap me, because making assumptions never ends well in closed setups.

Thriller, thriller night.

Imp. Playful as always. Claims a win condition that works with others to be achieved. Claims to want to be helpful. Claims the potential to increase power levels of other players. Not a cult leader, hypothetically.

Not Willy Wonka?

Claims a revive.

Awful lot of claiming, really, but Verm claimed their entire role basically, so maybe not as much compared to that.

Claims to remove Wounds, which VermSkies mentioned inflicting. I'm inclined to think Verm's win condition and Imp's are not incompatible.

At least, if all claims are true.

And how are you, said a cat that's just passing through.

Maximum Spin. Gods know I can't read Spin. Seems a bit detached, claims low-power and the ability to give a gift and the ability to win right now?

I'm inclined to think he's lying about at least one thing.

May or may not be a cult leader. If there's a cult leader and it's not Spin, that's a heckofa coincidence.

But, again, assumptions are killer.

How could there be

A sharper set of knives

Crystalizedmire. Explicitly claims the win condition of anti-cult. How 'cult' is defined seems a bit more flexible than win condition, though. If I'm reading this correctly, cult member is a role modifier which applies a status, and the status is what makes you cult?

And you were made of everyone everywhere

juicebox... barely present. Fine, fine, will probably talk more later. Being busy happens.

Who do we banish for the first day?

I really want to say Maximum Spin.

But after my previous bout of Spin paranoia, I can't really be trusted to remain objective, huh?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2024, 11:23:07 pm »

Wait, why the fuck are people voting Yes.

Why the fuck is Yes a valid voting option.

Oh gods.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2024, 12:00:34 am »

Juicebox, you're so quiet, I feel kinda scared.  You've seen what you wanna see and have nothing to say, no reassurance or clues to offer - so you're the worst of the worst, right?  Just here for the night game, and nothing else splatters?

watches the tangle between Tric and Verm  Huh.  So Tric happens to be a near-mirror-image of a player they opened with a vote on and discussed sending on a one-way commute.  Sure, that happens nearly every game.

Verm's info dumps are believable to me and are helping me try to figure stuff out.

Fal, nice.  Like the reads.  Fal, I can be Willy-Wonka-like for you, maybe.  But as-is, I'm mebby more like what's missing from this song+the therapist in this song..  Fal, if you wanna discuss what you do/don't wanna see happen to help your wincon along, listening.  You don't have a ghost of a chance?  You could be a player I'm looking for.  Some clues how to help you, more specific than giving you a golden ticket, would help.  After all, most of the folks who got Willy's ticket didn't do well; details would help.  To the cat, this is how I am, I hope.

Crystalizedmire, hrm.  Really has a totally different feel than the rest of us, to me.  Maybe not quite this level, but this kinda sorta.  Scares me nearly as much as Juicebox, though for different reasons.

Max:  Has probably learned how to soothe me.  Is very soothing to me so far this game.

Tric, do you share the same 'don't eat candy' issue as Verm claimed?  Is anyone else willing to claim if they can/can't eat candy/perhaps other food?

I'll mention that I'm aware that wounded condition, while it will kill on the second application, doesn't kill by stacking the same phase (based on my info about it).  The safer way for multiple-wounders to wound the same person is during the same phase.  So based on that info, when Tric suggested to Verm that they both target me tonight (I think that's what Tric meant??) it wasn't, I think, attempted murder; plus, Tric appears to be claiming he needs to visit everyone before the person dies (or loses, or wins).  I struggle to see why/how Tric could request or mess up requesting such a role/alignment/wincon; I'd expect Tric to go a killer route, but... I get that anything can happen.  Still, I don't know what to think about a Tric that isn't prepping to kill everyone, plus this Tric seems really into Verm.

I want to ask if anyone is willing to share if they already have any status tags.  I'm particularly interested in knowing if anyone already has either of:

undead

monster

I'm still interested in learning if anyone can refill shots.

I don't expect more folks to admit if they can wound - but seriously, stacking wounding all the same phase is way safer than spreading it out, especially if other folks can't also fix wounding and if we could get many wounds per cycle.  I currently fix 1 per cycle, and I can potentially win regardless of some deaths/wins/losses, so I won't stress much about this.

I confirm I can eat candy.  I don't eat corpses.  I do have a 1-shot revive; all info I have is it's a non-alignment change revive.  There's some status stuff involved, and I probably prefer to res someone who would otherwise lose; like if Verm died I'm more likely to res him who needs to target everyone instead of Crystalizedmire who claims can win when dead.  That's just my preference.

I want to reduce stress on my fellow players and I have a lot of ways to win.  I will try hard, unless threatened and pushed badly, to help ensure our wincon-challenged players who choose to claim such, which currently appear to be Verm and Tric, have a chance to target me before I win/lose/pop-out... whatever winning players do.

I can't agree to be the last player standing though.  I expressly lose if I'm the last alive.  I need live allies.  Happily I should have a wide range of possible allies and a lot of ways to help.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2024, 12:21:51 am »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2024, 06:55:26 am »

Tric, do you share the same 'don't eat candy' issue as Verm claimed?  Is anyone else willing to claim if they can/can't eat candy/perhaps other food?

I'll mention that I'm aware that wounded condition, while it will kill on the second application, doesn't kill by stacking the same phase (based on my info about it).  The safer way for multiple-wounders to wound the same person is during the same phase.  So based on that info, when Tric suggested to Verm that they both target me tonight (I think that's what Tric meant??) it wasn't, I think, attempted murder; plus, Tric appears to be claiming he needs to visit everyone before the person dies (or loses, or wins).  I struggle to see why/how Tric could request or mess up requesting such a role/alignment/wincon; I'd expect Tric to go a killer route, but... I get that anything can happen.  Still, I don't know what to think about a Tric that isn't prepping to kill everyone, plus this Tric seems really into Verm.
Step up to the stand~
Yes it's true. For we are mirrors, made of the same clay. Yet they kill, and would see me leave this game. Had they eaten the dead, a loss would be on their head. I would not see it, and neither would Phoenix. And so we'd fly, leave to the skies. Don't trust and bye, Vermillion seeks to drag on the lie.

The power to target the dead I do not possess. To kill another, a quick loss is inevitable, without a res.

I state this Loud and proud. I am no killer, so cross-examine as you like.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2024, 07:24:25 am »

I want to ask if anyone is willing to share if they already have any status tags.  I'm particularly interested in knowing if anyone already has either of:

undead

monster

I'm still interested in learning if anyone can refill shots.
No, no, and no.

Since you also made a comment about this, although you didn't ask: I do not believe I can win while dead.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2024, 07:40:46 am »

Step up to the stand~
Yes it's true. For we are mirrors, made of the same clay. Yet they kill, and would see me leave this game. Had they eaten the dead, a loss would be on their head. I would not see it, and neither would Phoenix. And so we'd fly, leave to the skies. Don't trust and bye, Vermillion seeks to drag on the lie.

The power to target the dead I do not possess. To kill another, a quick loss is inevitable, without a res.

I state this Loud and proud. I am no killer, so cross-examine as you like.

Cool.  Why'd you open with voting Verm and what about the asking about a one-way trip?

Did you know at the start of play that you were a mirror of their abilities?  If so, how and why given they don't seem to know that they're also a mirror of you?

Tric, to my careful reading of what Verm said, he could kill to visit twice, but only needs to visit once.  He never said he would visit twice.  I pointed out if we have someone with a redirect who wants deaths, he (or you) could be redirected to cause kills.

Wound mechanic's part of my info, I have decent info on it and I can fix 1 wound every single night.  So wounds don't even need to kill if people cooperate and play right; two+ causing wounds to the same target the same phase do not kill that target if that's the first wound that target is getting (something else could kill them, but that isn't the way they die by itself).

Nothing I've heard from Verm makes me think Verm wants or needs to kill.  Except folks could end up already wounded before he visits them, something he didn't seem to consider in the posts he's making - without extra help (like me removing their wound status, no idea if anyone else can) then Verm's later visit sounds like their second wound.

If it's just you and Verm wounding folks, you two are fine anyway because you or verm makes the first visit, gets cred.  Then the other of you makes the second visit; your target dies but you both visited; you both have independent credit and Verm doesn't even have a reason to eat that body for a visit, and you don't lose because they're dead.

But the cleaner way to coordinate that, since some of us are talking, is for you both (plus anyone else who has need to cause a wound) to visit the same not-already wounded person the same night.  That person only gets 1 wound despite multiple simultaneous wound-causing visits, and I probably really want and need to go fix 1 person's wound the following night anyway.  If something took me out, you guys still can just smoothly work together around the pack of players as long as there's other ways to res (if I wasn't visited by you before death) and everyone would end up with 1 wound (that someone else can fix even if I'm dead?) and all's good for you two.

Where am I wrong, Tric?  Because your hostility towards Verm makes you seem unrealistic to me and maybe not totally truthful, so I'm wrong or misunderstanding something, right?  Please help.

OMG, I'm Willy Wonka.  The one time I don't pick a Warehouse 13 and FoU nails it.  Maybe or maybe not literally, I'm sure I could be Warehouse 13 and get this exact role, what can't W13 be?  There's even the W concept in common.

But I do give some quantity of candy.

My candy does give powers.

Some of my given-candy-given-powers is blocking people from action, and being yourself unable to be blocked from acting.

I'd prefer to give this candy to people who reasonably would remain in the game for a longer time, and of course I prefer them to eat it.  Verm's claim he can't eat candy is super useful to me, because that helps me not decide to waste candy on him (I have other ways to win, but if you eat my candy you do help me move closer to winning.  It's a LONG trek with multiple possible paths through it)

Max, if we 'elim yes' do you immediately leave the game?  How immediate, do we doom Tric and Verm by losing you D0 before they can visit you N0?  I'm cool with helping you win, even very fast, and some others simultaneously losing doesn't mean I lose - but I prefer to support everyone I don't mechanically need to see lose.  The only folks I gotta see lose are those who have to see me lose or who won't allow me to progress even if they don't actually need me to lose but decide to hunt me (CM, that's potentially you.  100% true, swear to God, game master, and you having once called me the towniest town that ever towned --- I am not this game, at this time, a member of a cult.  If you win as soon as there's no cult members in play - you are hunting 1+ people who are not Imp.  I'm not anti-cult or pro-cult, but you have someone (or more than 1) that you can elim right now D1 and progress towards your wincon; if they can die N0 that's even better for you, I bet (all that presumes you're completely honest, I have no idea).

Max, would you still win if we elim yes D1 instead of D0?  So those who have to visit you or lose can do so N0, does that work for you?

People who might like to eat my 'so you can stop people from taking actions, unless they also at Imp's candy, and cannot be stopped from actioning' candy, I'm not going to choose folks who I don't think I understand.

Folks like Juicebox (among others) are not yet people I'd consider, I don't know enough about them to want them to have that kind of power.  Verm seems okay to me, except 'oh, he can't eat candy'.  Tric too, either he's unable to eat candy or whatever.  (this is fine for my wincon, I have multiple other ways to handle them for my wincon that doesn't require me to harm them - and if they die or lose I don't even have to consider them anymore, unless I want to bring one back and can; bringing someone back is part of my wincon but also not required for me to win.  And if some can give me extra shots, I get to help even more).

I'd rather group win than solo win.  I will accept enemies I/we must fight, but I just like the style of 'everyone possible wins'.  I'd win more slowly than needed to help ensure more others can win (others winning/losing is not part of my wincon; in fact if everyone wins/loses before me I for sure will lose) by preference and because that's fun for me - long as that's possible.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2024, 08:36:47 am »

Imp&Fallacy: I am technically hunting a status condition caused by the cult called [undead].
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2024, 09:57:17 am »

The dead rise, eaten alive. Do you leave, your job done?

Imp of song, hear me. It's not a thought in my head, if it's up to me this you see. I Target Crystal, banish the Skies. Stop the death, the skies bound. Next day comes, they yet live. And on the next night does Vermillion fall to crystal net. Such fulfills my condition, and stops Vermillion's dripping mission. Crystal see, that I work with thee.

My mission is simple, interact with all. No qualms, no lynch, I win my game.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2024, 10:18:24 am »

You seem very convinced that I'm going to kill someone, when it's been stated that it's against my best interest to do so.
I benefit from people who are already dead, but wounding them twice requires that I spend two nights and a day in order to gain something I already got the first time I visited them.
Are you concerned about the fact I can remove dead players from the game? Because from what you've said, you lose once a player dies to begin with.
I don't have any statuses in my kit other that Wounded, and my only role modifier is Connoisseur, which I gain by visiting three people, and which allows me to see the win condition of people I successfully visit.
Are these identical to your mechanics, or do you just have a vaguely similar win condition, Tric?

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2024, 11:23:47 am »

I don't think Tric understood what my wincon was.
I need to visit every player, alive or dead. If a player leaves the game while alive, I lose, and leave the game. I can still target players that are removed from the game, as long as they are dead. Once I have visited every player successfully, I leave the game.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10