Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Mafia: Net Police Triumph, Town\Mafia Loss  (Read 6202 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: Net Police - Loading Drivers For Day 2 (7/8)
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2024, 02:52:45 am »

Wait, so you two have a chat together?
If that were the case, Max wouldn't have asked Imp to not spoil its existence in the thread, where everybody can see it.  I suspect one of the two used an ability on the other, which in turn revealed some relevant information and could've potentially strengthened their trust in one another (or done the exact opposite by showing the recipient of the inspection to be the infiltrating agent, but Spin wants to stretch the mystique out for as long as he can for the purposes of !!FUN!!).

Imp, spoilers.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2024, 07:02:55 am »

Wait, so you two have a chat together?
If that were the case, Max wouldn't have asked Imp to not spoil its existence in the thread, where everybody can see it.  I suspect one of the two used an ability on the other, which in turn revealed some relevant information and could've potentially strengthened their trust in one another (or done the exact opposite by showing the recipient of the inspection to be the infiltrating agent, but Spin wants to stretch the mystique out for as long as he can for the purposes of !!FUN!!).

Imp, spoilers.

Welcome back, Sof.  I like weekends less because of their effect on your presence (but hope you enjoy the heck out of them yourself).

D2 is early yet because weekends don't count for time; D2 just started in terms of our '3 irl days left' I think.  I'm looking forward to listening more and do expect I have more to tell us all before the day is close to over.  I'm cool with others talking more before I do.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2024, 10:06:58 am »

AnimePigeon, what did you do last night?
I targeted Juicebox and learnt his role ability.
Can you tell us what the ability is?

Imp, no spoilers.

Sure - althought I would have preferred Juicebox to be here first (in thread) so I could get there Approval.

Juicebox is a Tracker Role.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2024, 10:34:22 am »

AnimePigeon, what did you do last night?
I targeted Juicebox and learnt his role ability.
Can you tell us what the ability is?

Imp, no spoilers.

I would also like to claim I was given an Additional/Extra Action, which was free, but could only be used to Jail CrystalisedMire.

Because I didn't have a very high/good read of them Day 1, I decided it was best value efficiency wise to accept the additional/extra action and jail CrystalisedMire.

Sure - althought I would have preferred Juicebox to be here first (in thread) so I could get there Approval.

Juicebox is a Tracker Role.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2024, 11:03:14 am »

AP, please tell us more about your target choice.  I get that you say you were given a choice to act on CM, no choice for you there.

Why rolecop Juicebox out of the various choices you had?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2024, 11:08:16 am »

Huh. You had me quite worried for a bit there, AP.

Ok, I can confirm that AnimePigeon visited CrystallisedMire, as I softclaimed earlier… wanted to check what AP was going to claim first, because after Egans flip, I’m having a very hard time trusting anybody.

I’m a Watcher - I was a Universal Backup Protocol, but then Egan died and I got their role. I watched CM.

I most definitely did NOT inherit their millerdom, at least as far as I’ve been told, and haven’t been made aware of any post restrictions. So god knows what was going on there… I hope they weren’t just claiming random stuff for no reason.

Additional action claim is interesting… actually, AP, why did you not mention that at first?
One wheel short of a wagon

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2024, 11:18:53 am »

Imp and Maximum Spin: Explain how you knew about this.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2024, 11:32:54 am »

Huh. You had me quite worried for a bit there, AP.

Ok, I can confirm that AnimePigeon visited CrystallisedMire, as I softclaimed earlier… wanted to check what AP was going to claim first, because after Egans flip, I’m having a very hard time trusting anybody.

I’m a Watcher - I was a Universal Backup Protocol, but then Egan died and I got their role. I watched CM.

I most definitely did NOT inherit their millerdom, at least as far as I’ve been told, and haven’t been made aware of any post restrictions. So god knows what was going on there… I hope they weren’t just claiming random stuff for no reason.

Additional action claim is interesting… actually, AP, why did you not mention that at first?

What about Egan's flip made you not trust anyone?  I hear what you say about the oddities, is it just that you didn't inherit everything Egan claimed, or is there more/other?

Imp and Maximum Spin: Explain how you knew about this.

Interesting question, CM.  What 'this' do you think we (specifically I, and specifically Max too) know about exactly what?

I'm open to claiming and I think it'll be a full claim.  However, Max's recommendation not to spoil seems wise, and I would have been slowish without it.

We haven't heard from Juicebox yet.

I also want to know why AP chose to target JB.  Based on what AP said D1 and how he voted, I'd have expected different choices.

AP, do you know anything about why or how you gained that choice to also take that specific action on that specific target?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2024, 11:43:56 am »

Also, CM, as I sort through this tangle (Sorry I didn't ask above), do you want to say what you intended to do last night or anything else about yourself at this point?

Also, NJW, you told us you saw AP visit CM - did you see AP also visit JuiceBox?  If not, are you surprised?

Sof, it seems likely we're going to have at least most of us claiming today.

Here's what I understand has been claimed:

We're in a bastard game.
There was no N1 death.

Maximum Spin   (knew or guessed enough to ask AP what AP did last night, asked Imp not to spoiler)
AnimePidgeon   Rolecop JB is a tracker also given
Imp      (knew or guessed enough to ask CM what CM did last night; stated intention of probably full claiming later D2)
CrystalizedMire   claimed RB N1, made no claims about self so far.
Egan_BW      Dead watcher? who made claim of miller, post restriction that her universal backup NJW didn't get.
sofanthiel   No claim yet
NJW2000      Universal backup who became watcher, says watched AP visit CM, but did not get miller or post restriction.
juicebox   No post D2 yet, was claimed to be tracker by AP claimed rolecop.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2024, 11:45:06 am »

Edited to finish listing claim
AnimePidgeon   Rolecop JB is a tracker also given an option to specifically RB CrystalizedMire or not.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2024, 11:56:48 am »

I'm open to claiming and I think it'll be a full claim.  However, Max's recommendation not to spoil seems wise, and I would have been slowish without it.
Great, you and I are on the same page, it sounds like. That narrows down my suspect list an awful lot.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2024, 12:09:31 pm »

Also, NJW, you told us you saw AP visit CM - did you see AP also visit JuiceBox?  If not, are you surprised?
Not how watcher works. I get to see which players visited my target.

What about Egan's flip made you not trust anyone?  I hear what you say about the oddities, is it just that you didn't inherit everything Egan claimed, or is there more/other?
Either there are post restrictions/miller statuses that are invisible on flip, in which case I need to watch what people are saying and doing very carefully, or Egan just made up a bunch of stuff... which doesn't inspire confidence in one's fellow humans, I guess, though strictly speaking it doesn't change what my attitude should be to other players.

But I mainly meant that I didn't have a strong sense of who the scumteam could be after D1, or what information would or wouldn't be important to control D2.

Imp/Max: I assume you're implicitly saying you'll wait until after Sofa to fullclaim?
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2024, 12:18:26 pm »

Edited to finish listing claim
AnimePidgeon   Rolecop JB is a tracker also given an option to specifically RB CrystalizedMire or not.

By the way, jailkeep is RB+protect, so, if there was a kill at all, CM could have been source or target.

Imp/Max: I assume you're implicitly saying you'll wait until after Sofa to fullclaim?
I mean, we'll see how it works out.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2024, 12:20:10 pm »

I'm sorry for the inactivity guys, I've had a pretty interesting weekend. So as for my claim, I was the one who gave AnimePigeon the extra action.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2024, 12:31:04 pm »

Not how watcher works. I get to see which players visited my target.

Either there are post restrictions/miller statuses that are invisible on flip, in which case I need to watch what people are saying and doing very carefully, or Egan just made up a bunch of stuff... which doesn't inspire confidence in one's fellow humans, I guess, though strictly speaking it doesn't change what my attitude should be to other players.

But I mainly meant that I didn't have a strong sense of who the scumteam could be after D1, or what information would or wouldn't be important to control D2.

I don't even know if Sofa's gonna claim.  I'm claiming when I think it's most useful for me to do so.

Did anyone else visit CM last night?  If so, how many total visited CM?  I mean, you can say who or you can delay a bit, I'm cool with either, but how many is useful, I think.

I'm sorry for the inactivity guys, I've had a pretty interesting weekend. So as for my claim, I was the one who gave AnimePigeon the extra action.

Juicebox!  AP claims he's a rolecop who checked you out and you're a tracker.  Is this true?  Yes or no is pretty useful.

Who you tracked is also pretty useful, but if you wanna join the pile of 'who did what I'll say later' I'm not too concerned with, but maybe consider sometime D2 (we have like until Wednesday).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19