Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Mafia: Net Police Triumph, Town\Mafia Loss  (Read 6226 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: Net Police - Mafia Heist Plans for Day 1 (8/8)
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2024, 05:30:07 pm »

As someone has Pmed me today, Nights last for 48 hours. Not all that useful information given it's fairly normal.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2024, 06:21:30 pm »

sofanthiel, your opening post was decent, but I want to hear a little bit more from you. What are your thoughts on what's been happening in the game so far? Does anyone stand out as suspicious to you?

Egan I need to hear more from you as well. Has your opinion on AnimePigeon changed at all?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2024, 08:52:30 pm »

Imp: You still haven't answered my question here.
Animepigeon: Why did you view Imp's vote on you as oppurtunistic?
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2024, 09:06:38 pm »

Imp: You still haven't answered my question here.
Animepigeon: Why did you view Imp's vote on you as oppurtunistic?

CM, yep.  I have explained that I'm concerned the database tracking part may be part of a post restriction, and connected to ability use.  I'm not sure, I'm trying to find out.

Egan hasn't posted since #40, and I asked if it was a post restriction in #41, the same post I quoted that database twice.

We've seen some neat and complex post restrictions.

(Auto) Don’t Worry About It: You cannot gain status conditions, change alignment, join any private chats, have your action targets changed, gain abilities, lose abilities, or have abilities modified. If you successfully alignment inspect someone, your result cannot be distorted from reality. The sole exception to these conditions is that Contractual Niceness can Disable this ability.
(Auto) Contractual Niceness: You are required to maintain a calm and kind demeanor during the Day and in private chats. If you violate this condition, Don’t Worry About It will be Disabled until you follow this condition for a full Day. You are encouraged to take breaks from the game whenever you feel like you need to.

From Webadict's google doc, Supernatural:

(Info) Fey Post Bonus:  Try as you might, you are still Fey.  If you tell no lies during the Day, you may use an additional Action that you are not already using during the Night.  If you invoke this and are found to be telling a direct lie, ALL of your Actions Fail for the rest of the game.

We're in a bastard game.  As I explained here in the last 4 paragraphs, I think it's a pain to make and maintain and probably not something Egan's doing because Egan just thought it up and decided to try.  I suspect Egan gets an ability-related benefit from posting involving it, and am trying to get info about that.

Which may not be possible to get.  We haven't heard from Egan in over 26 hours now.

My concern may or may not be a problem or anything real.  I haven't gotten an answer yet, and nothing in my role info tells me there is definitely a problem here.  I'm confused and concerned, and that complex and growing database is just part of it.  Egan's odd and sus without that as well.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2024, 09:32:38 pm »

Dare I say it, feels like this game is calling out for a "Hector13" presence.

Hey buddy-o-pal, whatcha mean about this?  What's a Hector13 presence to you?

You're anti-RVS (or mean something different than we do when you used the term), you're kinda talking about this game not having leadership, you're actively opposing (if you use RVS like we do) opening questions and interactions.  And also not leading yourself except to poke at me and Egan.  You call NJW out for being null when it's early game and most everyone's null to you.

Your reasons don't make sense to me, and you seem different than any other game I've been in with you.  So, I'd like to understand you better.  And I'm struggling to see ways to.

One of the questions I'll ask is, since you have played with me now in two games where I was anti-town, full on teamed scum, what do you see that matches that Witch Hunt game?  For me this isn't about your sus of me.  I want into your head and where you're thinking.  This is probably a pretty high stakes game (My favorite kind) and I want to decide if I want you D1 elim or not.

You can call me opportunistic, that's easy to say.  I stated clearly - I was second vote on you to see what everyone did while also thinking the vote pressure on you does nothing to you.  Unless there's something about your role so that just votes alone harm you, that's nothing.  That's not even pressure for you that I've ever seen.  Your reaction to me and all of us has really changed my focus.  I'm currently seriously considering if I do want you to be the D1 elim because you seem off.

So, talk more, m'dude.  Or not.  But I'm concerned and that concern grows.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2024, 09:17:21 am »

28 hours to Downtime. Please have any outstanding work finished by Maintenance.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2024, 09:56:44 am »

I think I'd like to solve for sofanthiel first. Then buy a vowel.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2024, 12:14:39 pm »

JuiceBox: do you believe Egan's miller claim?

Didn't like the fluff in this post or your opener. I expect better from experienced players.

I don't like Juicebox but they do bore me as town.

NJW, would you point out the fluff in Juicebox's posts that you're talking about?  I'm also interested in what you don't like about JB if it's more or other than that fluff.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2024, 12:26:23 pm »

I think I would rather hang Egan today. They haven't been very active and they haven't contributed much in the few posts they made. They also jumped on the AnimePigeon wagon parroting CM's reasoning, which was already weak to begin with

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2024, 01:01:09 pm »

I think I would rather hang Egan today. They haven't been very active and they haven't contributed much in the few posts they made. They also jumped on the AnimePigeon wagon parroting CM's reasoning, which was already weak to begin with

What's your current thinking on Egan vs sof, and why your vote when to Egan instead of sof?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2024, 01:20:04 pm »

Out of those, I would say that sofanthiel and juicebox could most reasonably be paired with Egan - sofanthiel most importantly isn't here, which would tend to lead to certain solomaf patterns I think we could arguably say may appear to be present.
Hmmm... yeah, I think I see the solo-mafia idea. If Egan's being coached at all, they're being coached by someone very laid back and on board with miller gambits, or someone who just arrived and yelled at them to step on the main wagon and clam up.

I'm less in sure about so many people potentially working out a miller claim with egan. I definitely would, but I dunno about Imp, and sofa/Juicebox/crystallisedmire doing it feels pretty unlikely.

What I would say is that my vote on Imp isn't just for show. I'm feeling vibes towards her that are similar to how she presented herself in the WitchHunt Game I played with her on Mafia Universe, where she was Scum.
Interesting. I do acknowledge that you've seen scum!Imp and I haven't really, but I tend to disagree with this assessment - this looks a lot like town Imp (or maybe survivor Imp, except survivor Imp claims survivor). Paranoia about unusual mechanics and people who've voted them especially. Still, I respect a read based on vibes... scum are often scared to do that.

I think I'd like to solve for sofanthiel first. Then buy a vowel.
sofa is indeed a policy elim if we only get one post from them today, but I have faith they'll turn up. Maybe.

NJW, would you point out the fluff in Juicebox's posts that you're talking about?  I'm also interested in what you don't like about JB if it's more or other than that fluff.
Fluff-wise: when I said that, they'd made two posts and a minor correction, asking six to nine questions depending how you count it, BUT basically none of them were about who is or isn't mafia. Stuff had happened in the game - there was a miller claim already, AP's vote on you, and Egan's "analysis" - so there was something to talk about. But Juicebox just asked RVS questions for getting discussion started, which are fine in their place but not after RVS is over. They did ask AP why they felt townhunting was a priority, but frankly that question and the reply "oh I think townhunting is the best way to win" was a waste of everyone's time. So yeah, 100% fluff. It's a very close analysis based on a small amount of near-RVS data, but it's the kind of thing I like observing, because I've caught scum that way before.

The fluff was the reason for my dislike. Now they're playing and making reads and votes, I'm willing to chalk it up to playstyle, as some people do play D1 differently from me. Though I definitely haven't forgotten about it. Their content so far has been a bit... thin and watery, I guess, but I broadly remember them playing this way as town. To be honest, I'm mostly struck by how little I remember after playing two or three long games with them.

After a reread, I'm starting to see AP in a bit of a townier light. The only thing that really pinged my radar was the sudden retaliative vote on Imp, and as town, I've seen AP make that kind of succinct "X is doing Y - vote on X" kind of post as town in the Soviet game. They've also stayed calm and defended their vote reasonably, and only switched to Egan once it's clear they wouldn't get the Imp elim and have a preferable target.

Using the same word as Juicebox did here in their egan vote was a bit strange, but I guess language can be pretty memetic.

Unvote.

More later perhaps.
One wheel short of a wagon

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2024, 01:32:50 pm »

Thanks for your answer, NJW.

To me this is a 'so quiet it is scary' game.

My reads, in order of concern (closest to townie at top):

NJW:  I generally like how he plays, this game too.  Could be town, low confidence and glad to keep watching.

MS:  Typical MS.  Going to be a delight if town.  All I see him doing is making small probing motions, could be town, no confidence but glad to keep watching.

CM:  Has become a decent to strong player over the last few games!  Could be anything here but I like the feel and see nothing I dislike or am concerned about.  Could be town, no confidence but glad to keep watching.  ((I remember recent games.  To me CM looked nicely towny as the thief in the last heist game where she probably would have won except she stopped to evil monolog before victory was certain.  She wasn't high sus to me in the demonology game where she was evil either, so I am now slow to think her town)

JB:  New to me.  Is playing with what I consided an 'oblique and careful style' (essentially what NJW calls fluff; I have a different definition for fluff), particularly early, but is getting closer to direct as the day continues.  I would be more concerned about this typically scum-like style except no meta, long break, still observing, and very weak feel.  Null and watching.

sof:  One post since game started, and none of these days is a weekend.  Only answered 3 questions in one post, all answers fluffy but not necessarily lies, and the attitude shown is disinterested/not concerned.  Feel says this is not currently scum-sof and I have just barely more than no confidence in my opinion.  Considering voting for pressure, and sof has responded to pressure, but this is a slow game with not a ton of D1 time left and we need 5 votes for elim.

AP:  New-to-me AP, unlike my 3 games with (but this is my first time where I'm town playing with AP.  I don't think that explains why AP feels incredibly different to me).  Is talking, sof's the better kill for that reason (and ignoring feel) but there's something very, very strange about this AP and it could be a wincon issue.  Weird-lean.  May be problem here.

Egan:  Very weird Egan.  Stopped talking, has huge weirdness and perception issues.  The wrong-feel's higher here than with AP for me.  I want to hear more from Egan before we elim if that's possible.  If Egan doesn't talk, my elim-intention vote may be here.  I really want to see us interacting in general, this game is scary quiet from several of us.

I think these are our current votecounts and the posts they came from:

AP (3) Egan#31, CM#27, Imp#14
Egan(2) AP#59, JB#68
Sof(1) MS#66
CM(1) JB#22

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2024, 02:11:29 pm »

What's your current thinking on Egan vs sof, and why your vote when to Egan instead of sof?

I'm voting Egan over sof because sof has made only one post so far, lynching them now would just seem like lynching them for inactivity, and while I think some pressure is warranted to get them to come and participate, they aren't the greatest lynch target. Egan on the other hand, while they also haven't posted that much has had some suspicious behavior in the posts that they have made which makes me view them as a better lynch

Also your vote count is incorrect, I changed my vote to Egan

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2024, 02:29:25 pm »

I'm voting Egan over sof because sof has made only one post so far, lynching them now would just seem like lynching them for inactivity, and while I think some pressure is warranted to get them to come and participate, they aren't the greatest lynch target. Egan on the other hand, while they also haven't posted that much has had some suspicious behavior in the posts that they have made which makes me view them as a better lynch

Also your vote count is incorrect, I changed my vote to Egan

Thank you.  Could you help me correct the votecount?  I'm not sure how to make it match what it should look like.

About Egan/sof/others for you.

Are you currently voting 'to kill'?  You've seen enough of Egan, you have no further questions (or are you that sure they won't be answered)?  Like, if we had hammers, is it time for day to end for you?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2024, 02:56:23 pm »

Ahh, I see.  I didn't remove your older vote!  Thank you.

AP (3) Egan#31, CM#27, Imp#14
Egan(2) AP#59, JB#68
Sof(1) MS#66

Never voted/unvoted:  Sof, NJW#70
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19