Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphics troubles  (Read 787 times)

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Graphics troubles
« on: July 27, 2024, 06:47:18 pm »

I’m trying to add graphics to my modded creatures but every time I boot up the object testing arena to see if it works once the progress bar reaches “vanilla music” a windows called “Tileset not found” pops up saying “Not found: data/installed_mods/<modname>(modversion)/graphics/images/<imagename>.png”  and the game then crashes.

How do I fix this?
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN:she:her:herself][PRONOUN:it:its:itself]
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics troubles
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2024, 09:11:53 pm »

It sounds like your tile page isn't set up to grab an extant image. If that image exists, it should generally be referenced as
Code: [Select]
[FILE:images/<imagename>.png]
[CHEESE_PLANT] and [CHEESE_GRAPHICS] biggest fan
My mods:
Language & symbolsMiscellanyGraphics resourcesPseudo-ASCII

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2024, 01:07:29 am »

So I ended up exporting an exact copy of the desired png using gimp and now it works for some reason. Maybe dwarf fortress didn’t want to use the original one because it was corrupted? Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2024, 04:51:40 pm »

It's possible your original PNG used a data format that Dwarf Fortress couldn't understand (e.g. more than 8 bits per channel) - if you could upload it somewhere (though preferably not an image hosting site, since they might convert it to a different data format much like GIMP did when you re-exported it), someone here might be able to figure out what was wrong with it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2024, 12:09:14 pm »

I don't know if I can. I'll figure something out.