Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liberal Crime Squad New Age Question Thread  (Read 1237 times)

Gabrote42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Liberal Crime Squad New Age Question Thread
« on: June 29, 2024, 05:36:57 pm »

I'll just edit in a few questions I've been having while playing New Age that I failed to find in the wiki.

1) What happens if one of your liberals die while having underlings and love slaves? Do the underlings disappear if their new contact is lacking in slots? Do their lovers disappear? Does that propagate down the chain? Do you get to pick which stay?

2) What's the calculation for teaching new skills? Do liberals need to have basic competence at one to attend the classes? Do they need to be idle? What is a good skill level to teach from? Can they receive multiple classes at once?

3) How do you use the first aid skill? What is a good level to start using Computers at?

4) What is a good way of keeping track what each person is capable of? Should I make notes on how to replace everyone down a branch if one of my lieutenants gets raided?

Thanks for your time!

Solitarian codified DWARF. It was inevitable.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Liberal Crime Squad New Age Question Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2024, 01:34:50 am »

I can answer some of the more technical questions.

1) What happens if one of your liberals die while having underlings and love slaves? Do the underlings disappear if their new contact is lacking in slots? Do their lovers disappear? Does that propagate down the chain? Do you get to pick which stay?

The liberal that dies will have their best subordinate promoted to take their place in the chain of command. This person needs at least 2 juice to be promoted, unless it's to replace your founder, in which case a direct subordinate needs at least 101 juice or it's game over and the entire organization disintegrates.

Lovers will abandon the LCS, as they aren't here for the new boss. The only exception is if the seduced subordinate has 100+ juice and is also the best pick to replace them: In this case, they'll accept the promotion to take their lover's place, and become a regular member.

Subordinate caps aren't considered during this promotion process, so it's probably possible to get someone over their cap after the promotion process. This is partly a quality of life thing, since you aren't picking who to keep and who to let go.

2) What's the calculation for teaching new skills? Do liberals need to have basic competence at one to attend the classes? Do they need to be idle? What is a good skill level to teach from? Can they receive multiple classes at once?

In New Age, everyone in the city will find the time to take the class unless they're in jail, and multiple classes can be taught and learned from at once.

The formula for calculating experience is quite complicated, but some key notes:

- The teacher can only teach up to their current skill level in a skill.
- The base rate of learning is 1 skill xp per day for every point the teacher has in the skill, plus 3 skill xp per day for every point of the teacher's teaching skill, minus 1 skill xp per day for every point the student already has in the skill. This means being good at teaching is the most important thing for rapid learning, especially when the student and teacher are similar in level.
- The rate of learning is reduced if the teacher has a high workload, which is when many students are learning many skills from them. If the workload is low, the teaching rate is not reduced and classes are cheaper to run. The learning reduction isn't quite proportional though; having twice the workload soft cap only reduces to 62.5% learning rate. So it's actually not inefficient to have tons of people learning, it's just slower.
- The maximum rate is 50 skill xp per day, the minimum is 1 skill xp per day.
- The teacher gains 1 skill xp in teaching per student per skill that student is learning. This can give you a sense of their workload, since they are effectively gaining experience proportional to their workload.

3) How do you use the first aid skill?

First aid is passively used as needed. If they're in your squad, they'll try to stop bleeding in the field, but they can't restore health during a squad action beyond that. Having someone skilled in first aid in your safehouse (doing literally anything) will improve healing rates for everyone at the safehouse. If you have a very skilled doctor at your base you can often forego sending liberals to seek medical treatment when injured and just hang out at base for a bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2024, 07:45:14 pm »

4) What is a good way of keeping track what each person is capable of? Should I make notes on how to replace everyone down a branch if one of my lieutenants gets raided?

Thanks for your time!
Rename your liberals to hint at what you want them to do.
For example, someone I want to teach my liberals will have "Teacher" in their name.

Gabrote42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2024, 01:11:49 pm »

Thank you very much! I seem to be suffering the overhead of settling for a bad lieutenant and using too much seduction instead of Juice gains, but that was a skill issue on my end.

Aside from that last half question, I wanted to ask: My Sleeper Lawyer from leader creation promoted to Political Activist, to they still work as a lawyer or should I be dropping their sleeper secrecy.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2024, 10:43:15 pm »

What exactly happened? Do you have a screenshot?

Gabrote42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2024, 07:00:40 pm »

What exactly happened? Do you have a screenshot?

Sure thing. What happened is that the Lawyer sleeper from was generated at age 17, so when she had her birthday on the something of February, she grew up into a political activist and like gained 8% effectiveness. My question is if she still works as a Lawyer. If she doesn't, what's the best use for her?

Screenshot below: Timestamp is Right Now
I have no clue how to insert a file directly from my computer to here. It asks me for a link, but it doesn't accept a path to the file or a link to an IMGUR post. I'll insert the IMGUR link instead.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2024, 04:58:19 am »

Reasonably sure it's a bug. Dunno if the character still counts as a Lawyer.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2024, 11:07:00 pm »

Logging that as a bug, your sleeper lawyer should not have been as young as the founder, let alone younger. Might as well pull them out at this point; they're no longer treated as a lawyer by the game logic.

Gabrote42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2024, 02:28:14 pm »

Logging that as a bug, your sleeper lawyer should not have been as young as the founder, let alone younger. Might as well pull them out at this point; they're no longer treated as a lawyer by the game logic.

Sadge. Welp, I got a replacement, may as well have them gain Juice to recruit sleepers