Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Full Metal Dress: Shocking Developments!  (Read 3075 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Full Metal Dress: Awake
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2024, 08:13:27 am »

Play!  Toy tank is cool.  Summon it up some friends, and go through the steps.

-Can I control it with my mind?
-Can it shoot?
-Can I make one that shoots?

Then try a couple more things.

-Living creature!  Can I make an extra-tiny squirrel that moves on its own?

-Tiny Sword!

-Tiny Flaming Sword!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2024, 08:39:36 am by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2024, 09:44:31 pm »

Kora looms over the brat.

"Didn't mean it, eh? That why you brought a tire iron to a fistfight? How you gonna make it up to me, huh?"

Extortion. Money, possessions, service, information, anything will do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2024, 07:24:57 am »

((I think it's been long enough now to gently remind the remaining three players who haven't posted yet. That's a signal that I'm serious about this, right?~))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2024, 06:56:42 am »

"Ahhh, food, wonderful!  I forgot breakfast today.  How about you, Shade?  What would you like to eat?"

Go get food at the bistro!  Keep an eye out for other magical girls, but do actually get breakfast.  And ask Shadesoul about her ears!  Are they surgically added or natural?  If the former, Francesca will pester her with questions about the surgery, how it felt, how long adjusting to them took, etc.  Also, whether she's interested in more surgeries in the same vein.  Ask that even if they're natural.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2024, 03:27:16 am »

"Uh, Violet? Who's your friend?"
Lowering the axe but taking it with her, Icatrina walked over to stand beside Violet, eyes on the floating thing.
"Spice, I think you called yourself? What do you need exactly?"

if Violet says something along the lines of 'Cat, who are you talking to? I don't see anyone there.' - then:
"What? But... Oooookkkkaaaaayyyyyyy."
and Icatrina releases the axe she's holding, sliding the axe-head to the ground and then dropping the handle.
"Violet, I'm seeing some kind of hovering robot, and it's asking me for help. I... I think I'm fine. I don't feel sick or anything..."
"Spice, could you come over here real quick?"
and if Spice gets into grabbing range, Icatrina attempts to grab it, seeing if she can prove that it's real by having it tug in her grip or by putting something visible on it or otherwise interacting with it to reveal the machine to the outside world.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2024, 05:18:50 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2024, 12:53:18 pm »

PTW.

Hi Egan.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2024, 10:06:10 am »

Anna-Leigh her level best not to hyperventilate or panic. It was very easy to know the world was wrong. As difficult as her sight made looking at and pointing out the troubles, it was entirely too simple to listen at the corners and feel the distorted thrum of conversation - to feel the tension in people and realize that something was starting to fray at the edges. It was exceedingly simple to ask for the power to help, to know something was terribly out of place and believe that someone should do something about it.

Anna-Leigh was rapidly realizing that adding 'and that someone is me' to that mental sentence was really, really hard. She looked at her weaving. She looked towards the direction of the distant lights.

"Don't ask for what you don't want," Anna-Leigh muttered, repeating one of her grandmother's maxims as she tied off her weaving with hands that were in no way shaking. She'd just go for a little walk, see if these distant lights were anything real. Yep, just a little walk. Outside. Quick, easy, in and out.  On her way out she'd grab something light snacks, dried fruit and some of yesterday's bread. She'd tell mama she wanted to eat under the sun, which should make her happy and buy a little time. Even if nothing at all happened and it was all in her head, it would be a lovely outing and she was in no way attempting to rationalize the borderline comedic insanity and irrationality of her actions.

As a last minute addition, along with a shawl to shade her eyes and prevent the sun from completely blinding her, Anna-Leigh added a chaghoo to the inside of her skirt. Could she use it against anything more violent than a rug? Probably not. It did, however, make her feel better about going outside.

Pack a light lunch and an emotional support knife, then head out to the closest of the seven lights.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2024, 11:33:50 am »

PTW.

Hi Egan.
((Yo Eschar!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2024, 03:27:31 am »

"Hmm? Oh, I could go for some steak and eggs. Do you think there's really any good food in this dirthole, though?"

"The ears? Yeah, there was surgery. It's not that hard. The worst was when they had to slice off the ears I already had, and a joint off the top of my fingers. See, I got claws now. Cool, huh? Anyways, after that it was all just waiting around and sleeping a lot, they don't want ya to move while the stuff grows in an' integrates with your nerves. The stuff doesn't come fully grown, it's like a jelly of organic stuff over a mesh to give it eventual structure, so I couldn't really do anything but sit around and play videogames for a couple months. Ah, it was fine, though, I had a backlog to get through."
The merc tilts her head when Fransesca asks if she would want more mods.
"Nah, why would I want that? I've already got the best one.

As they get closer to the Bistro, Fransesca notes that it's of sturdier foundation than the other buildings, made from high quality masonry rather than somewhat cruder hand-molded bricks. In terms of architectural style, it seems as though it's been transplanted here from somewhere else. She directs her attention towards the base of the building, and notes that the foundation appears to be floating about half a foot over the muddy ground. The difference isn't that immediately notable, but... that's not normal.
Of course, Fransesca is not deterred by this fresh mystery. She pushes open the front door, making the chimes attached jingle. Inside there's a counter and some tables, and absolutely nobody is about.
"Huh. I guess they're not open? But- eh, that much be it. Let's go somewhere else, okay kid?"

Before the bodyguard can turn around to leave, though, a female voice fills the room from ceiling-mounted speakers.
"Greetings, magical organic, and... organic. I am The Dragon. It is good to see you. Feel free to walk my halls.
"Oh. Well, do you have steak and eggs? I'm hungry.
The voice pauses for a moment. ...Yes. Have a seat.

As the mercenary takes a seat at the bar, another girl walks in, who is described like this:
Slight of frame, Anna-Leigh is slightly on the taller side for her family - but this is saying only that she'd come just short of average. Long fingered and slim boned, Anna-Leigh tends to neutral or contemplative expressions - and her poor vision since birth means that while her facial expressions are honest - she's terrible at reading them and her own are a bit... off. Shy by nature, and having spent much of her young life training as a weaver, she rarely draws attention to herself and is often half-shied back from any significant grouping of people.

[Gained Knife, Snacks]
Anna-Leigh makes her excuses to her mother. She feels her mother's gaze look through her, sharp. But not cold.
"Stay safe. You can tell me about it after."

Then, she's out in the world. The distant lights have faded now, but Anna-Leigh remembers the way to the brightest of the nearby ones. The thought of using the same... power as last time is exhausting, but she doesn't need it. She just needs to focus and use her senses, including the new ones.
Soon, she's standing before a strange place, a restaurant that doesn't belong here. She's sure that she doesn't know anybody in the village who runs it, or who's visited. This isn't the strange part, the strange part is how the entire building seems to her new sense, blazing with power and purpose, a vivid green. Strength, and gentleness, and... a cloak. Despite all the power, something hidden away.
Hand trembling, she opens the door and steps inside.

Within, she finds another girl, who is described like this:
Taller than average, and a little overweight.  She wears white pants, a heavy belt, and a long white coat, all festooned with many pockets and pouches--half of which tend to be filled at any given moment.  She only ever wears heavy boots (much to the chagrin of the maids), and of course, she's virtually always wearing a smile; you're never full dressed without one, after all!
There's also an armed thug sitting at the bar, apparently waiting for food.

"Huh? Who-"
Violet turns to face the bot, and nearly leaps.
"W-what's that? Is it a bomb?"

Spice waves awkwardly at the girl. It speaks in a different manner now, with the scratchiness of a well-worn speaker rather than the crackle of radio.
"A-ah, my apologies, miss, I am Spice. A- ah, interstellar magical robotic alien visitor? I must apologize-"
"You came from space? What planet are you from? Can you tell me more about it?"
"Well, certainly!.. Some other time. You see, we really must be going, time is of the essence!" It looks hopefully at Icatrina, as if prompting her to support this notion.

[Extortion 3d6: 8 Charisma+1 Rat+1 = 10]
The rat flinches back and hesitates, as if slightly incredulous that Kora's not already beating the snot out of him.
"I-I'll do anything! Please, let me help you, uhh, somehow!"
Not very creative or proactive. Still, he looks absolutely terrified, so Kora could probably give him some direction and he'll follow it. At least until his pea-brain forgets how scary she is.
[Gained 'Follower']

Diane quickly summons up a handful more tanks to be buddies for the one. They're easy enough to make, but she does feel a slight bit of exertion.
[-1 Mana]
She tries to mentally command the tank to fire. She tries, really, really hard! It doesn't seem to work, though.
"C'mon, just shoot."
One of the tanks does a little salute and then spits out a pea-sized sphere of metal without much force. The other tanks do a little cheer and shoot as well.

Next she gathers her power to try to make a tiny little squirrel. Just visualizing it is a bit harder than with the tank, with smooth organic lines and countless tiny hairs and... something like its own life, independence, the ability to perceive and choose.
[Creation 3d6: 11 Virtuous+1, Difficulty-2 = 10]
[-1 Mana]
The creation appears at first like a tiny lump of something glowing, faintly. Something not quite a mathematical solid, something alive, pulsing. It grows, bit by bit, expanding by strands and lumps, until there's something like a tiny, tiny, tiny fetus of something animal-shaped, pulsing with its own strange life. Then it starts to unfold, drawing from its surroundings, a strand grabs from the created tanks, from the dust, from the window and the windowsill, and a tiny needle pricks into Diane's hand, leaving a single drop of blood to roll down. And the thing, whatever it is, takes in all of these things and changes, shifts through hues. Brown and green and blinding white and an odd purple. And it unfolds. And unfurls it's limbs.
Standing there on the windowsill is a living thing which is possibly not really anything like a tiny squirrel. Its gaze meets its creator's.

And then it opens the window and jumps out, disappearing.

[Command 3d6: 11 Virtuous+1, Charisma+1 Impossibility-2 = 11]
[-3 Mana]
The chains rear up defiantly in response. Their rattling is a scream.
WE
A desperate plea for understanding.
CANNOT
They let go.
REACH

The chains dangle inverted, facing the sky. They are not enough. These are beings of the earth, bound to the earth, they cannot reach the sky! The sky, where the great predator-wasp dwells! The difference is a physical constant, or at least, it is to them.
Exhausted, the grains of stone and asphalt fall to the earth. They cannot be what they were meant to be, so they cease to be.
[Intuition 3d6: 8 Awareness+1 = 9]
Seven isn't sure what to make of that. However, the vile flying machine remains undefeated, for now.

[Aggro: 4]
The buzzing beast cries out once more with the same voice Seven heard cry out in rage.
"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT, JENKINS? WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THAT WAS, SIR? WELL LOOK IT UP IN YOUR GAY LITTLE DICTIONARY JENKINS!!"

Spoiler: Anna-Leigh - Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Seven - VermilionSkies (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2024, 05:21:23 am »

Posting to watch!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2024, 05:25:52 am »

((Hi Nakeen!))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2024, 03:49:08 pm »

I can't just run off and abandon Violet
"Spice? What do you need me for? Shouldn't you be asking an adult?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2024, 04:17:16 pm »

"Thank you all. I will never condemn you for failing, merely for ceasing to try. I will call you once more, in time."
Seven steps forward, towards the air-beast.
Hopefully this works.
"Wings."
She gazes upwards, before willing herself towards the machine.

// If my chains can't reach from the ground, let's see what happens if I call the chains out from the helicopter itself! //

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2024, 11:31:02 am »

Francesca hops into the seat next to Shade, calling out her own order. "I'll have prrench toast, Miss Dragon!  Oh, and bacon, and an orange!  And perhaps a cup of morphine, if you could manage?"

Then she turns to the other girl, standing at the building's entrance.  Francesca waves to her excitedly, flashing the girl a winning smile and immediately beginning to blabber loudly at her.  "Hello there, new friend!  Are you in danger?  Or did Spice Falls talk to you?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2024, 02:59:39 pm »

Kora grinned.

"Alright Rat, first order of business: Find me something good to eat. You're good for that much, right?"

Once my minion scurries off, keep looking for trouble.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4