Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Full Metal Dress: Shocking Developments!  (Read 3043 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Full Metal Dress: Awake
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2024, 02:39:21 am »

((3/6 turns written. Muah ha ha, now I get to wait on you!))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2024, 02:45:58 am »

((3/6 turns written. Muah ha ha, now I get to wait on you!))
((Impossible, Egan really is serious!))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2024, 07:30:13 pm »

This is.. amazing!

Lets go outside so I don't set everything on fire.  That might be.. bad.

Make a big, flaming sword!  Solid handle, big blade of solid flame!  Then try to throw some manabolts.  Then some flaming manabolts!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2024, 03:50:02 pm »

Francesca hops into the seat next to Shade, calling out her own order. "I'll have prrench toast, Miss Dragon!  Oh, and bacon, and an orange!  And perhaps a cup of morphine, if you could manage?"

Then she turns to the other girl, standing at the building's entrance.  Francesca waves to her excitedly, flashing the girl a winning smile and immediately beginning to blabber loudly at her.  "Hello there, new friend!  Are you in danger?  Or did Spice Falls talk to you?"

((Sorry for my tardiness, I'll try not to make a habit of it.))

Anna-Leigh made an effort not to squint at the white-clad girl. At least they were inside and the restaurant lighting seemed to dim enough to let her limited vision work well enough- white in full daylight was hard to look directly at. Anna-Leigh didn't think she recognized the other girl, but her voice did have a similar 'color' to it - if such a thing could be said - so it was possible she was local. Not that a lack of recognition meant much, Anna-Leigh knew more weavers knots than she did people. "I... don't think I'm in danger?" Anna-Leigh cocked her head briefly towards the more dangerous looking smudge, suddenly feeling the weight of the work knife under her dress as woefully inadequate. "But I don't know a Spice Falls, so I'm really hoping that you're asking the kind of 'or' where there's a third option, since I really just... felt my way here?"

Anna-Leigh had imagined projecting a confident aura to the first person she met on this strange journey outside the front door - half-blind but all in control. That had shattered immediately upon hitting the incredible impediment of... a girl her age asking a perfectly reasonable question. Great job, fantastic, you're definitely the kind of person who should entertain dreams of trying to fix the world. At least try to hold a reasonable conversation? Like a human? Anna-Leigh thought to herself, taking a steadying breath and resolving to speak with more confidence. She had to say something less wishy-washy, had to establish that she was here for a reason - even if she didn't know what that was yet.

"So I... Uhm... Is this place... Does this room feel really green to you too?"

... Why am I like this.

Observe the room. Feign confidence. Succeed the former if possible, fail the latter with near certainty.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 03:52:36 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2024, 08:49:43 am »

((No worries, I'm terrible with tardiness myself.  And your RP is great, worth waiting for!))

"I can't say it does!  It's definitely weird, though.  I'd go more with orange, I think?  A quick waver and a flicker, like a flame.  Do you have synesthesia?  Oh, and do you like prrench toast?  I'll share mine with you!"

Watch the new girl, and try to stay close to her, unless she leaves.  She might be the one who's in danger; this place seems like a lure.  Or she might be a random person that wandered in.  Either way, decent odds she needs to be protected.

Try to use Soulsee on her, too.  And of course, wait for the ordered food to arrive.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2024, 01:27:47 pm »

Anna-Leigh wasn't exactly sure how to take the response. Admittedly, the question had been bad to begin with so the fault was probably her own, but the depiction of a flame didn't quite fit with the shrouded power. "I don't think I have synesthesia, but I guess I just think a lot in colors... So... maybe? I haven't ever been here before, and I do agree with weird." Anna-Leigh felt herself easing a little bit. This was a strange beginning to a strange day, but the other girl seemed fine and the lack of anyone else (though concerning in its own regard) was nice. "I don't want to take your food, I'll just order when the server comes back." Where was that server anyway?

Okay, she's doesn't immediately think you're weird for wandering into a nearly empty restaurant and commenting that it felt green. Keep the conversation going, maybe find a way to ask about why you might be seeing her through walls with a bunch of other lights, but in a way that doesn't sound committable. Anna-Leigh mentally squared herself up. Her mother made small talk all the time when customers were commissioning rugs, it was a mix of light conversation, disarming remarks, and guised queries meant gauge how deep the client's interest - and pockets - really were. The only topic of conversation she had at the moment was slightly insane, or breakfast. Better go with breakfast. Now, for disarming remarks about breakfast...

"Besides, for prrench toast I always wait to have it until -"

ABORT ABORT ABORT THE DISARMING REMARK Anna-Leigh screamed mentally

"- the purrfect time: Caturday morning!" Anna-Leigh's mouth continued, managing to bulldoze her mortification into a blushing crimson streak across her psyche.

... Aaand we have made a joke at what might actually be a real speech impediment. What if it is? Great impression. What if she gets mad and doesn't want to talk?

Anna-Leigh tried desperately to think of any way to rectify the situation, glancing around. Unfortunately, it was at this point that she finally managed to resolve the smudges on top of the more dangerous looking individual's head into ears. Feline ears.

Oh. Fantastic. We also look like we're making bad cat jokes directly in front of someone with cat mods. I hear racism is in season, so we at least can be fashionably awful. Thank God we have a knife so we can cut our foot out of our mouth later.

Weapons grade social anxiety detonated like a cigar in powder mill to form a raging blush across Anna-Leigh's cheeks. "Uh. So. What I mean is that... Er. I'll order something else, since you ordered the... uhhm..." Anna-Leigh started to trail off as her will to continue speaking decided to call it a job well done and kip off early.

Wait, hold up, you heard her as you were coming in... Did " -you order a cup of morphine?!" Anna-Leigh blurted as her inner monologue dragged her will to speak back from its attempted siesta in order to externalize its disbelief.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 01:38:22 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2024, 03:09:59 pm »

Francesca's smile dims a little at the "caturday" joke, the girl lifting a finger to her lips and tapping it a couple times as she considers the statement.  After a few seconds of consideration, she gives a firm nod, and her smile returns to its full width.  "That's a good point!  I hadn't considered that before, but the theme tracks nicely.  Cats are definitely a weekend animal.  Though I don't think prrench toast makes for a good weekend meal, hmm..."

When Anna-leigh asks about morphine, Francesca gives a quick nod, and turns to look the shorter girl in the eyes.  Her smile seems a little wider, a twinkle in her eyes, but her response is dismissive.  "Yup!  I'm Francesca, by the way.  You can call me Fran!  Or fren, either way, I like to think both fit.  The feline fren's name is Shade, or Shadesoul for long.  What's your name?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Today at 12:51:34 pm »

((Apologies for the delay: my procrastination has been extended by my losing electricity until recently and still lacking home internet. I will update soon.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Full Metal Dress: Shocking Developments!
« Reply #53 on: Today at 02:31:10 pm »

"...I don't have much time. I won't make you come with me, but you might save someone's life. It will be dangerous, but you can handle it, you're powerful." With that, the flying trashbin flies away at high speed in the direction of a building that Icatrina doesn't recognize. In fact, thinking about it, Icatrina is pretty sure that that restaurant over there didn't exist before this morning.

"What do you mean- hey come back!" Violet looks like she wants to chase after the machine, but she can't due to her injury.

[-2 Mana]
Something rustles under Seven's jumpsuit around her shoulder blades before bursting forth as a pair of white spikes. The wings unfurl, massive and feathered, a stereotypical symbol of freedom made literal. With hardly a flutter she flies upwards.
Pulses of radar flow over her, followed by a machine panic. Threat! Drone! Missile! Something small and incomprehensibly fast makes the automated systems around her commune in a frightened chatter of machine-language which she can somehow comprehend. But machines on this battlefield don't make their own decisions, and Seven is faster than the human operators.

She appears besides the machine before the ensouled flesh within can notice and reaches a hand out to the steel hull, willing it to awaken.
[-2 Mana]
[Bind 3d6: 13 Magical Form+1 Large Target-1 = 13]
Like maggots writhing out of a corpse, chains spill out of the thing's hull and quickly snap out to gain purchase on the foul machine's limbs. They find it, ripping into the whirling blades keeping the machine aloft. The chains strain, but hold, and the blades halt in a horrible screeching.
"WHA-"

It plummets from the air and meets the hard, merciless ground. The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. The dissolution of the two souls within leaves behind a horrible residue which Seven can smell even from the air.
What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

[Aggro 1d6: 2]
"S-something took out the air support! What the hell is that thing!"
Seven is once more bathed in the radio. It speaks up language, just leaving behind the hole of her impression for the targeting system. A man-portable missile rockets towards her.

[Shooting 3d6: 13 Homing+1 = 14]
[Roll to Dodge 3d6: 8 Magical Form Flight+2 = 10]
Seven understands the flash of radar a second too late; sees the bright flare of orange a moment too late, tries to outrace the projectile but there's no time. Her wings fold in front of her to shield from the explosion but it's not much. The magical limbs are torn from her body. It doesn't hurt.
[Injury 1d6: 5]
[Meeting Planet 3d6: 11 Endurance+1 Magical Form-1 = 11]
Hitting the ground hurts a little. Seven rolls over and over the hard asphalt. What comes up...
Gasping from the near miss, she checks for shrapnel wounds and broken bones. There's just bruises and cuts.

"Target down! Someone check the... wreckage??"

Seven is being approached by a fireteam of 3 UAUNIR Rangers. They will arrive next turn and might shoot at her.

"Y-yes sir! Ma'am! S-sir!"
The rat makes a quick attempt at a salute and then scurries away to places unknown.

[Looking for Trouble 1d6: 3]
After some more wandering around problem areas, Kora doesn't run into anybody looking for a fight, or anybody particularly ripe for picking a fight with. Eventually she finds herself in an alleyway nearer the river docks, where a pair of shady-looking young adults are sharing a smoke in a sort of ostensibly-platonic-romantic sort of way. They look inclined to ignore Kora in a sort of condescending way. They look sort of gangster-ish, though, so they might be worth fighting?

Quote from: Devastator
Practically sprinting, Diane jogs out of her aunt and uncle's apartment, down the steps, and out the back door into a small yard fenced in by other buildings. A small group of younger children are playing where the grass fails to grow, rolling little plastic excavators and APCs over the sandy soil and making wooshing and exploding sounds.
[Sense 3d6: 8 Virtuous!-1 = 7]
"Hey, look at this!" she shouts (or something to the effect), running into the middle of the sandy pit.
[Creation 3d6: 7 Virtuous+1 Difficult-1 it would be really cool though+0 = 7]
[-2 Mana]
Diane raises her hand to the sky, holding a pretend hilt, and wills it to be. Glowing matter quickly weaves itself into reality at her touch, a core of gleaming wood with a hollow core to accept a tang, and soft leather over top. But the blade is stubborn, it refuses to simply be, it need a reason, a force. Colorful sparks emit from the handle's end, nothing more.
"Wow! She has a sparkler!" a small boy exclaims. "My uncle's fireworks are scarier." a girl scoffs.
Suddenly feeling self-conscious about having attracted attention to herself, Diane redoubles her effort to manifest the blade. The flame is a force of power and destruction, it demands passion and respect. Well, Diane has passion and she'll respect the hell out of this stupid flame! Red and orange tongues flicker out of the sword in unearthly swirling patterns, too orderly and graceful for any mundane flame. Yes! Come, flame! The strands of fire roar to life in an apparently massive geyser, unsteadily following the shape of a blade, toppling this way and that in the wind, and finally the stalk of fire falls over into Diane's face.
[Injury 1d6: 5]
[Burnt 3d6: 12 Endurance+1 = 13]
Thankfully the hot flame just glances past Diane's head on the way to the ground, splashing around her left shoulder. She winces from the pain but pats her clothes off as she jumps on one foot out of the oddly perfect circle of flame forming on the ground, escaping with only a light burn on her arm.
The children watch the small fire burning on their sand. One of them starts to cry.

Quote from: syvarris
Quote from: Draignean
'Caturday'. Shadesoul flicks an ear, staring at the counter. The two girls keep talking about something or other, but the mercenary isn't listening, she's thinking. Slowly. Nobody said that Shadesoul is very smart.
Suddenly she changes, leaping from her stool and growling at Anna-Leigh. "Hey! You're making fun of me! You little shit! I'll-"
The air in the room shifts nearly imperceptibly. "Please. The magical organic is my guest. You will not threaten her."
"And who are you, restaurant lady?! You can't tell me what to do!" Shadesoul's hand is on the grip on her N5K.
And then there's a crack, and Shadesoul is on the floor with her eyes closed. The air flows gently back into the room like a sigh.
[Follower neutralized]

"I apologize, miss Anna-Leigh. The laws of the galactic community, and My laws forbid me to harm an organic or allow harm to befall one. I have pacified this... cat-thing with a minimum of force."
The restaurant pauses for a breath.
"And, in this excitement, I have neglected to introduce myself to you, Anna-Leigh. I am The Dragon. I am glad that you found me, you are safe here."
A segmented mechanical arm places a metal tray in front of Francesca, holding bacon, an orange fruit, and some hideously ensugared toast. And a glass of clear liquid.
"I am afraid that I could not fulfill your request for a 'cup' of morphine, miss Richter. Having taken your free will into account, serving that chemical to you in such a form would be a violation of my... aforementioned law.

Spoiler: Anna-Leigh - Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Seven - VermilionSkies (click to show/hide)

((If there are any errors, I blame solely the hurricane and take zero responsibility.))
« Last Edit: Today at 02:34:21 pm by Egan_BW »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Today at 03:46:05 pm »

"nngh. I, I..."
Icatrina looked frantically back and forth between Violet and where Spice had gone.
"I... I'll be right back!"
and sprinted off to follow Spice
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Today at 05:54:40 pm »

It plummets from the air and meets the hard, merciless ground. The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. The dissolution of the two souls within leaves behind a horrible residue which Seven can smell even from the air.
What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.
((Sigged.))
she'll respect the hell out of this stupid flame!
:D
« Last Edit: Today at 06:02:08 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]