Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mod request: elemental skills for the 4 Main species  (Read 86 times)

ddogma

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
mod request: elemental skills for the 4 Main species
« on: June 26, 2024, 01:26:58 am »

Hello Urists, i wanna ask if someone could make a small mod for me since i wasnt able to do it right

Basically i want to give every species a magic ability

Dwarfs: Earth/Fire shoot fire bolts (+ become immune to fire)/spit sharp stone (i was able to do that)
Elves: Water/Wind shoot ice bolts/propel away (i was not able to use the undead magic on non undeads)
Goblins: Darkness inflicting pain and dizziness
Humans: light vanish(with a higher cooldown maybe or else they stay invisable forever) but if you have another idea for light magic (such as healing) i would be grateful

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUNS:it:its:itself]
    • View Profile
Re: mod request: elemental skills for the 4 Main species
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 04:56:57 pm »

You'll need to define custom interactions in your interaction_ file - you weren't able to use the "propel" interaction because the vanilla raws don't have a pre-existing "propel" interaction type, while MATERIAL_EMISSION is already supported in vanilla_interactions.

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:EXAMPLE LT PROPEL]
[I_TARGET:A:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION]
[I_TARGET:B:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
[I_EFFECT:PROPEL_UNIT]
[IE_PROPEL_FORCE:100000]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_TARGET:B]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
EXAMPLE LT PROPEL (from the interaction_secret example) doesn't actually exist because it isn't loaded by the game, but you can add something like it to your interaction file, call the ID you gave it, and be able to use that in your CDIs.
[CHEESE_PLANT] and [CHEESE_GRAPHICS] biggest fan
Mod releases