Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Monster (8/12) — Game Over  (Read 13247 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Monster (12/12) — Day One: Assembly of the Menagerie
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2024, 07:25:17 pm »

It's better because it's different. We've all done the random voting stage, we know how it goes. It ends with someone flailing, some angry veteran glaring at them, and that poor soul (usually town) being bullied into a bandwagon that leads to their demise.

Surely we can do better.

I think my approach helps set up a better baseline for analysis of player actions and perspectives on later days. How does Imp look to Fallacy? How does 4maskwolf look to Tric? Where is all the pressure on AnimePigeon coming from?

You know, the small questions that build up to big cases-by-association.

A marvelous fun is about to break free.

Whom do you fear the most? Whom do you fear the least?

For me, I'm town.

I believe you.

Mmmm, I feel sad if I don't include this as part of my answer, so included!

Fear... I fear absolutely none of us.  I would fear some situations, misunderstandings, traps, mistakes... but the people or monsters that are my fellow players?

My fear of plural you all is equal, and absent.

May this not be the game where I learn to fear any person in it!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2024, 07:26:40 pm »

Eh I don't really see how this is that much better than RVS tbh

Also, I don't know whether I should be taking your assessment as a compliment or as an insult, so I'll just ignore it for now.

Anyway, Tric are you an SK this game?

Crystalizedmire, if you had a kill, would you use it on me or Fallacy? And can you please explain your choice?

4mask Welcome back! How difficult do you think it's going to be to get back into the swing of things after your hiatus? Do you think you'll be able to pull out any crazy gambits this game

Magma Mater, Oliverz144, VermilionSkies, Wolfkey, I have the same question for all of you. Since I've never played with any of you before I'd like for you to tell me what your mafia playstyle is like.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2024, 07:35:28 pm »

You rolled scum again, didn't you, Fallacy.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2024, 07:36:57 pm »

I think he did

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2024, 07:54:06 pm »

Blurble murble hi.

I just woke up from a nap will post for seriouslies when my brain properly boots up.

Eh I don't really see how this is that much better than RVS tbh

Hi welcome to D1 what can we do for you today.

4mask Welcome back! How difficult do you think it's going to be to get back into the swing of things after your hiatus? Do you think you'll be able to pull out any crazy gambits this game
It'll be a slight adjustment to get used to the local meta again but I just got off two games over on MU so I'm not completely rusty.

We'll see on crazy gambits, I'm generally a lot less prone to those nowadays but role madness games always bring out that side of me lol.

It's better because it's different. We've all done the random voting stage, we know how it goes. It ends with someone flailing, some angry veteran glaring at them, and that poor soul (usually town) being bullied into a bandwagon that leads to their demise.

Surely we can do better.

I think my approach helps set up a better baseline for analysis of player actions and perspectives on later days. How does Imp look to Fallacy? How does 4maskwolf look to Tric? Where is all the pressure on AnimePigeon coming from?
I've heard every theory for how to play D1 under the sun but frankly outside of hard meta reads I've never found one I thought held water.

At the end of the day D1 is about generating content to parse through on future days when we actually have real information to look at. How we do it I've never found strongly matters so long as one thing doesn't centralize the whole day.

I think he did
:wowee: :wowee: :wowee:

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2024, 08:04:23 pm »

Crystalizedmire, if you had a kill, would you use it on me or Fallacy? And can you please explain your choice?
Fallacy is always a little suspicious to me regardless of alignment so Im not really sure about their alignment. I also want to be more lenient with them. So if I had a kill, I would kill you.
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2024, 08:05:13 pm »

I think he did

hmm yes scumteam detected.

(I jest.)

More seriously, I'm trying something new. Maybe adapting my playstyle will help me figure out how to actually play mafia and not constantly look suspicious and weird as all heck.

Vote me if you wish.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2024, 08:07:18 pm »

Well which of me and Max do you fear more? Surely Max. You wouldn't possibly fear little old me, would you~?
1Fear

Also 1LOVE. Max, I apologize for what I'm going to do this game. I'm TOWN.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2024, 08:18:56 pm »

Also 1LOVE. Max, I apologize for what I'm going to do this game. I'm TOWN.
I will forgive you.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2024, 10:45:13 pm »

@Imp target me tonight please.

Fallacy is always a little suspicious to me regardless of alignment so Im not really sure about their alignment. I also want to be more lenient with them. So if I had a kill, I would kill you.
Interesting phrasing here. You seem to imply suspicion of Fallacy, but opt to kill juicebox without commenting on what his alignment could be. What are your thoughts on juicebox now?

Unrelated, one of the mafia have outed themselves already. Kind of sad honestly. If anyone actually has a daykill or something like that let me know so that I can direct it, thanks.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2024, 10:59:33 pm »

@Imp target me tonight please.

Interesting phrasing here. You seem to imply suspicion of Fallacy, but opt to kill juicebox without commenting on what his alignment could be. What are your thoughts on juicebox now?

Unrelated, one of the mafia have outed themselves already. Kind of sad honestly. If anyone actually has a daykill or something like that let me know so that I can direct it, thanks.

I will consider targeting you, absolutely!  I do not at this time commit to doing so.  I'm also interested in what others say, and what your reasons for wanting to be targeted are.

So, you feel... certain? that a person who has posted IS mafia, and HAS revealed themself, to the point you're ready for them to go, no further discussion needed, even though they day is very young and many people haven't even posted yet?

Why would we daykill this person instead of, oh, dunno, elim them?  And why not discuss evidence and confirm we agree with your conclusion?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2024, 11:28:48 pm »

I have no idea what both of their alignments are, especially juicebox's since they've made like two posts. But, I would rather shoot juice out of leniency for Fallacy.
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2024, 12:45:09 am »

I swear if you think I'm scum in the one game where I'm not scum I'll break your shins. Specifically the shins and only the shins.

But you were talking about Maximum Spin, weren't you?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2024, 01:30:20 am »

I swear if you think I'm scum in the one game where I'm not scum I'll break your shins. Specifically the shins and only the shins.

But you were talking about Maximum Spin, weren't you?

But but but but I've seen you be not-scum in other games too. This is 'yet another' game where you're not scum (presuming you're not scum, I haven't decided yet what I think, but you sure could be town/third party/something weirder than third party... but still not scum).

But it's not the first!  Not even the first that I've had the joy of playing beside you in, that you were not scum!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2024, 01:58:32 am »

The upsides of playing on Bay12: I can spend six hours playing Oxygen Not Included and not be horrendously behind when I return.

Bestie...

Reading comprehension.

Imp when you talk I hear your posts in a Skaven voice.

Crystallized Mire is my first town lean.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57