Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Full Metal Dress: Shocking Developments!  (Read 3070 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Full Metal Dress: Shocking Developments!
« on: August 12, 2024, 11:30:34 pm »

An RP about growing up in a nation afflicted with war, and also being a magical girl and fighting evil space aliens.
Your home, the Republic of Lysir, is an ancient and beautiful nation of tall mountains and lush jungles all the way to the frozen sparkling ocean of the north. For as long as you have been alive, it has been at war. You never really understood why the war started, it happened before you were born, but you know the gangs and bandits, the foreign soldiers so far from home, the distant sound of bombs at night. You couldn't name every group and interest involved, there are too many and it's not really your problem. Either because you can't leave or you won't, Lysir is your home, war and all.
In a dream, a strange being greeted you, a single orb of deepest blue. He offered you power and a purpose, and despite the danger you took it. Because danger is already everywhere. Because power gives you the chance to do something about it. Because you can make a difference.
Because if you don't, They will take your home.

The Vour have come to Earth. Terrible corrupt flesh with no soul, they pose as humans and plot to use your whole species as a weapon in a conflict of unimaginable scale. In the chaos of your war, they see opportunity to infect and spread undetected, steal and consolidate power until they are ready to rule the world.

Spoiler: charsheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Anna-Leigh - Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Seven - VermilionSkies (click to show/hide)

Waitlist
Crystalizedmire
BlackPaladin99
« Last Edit: October 02, 2024, 02:34:58 pm by Egan_BW »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Full Metal Dress
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2024, 11:35:02 pm »

((Something inside me got impatient and said to stop procrastinating on this game, so here it is! Most of that OP was written a while back, so let me know if things are weird. I'll be taking five-ish players. Probably not six, surely not. But if six people are interested in this game, I'll be thrilled and maybe admit that many in a fit of exuberance!

I was going to write out a list of available powers and buyable items before posting, but ah, who needs it? Let's figure more things out through play! I can certainly try to write lists if it helps people make character decisions or something, though.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2024, 12:11:27 am »

Interested

« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 03:34:13 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2024, 10:28:40 am »

Also posting and editing later.
Edit: done
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 02:01:34 am by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2024, 02:00:43 pm »

((PTW, but not PTP  :P ))
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2024, 02:37:25 pm »

« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 03:16:34 pm by Devastator »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2024, 03:31:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Casts the spells what makes the peoples fall down.

Organs... surrendering... like the French...
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2024, 03:42:39 pm »

Aand done.

Edit: I got ninja'd by Devastator. Shy and persistent magical girl club go.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 03:45:27 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2024, 06:38:44 pm »

Joining, but I'll just set this here for a bit while I work on it!
we love bullying magical girls!!!
we also love taking way too long oh my god
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 09:06:14 pm by VermilionSkies »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2024, 09:46:32 pm »

Spoiler: Red Berserker Tank (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2024, 09:58:17 pm »

Wew, that's five completed submissions already! And two more reserves. I won't be starting until things seem settled down, but it'll be hard to pick just five or six. I may be forced to employ the dreaded random chance.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2024, 12:29:35 pm »

Spoiler: Red Berserker Tank (click to show/hide)

((Red berserker with armored knees and elbows, named Kora?  Is this a reference?  Do I recognize this?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2024, 12:35:46 pm »

((Red berserker with armored knees and elbows, named Kora?  Is this a reference?  Do I recognize this?))
((Not intentionally, though I pictured her transformed appearance as a fiery armored red oni, which I'm sure I've seen here and there. No intended relation to any Avatars.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2024, 03:04:09 pm »

-snip-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Mighty curious to see this kind of "gray conformer" in RP game.))
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 03:06:28 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4