Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Mafia: Net Police Triumph, Town\Mafia Loss  (Read 6120 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: Net Police - No Imps in this System, Day 3 (5/8)
« Reply #255 on: July 22, 2024, 03:51:02 pm »

I’d like to hear from Sofa on this before leaping to any conclusions.

24 hours left. I’ll be online for most of it, let’s not rush things.
One wheel short of a wagon

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 22, 2024, 04:04:49 pm »

Ok, that’s fair enough. I did get frustrated there… it’s not that people are scum reading me, that’s fair enough, and I can see how I look tied to Juicebox. It’s the fact that the mechanical evidence isn’t being presented or considered. If not for today, then at least for Sofa to make the right choice N3
I totally understand your frustration. Your situation and how things look don't present good fortune to you exactly.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 22, 2024, 04:08:31 pm »

Sofa, Max: your role flavour involves being part of the mafia network (or hacker cartel if you want to be pedantic), same as me, right?
Affirmative.
Everybody else's role name is very simple while the only mafia we have for refernce has a role name that fits the theme.
Egan was [Watcher] and Imp was [Tracker], while juicebox was [Sub-Administrator].  Are you suggesting juice was a serial killer since he doesn't have "mafia" in the name?  Does that mean there are still 2 mafia-aligned live players?  Both sides have confirmed that NJW is a mafia-something, yet our base designations used by the Admin indicate mechanical function, not flavor.
Do you think it’s actually possible that CM/AP missed the entirety of the role flavour?
Why would somebody who believes themselves to be a townie lie about having a doctorate--an exclusively-town trait?  Even assuming mafia!Crystal thinks they're vigilante or something, but claimed doctor to ward off potential "mafia", who killed last night?

Max, claim your action.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 22, 2024, 04:09:34 pm »

I am, or was at the start of the game before Egan flipped, Universal Backup Protocol (Mafia Network). I don’t know if I was technically a heelNavi until I actually replaced someone. Its not entirely clear, but I think my role name is the same.

I think that’s a permitted mod “quote” as it names a role.

AnimePigeon, you didn’t think that because my role says “mafia”, that I'm actually mafia aligned, did you?

Because this is Net Police Mafia, and we’re part of a digital crime network performing a heist, and the informed minority, well, I think Sofa and Max get it, and I think I’d like to hear your and Crystallized’s role now.

I'm only reporting you as Mafia Leader as that's what I was given when I targeted you.

It seemed to make sense, as when I targeted Juice, but it apparently got rediverted to Imo, I still only got "Tracker" so the additional votes of information you provided don't seem to me to be your role identifiable info.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 22, 2024, 04:17:34 pm »

Max, claim your action.
I redirected AP to you :shrug:

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2024, 04:23:59 pm »

What?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 22, 2024, 05:15:39 pm »

Sofa, Max: your role flavour involves being part of the mafia network (or hacker cartel if you want to be pedantic), same as me, right?
Affirmative.
Everybody else's role name is very simple while the only mafia we have for refernce has a role name that fits the theme.
Egan was [Watcher] and Imp was [Tracker], while juicebox was [Sub-Administrator].  Are you suggesting juice was a serial killer since he doesn't have "mafia" in the name?  Does that mean there are still 2 mafia-aligned live players?  Both sides have confirmed that NJW is a mafia-something, yet our base designations used by the Admin indicate mechanical function, not flavor.
Do you think it’s actually possible that CM/AP missed the entirety of the role flavour?
Why would somebody who believes themselves to be a townie lie about having a doctorate--an exclusively-town trait?  Even assuming mafia!Crystal thinks they're vigilante or something, but claimed doctor to ward off potential "mafia", who killed last night?

Max, claim your action.
No… I mean, what if they’re mafia but missed the fact that the TOWN alignment is thematically  a mafia?

Also, does your role have the name “leader” in it? Because that would explain this someways… maybe?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 22, 2024, 05:38:41 pm »

Also, does your role have the name “leader” in it? Because that would explain this someways… maybe?
It definitely does not.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 22, 2024, 06:03:04 pm »

Okay, I'm comfortable with this situation.

I did not actually redirect AP to sofanthiel, I just wanted to see if you'd incriminate yourself.

Under the circumstances, we kill either Crystal or AP, and, if the lynchee flips town, you jailkeep NJW2000. Obviously if the lynchee is mafia you jailkeep the other one.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 22, 2024, 06:12:26 pm »

I know you did something like this as town Max but that was deeply hmmmmmm of you

But broadly speaking I’m ok with this plan.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 23, 2024, 05:21:10 am »

CrystallizedMire

I’m pretty sure that one or both of them didn’t read carefully enough to notice that town have mafia flavour. That’s the only way the current situation makes sense.

Otherwise… I mean, it’s not plausible that a role cop would even get the result “scum leader” in the first place. That’s just obviously fake, that’s not information a role cop gets. Unless I’m missing something here ?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 23, 2024, 08:10:11 am »

Day 3 will end in 7 hours, -15 minutes. Also I'm sick. Hooray....

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 23, 2024, 10:52:59 am »

So, sofanthiel.

Technically, we can lock down both CM and AP if you insist on doing the wrong thing here, too, but it's more fragile. I hope you will follow the plan I just outlined, but in case you don't, let me explain the other plan: YOU will continue to jailkeep CM, I will redirect AP to CM. Which I clearly should've done last night but I didn't realize you'd just keep doing the same thing.

Your pick which one we do, ultimately. Just follow through with whichever one you settle on.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 23, 2024, 03:19:07 pm »

Technically, we can lock down both CM and AP if you insist on doing the wrong thing here, too, but it's more fragile. I hope you will follow the plan I just outlined, but in case you don't, let me explain the other plan: YOU will continue to jailkeep CM, I will redirect AP to CM.
I am going to be completely honest here; I'm a little worried that juice might have been a serial killer, which would make either a CM+AP or a you+NJW mafia team possible.  Whilst the latter is super improbable, since you've provided a way to ensure town wins no matter which of the above scenarios we're in, I'd rather vote for NJW.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 23, 2024, 03:45:33 pm »

Too sick to write the climax.

TwoThousand.exe was the Administrator . Staticman program did not complete lynch. Town has been terminated. Net Police fight through for the win. Good triumphs.

Also I apparently got RL hit by them. Bleh. Meph has all the details, I do sanity check my setups through an outside source.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19