Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Mafia: Net Police Triumph, Town\Mafia Loss  (Read 6233 times)

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: Net Police - Mafia Heist Plans for Day 1 (8/8)
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2024, 05:37:59 am »

#12 - Still feeling rather Null vibes regarding the NJW Seat. I appreciate the attempt to start some conversation, but RVS isn't the best way to generate discussion. It's normally best used during the mid game to try and freak out the Evils into missteping.

Not sure if "#12" will work, but thought I would try seeing if it lets me link to that post that way.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2024, 06:42:37 am »

Sofanthiel: If you had a one-shot protect, when would you use it?
Off the top of my head: when a player with an ability vital to whatever strategy--town or otherwise--I'm a proponent of would be most likely to become a victim of a death induction by means of killing, i.e., potentially after revealing their plan to win and agreeing with me to protect them.  This would require the game to have already been solved!  I know it's more of a stretch than you might have wanted for an answer, but I can faintly recall something akin to this transpiring before (...and it's RVS, so who cares :P).

User_sofanthiel: what is the ideal frequency of posting in order to maximize for the product of both effectiveness and fun? Answer in units=minutes
Hmmm...  That is a tricky one, author=Egan_BW of link=topic=182656.msg8546078#msg8546078.  Many netfarers have pointed out how Bay12 is usually a lot slower than other forums in that regard; however, I actually prefer that speed; there's less textual litter and whatnot.  With that in mind, maybe approximately 2.2126235638 posts/hour on average, which just happens to be about the rate of this thread.

Egan:  Are we seeing you with a post restriction of a sort?
The d3v5p33k style began with User_Egan_BW's IN post.  I'd wager it's simple flavor.  I also considered sticking to my crazytalk, though I fortunately decided against it.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2024, 10:16:22 am »

Technically, my mission in making miller claims meta has been to achieve webadict's dream world where millers are always lynched d1. So I guess I should vote for Egan_BW. No hard feelings.
Apart from you, who would scum!Egan claiming miller with here? This isn't me being the fun police and trying to stop you enforcing Web's meta goals in games Web's not even in; I genuinely don't really trust Egan's miller claim and want your insight on this.

Imp is right that something's off about Egan vote justification. Imp is wrong to worry about robot the speak, unless she's worried Egan is using it to disguise tone, in which case... ehhh, maybe but I wouldn't sweat it

didn't claim as town in first post⬇️, edited post⬇️
How firmly do you back this reasoning? And was your vote pressure or a genuine belief that AP's the likeliest to be mafia right now?

Animepigeon:
Regarding Imp, I just believe she's willing to vote anyone but herself 110% of the time.Whilst that might be obvious for self preservation, I tend to take a different approach myself, I won't counter vote just to save myself, unless I believe in that vote.
Does that extend to your vote on Imp? And the 110% of the time - does that mean for town!Imp as much as scum!Imp?

Thus far, I like Crystallized. I don't know about Imp but slight town lean. I don't know about Max. I haven't seen enough from Sofa to tell, but they're boring me so far today and they don't tend to bore me as town. I don't like Juicebox but they do bore me as town. I'm very interested in AP's reaction to Imp and Egan's jump on the Imp wagon... I think between those two, we've almost definitely found something.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2024, 11:10:35 am »

Apart from you, who would scum!Egan claiming miller with here? This isn't me being the fun police and trying to stop you enforcing Web's meta goals in games Web's not even in; I genuinely don't really trust Egan's miller claim and want your insight on this.
I think Egan would do it independently because Egan likes to do weird fun things that might not even be helpful to his wincon. That said, there are also people who would come up with it - potentially Imp, CrystalizedMire, and sofanthiel, and of course juicebox, by pointing out that claiming miller has become a meta, has inherently admitted that he might think to do it too. Not to mention you, but I have already decided to assume you are town for d1 based purely on your first post.

In other words, the only one who I think almost certainly wouldn't is AnimePigeon, just due to lacking the background that would drive a miller claim here.

Out of those, I would say that sofanthiel and juicebox could most reasonably be paired with Egan - sofanthiel most importantly isn't here, which would tend to lead to certain solomaf patterns I think we could arguably say may appear to be present.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2024, 11:51:03 am »

I'm very interested in AP's reaction to Imp and Egan's jump on the Imp wagon... I think between those two, we've almost definitely found something.

NJW, are there any mixups in names there?  If not, what's interesting about Egan's jump on the Imp wagon?

#12 - Still feeling rather Null vibes regarding the NJW Seat. I appreciate the attempt to start some conversation, but RVS isn't the best way to generate discussion. It's normally best used during the mid game to try and freak out the Evils into missteping.

Not sure if "#12" will work, but thought I would try seeing if it lets me link to that post that way.

Quote this and copy/paste if you wish to see how to format it; my last use of #12 in this post is formatted to show how to link.

We can understand and find #12, but to make it easier for us to see, you can click on the top of that post, so the url changes to that specific post, then use this formating:  #12

It's cool you're null towards NJW enough to discuss.  How do you feel towards others?  Anyone else you're not null on besides apparently me?

The d3v5p33k style began with User_Egan_BW's IN post.  I'd wager it's simple flavor.  I also considered sticking to my crazytalk, though I fortunately decided against it.

Yeah, I don't mean the RP in general.  I actually mean the database-related parts.  I think that it is something of a pain to do (I don't mind seeing or reading it, but making it is work).

Encouraging us not to quote Egan's posts 'in full'.  Which would involve repasting the database.  Just seems weird to me overall, it's personal effort to do and maintain and I expect it benefits Egan or else it wouldn't be done.  I don't see a social benefit, so I am thinking it's potentially ability-related.

I also note that Egan only linked to themself once in the various database renditions, using the initials ER for themself when they showed their vote for me.  Later database updates just unlinked shows the ER initials, while still linking to everyone else's posts and votes, or doesn't list ER at all.

Nothing about my role gives me clues to expect there's a database post restriction and it may be a problem - this isn't like Choose Your Own Spheres where I had a role that made me very concerned about what Webadict was doing with emeralds and why that might be so scary, omg stop Webadict now.  I'm just aware we're in bastard-game-land and Egan's doing a heck of a lot of work for no obvious reason and doing it with some weird conditionals.  "Feels weird, man".
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2024, 11:53:51 am »

Technically, my mission in making miller claims meta has been to achieve webadict's dream world where millers are always lynched d1. So I guess I should vote for Egan_BW. No hard feelings.

Imp is right that something's off about Egan vote justification. Imp is wrong to worry about robot the speak, unless she's worried Egan is using it to disguise tone, in which case... ehhh, maybe but I wouldn't sweat it

How firmly do you back this reasoning? And was your vote pressure or a genuine belief that AP's the likeliest to be mafia right now?

Animepigeon:
Regarding Imp, I just believe she's willing to vote anyone but herself 110% of the time.Whilst that might be obvious for self preservation, I tend to take a different approach myself, I won't counter vote just to save myself, unless I believe in that vote.
Does that extend to your vote on Imp? And the 110% of the time - does that mean for town!Imp as much as scum!Imp?

Thus far, I like Crystallized. I don't know about Imp but slight town lean. I don't know about Max. I haven't seen enough from Sofa to tell, but they're boring me so far today and they don't tend to bore me as town. I don't like Juicebox but they do bore me as town. I'm very interested in AP's reaction to Imp and Egan's jump on the Imp wagon... I think between those two, we've almost definitely found something.
What I would say is that my vote on Imp isn't just for show. I'm feeling vibes towards her that are similar to how she presented herself in the WitchHunt Game I played with her on Mafia Universe, where she was Scum.

My vote on Imp isn't self preservation, for it to be self preservation, there would have needed to have been a counter wagon, me voting Imp doesn't start that wagon - atleast not at the time I voted her.

I couldn't have planned for anyone else to have jumped onto the Imp Train, but at least I conducted the Train first instead of just tagging on as others may.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2024, 11:55:25 am »

I'm very interested in AP's reaction to Imp and Egan's jump on the Imp wagon... I think between those two, we've almost definitely found something.

NJW, are there any mixups in names there?  If not, what's interesting about Egan's jump on the Imp wagon?

Quote this and copy/paste if you wish to see how to format it; my last use of #12 in this post is formatted to show how to link.

We can understand and find #12, but to make it easier for us to see, you can click on the top of that post, so the url changes to that specific post, then use this formating:  #12

It's cool you're null towards NJW enough to discuss.  How do you feel towards others?  Anyone else you're not null on besides apparently me?

Yeah, I don't mean the RP in general.  I actually mean the database-related parts.  I think that it is something of a pain to do (I don't mind seeing or reading it, but making it is work).

Encouraging us not to quote Egan's posts 'in full'.  Which would involve repasting the database.  Just seems weird to me overall, it's personal effort to do and maintain and I expect it benefits Egan or else it wouldn't be done.  I don't see a social benefit, so I am thinking it's potentially ability-related.

I also note that Egan only linked to themself once in the various database renditions, using the initials ER for themself when they showed their vote for me.  Later database updates just unlinked shows the ER initials, while still linking to everyone else's posts and votes, or doesn't list ER at all.

Nothing about my role gives me clues to expect there's a database post restriction and it may be a problem - this isn't like Choose Your Own Spheres where I had a role that made me very concerned about what Webadict was doing with emeralds and why that might be so scary, omg stop Webadict now.  I'm just aware we're in bastard-game-land and Egan's doing a heck of a lot of work for no obvious reason and doing it with some weird conditionals.  "Feels weird, man".

I see - having to include an entire html link is a pain 😂

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2024, 12:08:00 pm »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2024, 01:41:23 pm »

Not sure I like this early wagon on Pigeon, definitely don"t like this vote, Egan seems to be just parroting CM's reasoning here
Can you explain why you don't like the wagon or is it because of Egan's vote?
Egan:  Are we seeing you with a post restriction of a sort?

I don't like several things about Egan's reasoning.  Me posting a lot is definitely NAI; AP editing his post is newbie, not scum equity (His home forum encourages post editing in game for minor fixes, it's ignored and expected).

I do not think Egan is doing the database thing for fun.

I think it's being done for profit, and I don't know the game or its rules, but I am concerned.
Egan's not even trying to hide the fact that the database thing is just to look helpful rather than engage with the game.
NOTE TO ALL USERS: quoting my whole post is not recommended. egcorp accepts no liability for explosion in character count or page-space-usage
Spoiler: database (click to show/hide)

Followed by this:

Error in methodology detected. Pushing hotfix. Expunge all outdated codes.

I think it's likely we're seeing something fishy and meaningful, and I am concerned/confused about this.
May you clarify what I'm supposed to see here? Because I'm not seeing anything suspicious at all.

Sofanthiel: What do you think about Anime Pigeon's wagon?
she/her

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2024, 02:59:06 pm »

There isn't too much to go off so far.

Egan I think has been the one talking asif they are a computer program, which is fine, but I don't see what it generally adds to the game

Sofethaniel is interesting, especially given this is my first game with them not being a Hydra.

CM has recently been talking and I have some pluses on them from there recent content.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2024, 03:03:03 pm »

Egan I think has been the one talking asif they are a computer program, which is fine, but I don't see what it generally adds to the game

Sofethaniel is interesting, especially given this is my first game with them not being a Hydra.

CM has recently been talking and I have some pluses on them from there recent content.

Cool, thank you.

What stood out about NJW's null-ness for you to point out

?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2024, 03:38:07 pm »

Not sure I like this early wagon on Pigeon, definitely don"t like this vote, Egan seems to be just parroting CM's reasoning here
Can you explain why you don't like the wagon or is it because of Egan's vote?

It's mainly because of Egan's vote, and how quickly they jumped on the wagon after you did, while parroting your reasoning.

I don't like your vote on AnimePigeon either, but Egan's is way more egregious

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2024, 04:41:38 pm »

Yeah, sorry, that should read "Egan's jump on the Animepigeon wagon".
One wheel short of a wagon

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2024, 04:46:46 pm »

Cool, thank you.

What stood out about NJW's null-ness for you to point out

?

I mean, NJW2000 at least attempted to generate discussion. Whilst it didn't prove too fruitful, the effort was still there.

Dare I say it, feels like this game is calling out for a "Hector13" presence.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2024, 04:52:18 pm »

I haven't really used the "what you see is what you get" editor before, but it's fairly helpful in this situation.

Maximum Spin I am town as well. Seeing as this is a bastard game do you think we should focus more on scumhunting or trying to figure out the bastard mechanics?
User_juicebox: you didn't ask me, but try to prioritize hunting scum. tric doesn't have the guts to make a bastard game where that's not still the priority

EganBW, how active do you plan to be this game, and do you think low activity is a scumtell?
User_juicebox: I will be as active as it pleases me to be at any given moment. Brain energy is a limited resource, I'm only spending it where doing do would improve my own life. Keeping a count of votes and posts will take a little extra effort, but we'll see how it goes.

Based on analysis below, SCUM == AnimePidgeon, SCUM =/= Imp

This is totally sustainable /s
my vote seems to be a bandwagon now, but in actuality my thinking was just combining these two data points:

If that seems simplistic, then, well, simplistic can work sometimes

Can't say I really like any of your content Egan.

It feels very weak and poorly structured & explained.

You are quick to vote Imp and have numberous apparent reasons for this, then pivot to me with fairly weak reasonings, in order to piggyback the AnimePigeon Wagon.

You don't appear to be Scum Hunting, or if you are, you are failing on epic preportions.

For me, I think that Egans Vote is probably more of an egregious example of being opportunistic, even more so than Imp.

Thus, EganBW
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19