Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Competitive Evolution Season 5 │ Joins Open │ Turn 11  (Read 3087 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution Season 5 │ Joins Open │ Turn 10
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2024, 12:43:35 pm »

Sorry for the delay. Ceiling collapsed. Writing turn now.

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2024, 04:30:59 pm »

TURN 11

Events

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-Asymptomatic viral outbreak: 2 Turns Left
-Parasitoid cysts: 1 Turn Left
-3 Turns until the evolution of kelp analogue.

The large dome volcano down southeast had a series of minor eruptions that resulted in ash clouds that landed around the lake, invigorating plant life for short while, and adding plant mutagens into the water. This has started something... A chain reaction.

A clade of protoanimals have emerged from the parasitoid cysts. These small, red, fluffy mites of muscle tissue eat whatever that is under their digestive underside and are NPC vermin, providing the basis of a currently small new niche.

Actions

The Biomes

The Mountain Lake | Freshwater Lake | (21 species in total)
  -Secondary Consumers
  -Primary Consumers

Cladogram

Soooooooo... 40.000 characters limit... FUCK!!! Okay, calm down... I am gonna come up with something...

I did promise NPC vermin... So here it is. You now have a new niche to try and conquer all at once.

Crystal seems to be taking the competitive part of ''Competitive Evolution'' pretty seriously.

There can only be one apex predator at a time in a given ecosystem.

Okay Paladin. I made it faster. Happy? No, you can't get rid of it, I WON'T LET YOU!!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 12:30:13 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2024, 04:31:17 pm »

« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 06:20:39 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2024, 04:31:35 pm »

« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 06:21:03 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2024, 05:01:43 pm »

See-All Starwing
Evolve a chemical pigmentation system to change colors actively to blend in.
SS Roll: Develop a method of communication among it's species to signal danger, food, safety, and/or courtship using colors, movement, and flashes.

Ursaline Starwing
Evolve a segmented beak from it's proboscis, allowing a greater ease in eating prey or ripping up plants or corpses.
Improve it's dorsal fin to spread into a tail for faster movement.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution Season 5 │ Joins Open │ Turn 11
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2024, 06:23:47 pm »

Could you provide a little feedback on how usable the new format is? It is weird and unintuitive, but 40.000 limit makes these things necessary.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Aeranthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2024, 07:36:54 pm »

The format seems fine to me, I didn't really have much of a problem reading it. The new niche and incoming kelp analogue seem like they'll be plenty of fun to deal with as well!

1: Speciate the Swarmer Stumper:
                                              Variant A: Develop a eusocial structure where only a few of the Stumpers breed, while most others see to their defense and care.
                                              Variant B: Stay relatively individualistic, but cut back greatly on the herding behavior, only gathering in herds of only 100 or so at most, primarily around Variant A.
              2: Have Variant A begin feeding on plants and dead animals, acting as an herbivore that subsidizes it's diet with scavenging.
              3: Have Variant B begin feeding on Variant A.
            SS: Have Variant B grow larger, using the larger size primarily to bully other creatures away from areas Variant A reside.

Not quite certain how this idea will turn out, but it should be interesting regardless of what happens, at least. Also, I hope your ceiling gets fixed, and that no one was hurt when it rudely decided to collapse. Bloody architecture, can't believe it would do something so crass.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 01:13:05 pm by Aeranthos »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2024, 07:42:02 pm »

1. Colorseer Harpoonworm mutates the harpoons to be connect to the digestive system. Become vermin eater
2. Sagely Quillworm evolves acidic foregut
3. Wriggling Paddleworm becomes more flat/fishlike, eyes go to the side
SS: Watchful Quillpede evolves colour cones
Could you provide a little feedback on how usable the new format is? It is weird and unintuitive, but 40.000 limit makes these things necessary.
I think they look fine. Can't wait for kelp forests
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 10:02:51 am by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2024, 07:52:54 pm »

Soooooooo... 40.000 characters limit... FUCK!!! Okay, calm down... I am gonna come up with something...
Hitting the character happened surprisingly early. I expected at least half a year before that happened. Although, that might just been because your turns are quicker.
Crystal seems to be taking the competitive part of ''Competitive Evolution'' pretty seriously.
I have to make another player's species extinct otherwise I'm the only player who let a species go extinct!
Okay Paladin. I made it faster. Happy? No, you can't get rid of it, I WON'T LET YOU!!!
Cannibalism! Yum!
she/her

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2024, 08:01:50 pm »

• Launcher Flatfish: Make antennae green and resembling the watergrass.
  • Launcher Flatfish: Evolve reproduction with gamete transfer via the tail and eggs deposited underground.
  • Shoaling Pearfish: Evolve resonating organs between the eyes that can detect sound waves in the water.
  • SS: Shoaling Pearfish: Evolve vibrating tissue in the throat that produces sound used by lost shoal members to allow them to meet back up with the shoal.

I think the new format works fine. Good luck with the roof!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2024, 08:14:05 pm »

Good luck with the roof!

We already fixed it. Thanks though.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2024, 10:47:57 pm »

I have to make another player's species extinct otherwise I'm the only player who let a species go extinct!
If you aren't careful a second of yours will go extinct. Grassbacks are at 90 while your Colorseer Harponworm is at 40.

There are benefits to focusing on a solid base before speciation. Mine aren't like to die out anytime soon.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 10:50:44 pm by TricMagic »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2024, 06:02:35 am »

Nightstalker Starwing
1:Change the wavelenght of bioluminescence so it's heavily shifted towards red. Only visible to those with advanced sight, like other starwings.
2:Mucus cocoon to sleep in during the day to protect themselves from parasites and predators, derived from the fertilizing biofilm.
3:A more specialized digestive system, with a larger, more acidic stomach and proportionally shorter intestines to maximize meat digestion efficiency.

Prickly Starwing
SS vote: Males develop a specialized pouch during mating season, allowing a single male to host the offsprings of multiple females inside them.

Is the fertilizer Biofilm going vestigial soon for the predatory starwings? i am not sure what they use it for.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2024, 08:24:14 am »

Actually, I’m very happy. 

Weirder Whipfish:
1) Faster reproductive speed (SS)
2) Grow more of the defensive-offensive spines
3) Grow more movement fins 

How exactly would I go about making a species go extinct?  How would I become apex predator?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2024, 08:44:33 am »

Apexes eat everything. You seem to be going for more defense than offense. And the See-all Starwing has a lot of offensive mutations.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8