Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like to see more of in this game?

Swordmasters.  Duh
- 1 (50%)
CHAINSAW CLERICS
- 1 (50%)
Muscle Wizards
- 0 (0%)
Batman Cops
- 0 (0%)
Soul Fists
- 0 (0%)
Beardomancers
- 0 (0%)
Killer Rabbits of Caerbannog (look it up)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: SWORDMASTERS (6/~6)  (Read 3271 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
SWORDMASTERS (6/~6)
« on: August 15, 2024, 03:37:29 pm »

SWORDMASTERS

It is the year 1141.  The CHURCH OF THE CHAINSAW has revealed that they found the legendary blade CAN DO EVERYTHING, a weapon that can warp reality in accordance with its wielder's wishes, in one of their deepest vaults.  Now Swordmasters like yourselves have been pouring in to the capital city, Weaponopolis, in hopes of attaining CAN DO EVERYTHING.  But beware, the CHURCH OF THE CHAINSAW will not give up CAN DO EVERYTHING easily.  And what is more, the evil cult of the Double Barrel Disciples and their Gunpriests are rumored to be seeking CAN DO EVERYTHING too, hoping to reforge it into one of their vile guns. 

Spoiler: YOU (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SWORDS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SWORDMASTERS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CHARACTER SHEET (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 08:20:54 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SWORDMASTERS (Recruiting) (0/6)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2024, 05:36:14 pm »

I want in despite having very little time.  Apparently I think I'll make time and it'll be fine.

I am also confused.

When I submit my sheet, what can I put here?

Items: (List all your not-sword stuff here.) - what's allowed?  Like lands, property, titles, slaves, pets, clothes, food?

What should I put here? 

Swords: (List the names and SUPER MOVES of all your swords here, and indicate if they are on cooldown or not, and, if so, how long they've been on cooldown for.) - Do I just give you the name or am I supposed to provide you its supermove and other various related powers, or do you tell me that after I just give you the name?

Description: How about an image?  With my first weapon, even?  Or do you want a written description?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2024, 07:47:57 pm »

Items is just pretty much anything you're carrying in your pockets/backpack.  Think 1920s tech level, but radio technology is smaller and TVs are as common as they are nowadays.  You don't have any money though, as Weaponopolis currency (chips) is pretty much only acquirable/useful in Weaponopolis.  As a side note, Swordmasters tend to be on the more ascetic side, not because of a belief that material possessions corrupt or anything like that, but more due to the philosophy of "Why would I buy fancy clothes when I can instead buy more swords?"  It's a generalization, so you could be one of the many exceptions. 

Under Swords just list the name of your first sword (remember, three words, all caps or you lose it), and I'll decide the miracles/super move.  Miracles should be pretty intuitive though. 

An image is fine, the description part is really just there for obligatory roleplaying purposes. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2024, 08:06:02 pm »

Spoiler: SHEET (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2024, 08:12:45 pm »

Name: Blade Itself
Description: A flesh-thing dressed in a plastic shower curtain re-tailored into a kimono.
Wounds: Nada
Swords: KILL CHOP DELUXE
Items: Letter Opener, Meat Cleaver, Sharpened Rebar, Sharpened Fountain Pen

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2024, 08:17:28 pm »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2024, 08:42:50 pm »

Miracles: can behave as a nonmagical, simple tool (no moving parts), can turn invisible, can turn incorporeal, lets you convince anyone you choose that you are completely unarmed and harmless. 

SUPER MOVE: NOT A SWORD phases partially into nothingness for a few swings, allowing its user to choose what affects it and what it passes right through.  Additionally, in this state NOT A SWORD becomes much sharper, sharp enough to hack through even other magic swords with a few swings. 

Name: Blade Itself
Description: A flesh-thing dressed in a plastic shower curtain re-tailored into a kimono.
Wounds: Nada
Swords: KILL CHOP DELUXE
Items: Letter Opener, Meat Cleaver, Sharpened Rebar, Sharpened Fountain Pen

Miracles: Instantly prepare meat, do that thing where you cut up meat and somehow end up with more than you started with, turn anything into its deluxe version (if ith has one), instantly kill very small animals, fid the way to the nearest source of raw, cut meat. 

SUPER MOVE: KILL CHOP DELUXE goes into a frenzy, dragging its wielder a short distance, and when it stops, hacking back and forth into its target.  This ability can chew through several feet of mundane materials, and can still be directed by KILL CHOP DELUXE's wielder. 

Miracles: Never let you forget anything, make someone remember something, write secret messages that are only visible to those you choose, plant a fake but very very plausible memory in someone's head

SUPER MOVE: ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS causes the target to acutely remember the events of the next second.  The events are trapped in the person's mind, disorienting the target and causing them to lose focus.  This SUPER MOVE can affect one more powerful target or several weaker targets. 

Remember that the miracles listed here are only examples, you can do more than what ii list so long as it can be reasonably justified as part of your sword's sphere. 

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SWORDMASTERS (Recruiting) (3/6)
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2024, 09:01:57 pm »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2024, 09:15:49 pm »

Yes!  I can totally do the 'These are not the droids you are looking for' thing, and it might even work!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2024, 09:16:19 pm »

dragging its wielder a short distance, and when it stops, hacking back and forth into its target.
🤨
Did you just refer to KILL CHOP DELUXE as "it"? KILL CHOP DELUXE is KILL CHOP DELUXE.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2024, 10:00:00 pm »

dragging its wielder a short distance, and when it stops, hacking back and forth into its target.
🤨
Did you just refer to KILL CHOP DELUXE as "it"? KILL CHOP DELUXE is KILL CHOP DELUXE.

I obviously did not.  I referred to the SUPER MOVE as being wielded.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 10:02:05 pm by BlackPaladin99 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2024, 03:55:09 am »

Name: Swordhaver McHasasword
Description: A bearded man wearing a large hat and a trench coat, nothing suspicious about him, nothing at all.
Wounds: None
Swords: DEFINITELY NOT GUN
Items: Sawn-off Shotgun, shotgun shells, Sword Cleaning kit that has a secret compartment to hide the shotgun inside.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2024, 04:56:56 am »

Name: Fathglorhtag
Description: A ball of flesh with tendrils it can use to grasp with.
Swords: OCCAM'S SUPER RAZOR
Items: a trench coat, barber's tools, a large suitcase.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 09:29:35 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2024, 07:35:31 am »

Miracles: Limited ranged telekinesis (with cat paw strength/fine manipulation ability), make cat noises appear out of nowhere, make someone believe something utterly impossible until confronted with its impossibility, make nobody in a room verbally contradict you. 

SUPER MOVE: IMPAWSIBLE YET UNDENIABLE causes you to make a truly putrid cat pun, which causes those who hear it to reel out of sheer disgust and lose some ability to defend themselves as they retch because of your pun. 

Name: Swordhaver McHasasword
Description: A bearded man wearing a large hat and a trench coat, nothing suspicious about him, nothing at all.
Swords: DEFINITELY NOT GUN
Items: Sawn-off Shotgun, shotgun shells, Sword Cleaning kit that has a secret compartment to hide the shotgun inside.

Miracles: make people fixated on any sword they see, make people go into a gun-hating frenzy, make people agree with you on one thing until they have cause to disagree with you again, find the nearest gun, have people hide guns in your presence

SUPER MOVE: DEFINITELY NOT GUN turns into any one thing you choose that is not a gun for a duration depending on its complexity and combat usefulness.  If the thing is expendable, DEFINITELY NOT GUN reappears in your hand after you use it.  For instance, a ballista or a grenade would only last a few seconds, a car or a drill would last a few minutes, and a shovel would last a few hours.  The cooldown restarts when the item turns back. 

Name: Fathglorhtag
Description: A ball of flesh with tendrils it can use to grasp with.
Swords: Occam's Razor
Items: a trench coat, barber's tools, a large suitcase.

I'm sorry, but Occam's Razor is obviously a razor and not a sword.  Its name isn't anything like that of a true sword.  You stole it from a random schmuck named Occam, along with a can of shaving cream, and he would really like it back.  Maybe you can acquire a proper sword in Weaponopolis. 

(You might want to read the spoiler marked "SWORDS" a little bit more carefully.) 

Turn 1 coming when everyone organizes their sheets.  Also, please bold your actions and post your sheet along with them. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 08:12:44 am by BlackPaladin99 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SWORDMASTERS (6/~6)
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2024, 02:23:30 pm »

OCCAM IS RAZOR
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6